Bones vs EMH

The place where serious discussions can take place.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Who is the funniest/best Doctor?

Dr. Bones McCoy
47%
Emergency Medical Hologram (USS Voyager)
53%

Total votes: 38

Thun
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Bones vs EMH

Post by Thun » Sat Jan 03, 2004 6:07 am

We've all seen them. We've all laughed our butts off at their funny remarks. They have both used the "I'm a doctor not a <insert whatever you can think off here>" But which one is your favorite, which one YOU think is funny-er. Post all about it here! :D

Thun
I am always in need of help.
DIE INSECT!!! *squish* Where were we?

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Sat Jan 03, 2004 11:13 am

Bones is only funny when he is insulting Spock, "By god I prefer him before he died" from Star Trek IV the Voyage Home for example,

The EMH is more funny in terms of body language and alic remarks he comes up with, especially to Neelix in most all confrontation episodes, "I'd recommend you eat something, but trying Neelix's cooking you know where sickbay is" from I think it is either the Scientific Method episode or the one where Chakotay has to communicate with an alien in his sleep I'll have to double check that one.

Comical Wise, the EMH gets it, but I havent seen TOS for a long time, so it is a little tilt sided for me at the mo

Adam

nOOb
Ensign
Ensign

Post by nOOb » Sat Jan 03, 2004 1:06 pm

I'd have to that the EMH is the master of wit and snide remarks. I don't remeber him saying what phantom said, but the last time i saw voyager was the series finale. Bones Kirk and Spock have a funny kind of comeraderie, but the rest of the crew respond to the EMH's jokes with more than a raised eyebrow. The EMH should keep a bucket of ice handy for when he burns the crew :lol: I quess they took the humor sub routine out of the EMH 2(message in a bottle) :)[/i]

Thun
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Thun » Sat Jan 03, 2004 2:39 pm

Phantom wrote:The EMH is more funny in terms of body language and alic remarks he comes up with, especially to Neelix in most all confrontation episodes, "I'd recommend you eat something, but trying Neelix's cooking you know where sickbay is" from I think it is either the Scientific Method episode or the one where Chakotay has to communicate with an alien in his sleep I'll have to double check that one.
"The Acting Doctor" (Tom Paris) said something similar to that in the episode "Message In A Bottle". Where Tom had to treat heartburn patients for Neelix's Chili. I love the line "Next time I'll use less of those Jalapenos"
I am always in need of help.
DIE INSECT!!! *squish* Where were we?

Numbazix
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Apples and Oranges

Post by Numbazix » Sat Jan 03, 2004 3:06 pm

You really can't compare the two in my opinion. Both are unique. EMH is the funniest. Bones is more serious and believable as a doctor.
Zix
Master of all I survey--wheres my glasses?

Alohaman
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Alohaman » Sat Apr 10, 2004 4:30 am

It's gotta be Bones, I remember all of his funny exploits like in Star Trek VI, Chang is talking over the intercom and Bones says to Spock, "I'd give real money if he'd shut up."

CenturionV
Ensign
Ensign

Post by CenturionV » Sat Apr 10, 2004 6:46 am

The EMH wins easy. Bones was boring and dry (hence his name?) He had the occasional good moment with spock but he can't compare with the EMH, he was possibly the best most believible character on voyager, he is one of the few reasons I really cared about any of voyagers characters.
"Oh, now be honest, Captain. Warrior to warrior. You do prefer it this way, don't you, as it was meant to be. No peace in our time. "Once more unto the breach, dear friends."

Fireball
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Fireball » Sat Apr 10, 2004 8:08 am

bones any day
bones was always funny imo
and anyway
give respect to the dead......its to bad a lotta the characters are getting old and sick, especiall Doohan (Scotty)

Alohaman
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Alohaman » Sat Apr 10, 2004 8:41 am

About Doohan, I heard that he is 82 and since DeForest Kelley died he is my only favourite character left. I am going to look for his address cause I saw it the other day in the newspaper.

The-Great-White-Fro
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by The-Great-White-Fro » Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:49 pm

Bones rules as he always has something smartass-ish to say
"Cry Havoc, and let slip the dogs of war." -Mark Antony, Julius Caeser, Act II , scene iii

Current Commander of the Nova Class, USS Mosquito in the BC mod FBCMP

blindeye01
Captain
Captain

Post by blindeye01 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:37 pm

My friends say I am a cross between Bones and the doctor so I flipped a coin when I chose.

They were different, but both are great.
Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to

Zered003
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Zered003 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:37 pm

They were both great for thier time. You really can't compare the two b/c you could not have them trade places. That would be the only way to true compare the two. The only certain thing in this discussion is that without Bones, there would have been no EMH.
I enjoy the moments of peace and quite.
You know, when you dont think about anything.
I enjoy all 3 seconds of the day when that happens.

Twitch
Commander
Commander

Post by Twitch » Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:57 pm

It's Bones, dammit Jim!
The Borg will rock your world!

Captain_H
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Captain_H » Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:47 pm

Phantom wrote:Bones is only funny when he is insulting Spock, "By god I prefer him before he died" from Star Trek IV the Voyage Home for example,

The EMH is more funny in terms of body language and alic remarks he comes up with, especially to Neelix in most all confrontation episodes, "I'd recommend you eat something, but trying Neelix's cooking you know where sickbay is" from I think it is either the Scientific Method episode or the one where Chakotay has to communicate with an alien in his sleep I'll have to double check that one.

Comical Wise, the EMH gets it, but I havent seen TOS for a long time, so it is a little tilt sided for me at the mo

Adam
I choose McCoy, just because I have seen that character more than the Doctor on Voyager.

By the way, no offense to you Phantom, but that line was from Star Trek V: The Final Fontier. And it is the scene around the campfire at the beginning of the movie.
Check out my Myspace page (still a work in progress but anyways)
http://www.myspace.com/captainh6440

blindeye01
Captain
Captain

Post by blindeye01 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:51 pm

Bones was best with Spock, better with Spock than the Doctor with anyone, but standing alone its hard to tell.
Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to