What if we threw a World War III and nobody came?

This room is for pic or comments that might offend other & younger viewers. Making fun of companys or people is allowed as long as it not a member of this community. ENTER ROOM AT OWN RISK!!!! You have been warned.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Numbazix
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

The Only Constant is Change

Post by Numbazix » Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:13 am

Yes, the only constant is change. However, not all change is good. Everyone seems to love the poison alcohol. Alcohol related deaths, I suppose are just something we have to live with. I've never heard of any marijuana related deaths, although I suppose they do exist. Of course what I'm really talking about is stupidity. It is stupid to get in your car after drinking or smoking grass. So what?

How did we come to all these regulations? Most of the drug laws came about due to the fact the drug addiction to cocain, morphine, and later heroin were at epidemic levels. Addicts do not practice self-restraint, so laws were adopted to lessen the threat posed by drugs. There have always been lies intertwined with the truth when it comes to these laws, but on the whole these laws do keep addiction rates lower than if no laws existed. Does that mean I'm in favor? That's both yeas and no. I do not now use any of the mentioned poisons--and yes, marijuana is also a poison when tars and residue they leave in your lungs are considered.

Stupidity is the root of all laws. If people could be trusted to make smart decisions all the time there would be no reason for laws. Like the Gumpster said, "Stupid is as stupid does."
Zix
Master of all I survey--wheres my glasses?

captainparanoid
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by captainparanoid » Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:28 am

oh.
Last edited by captainparanoid on Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Numbazix
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Numbazix » Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:19 am

Interesting analysis. Take a look around, ahem, this ain't Amsterdam and legalization is not going to occur. One reason for that is smoke and mirrors: If I bust a bunch of dopers I am a successful law agency and you don't watch what I'm not doing quite as well. Another reason is that these agendas are well funded and the mindset is well ingrained in the US. God forbid they should ever do something sensible and liberal as legalization. Fortunately the political cycle from liberal to conservative and back again is moving away from conservative. Unfortunately this cycle is a slow one.
Zix

captainparanoid
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by captainparanoid » Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:16 am

ah.
Last edited by captainparanoid on Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Numbazix
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Numbazix » Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:41 am

captainparanoid wrote:...The cause is largely to be seen as the...extensive psychological warfare conducted on the population.
Television is the main tool in controlling our minds. All governments need and use measures to control their people. Some are more indirect, thank God, than others. Yes, the DEA has busted five or more RC web-sites recently in thier efforts to wage the drug war via computer. Prevously legal compounds of the phenelthylamine and tryptamine families which were considered legal right up until the busts are now beling classified as analogues for Schedule I substances. One particular site was in business 5 years openly on the internet. They were openly doing business because the substances were legal. It seems that Ashcrost and the DEA have decided to enforce some laws they weren't enforcing previously. Hmmm. Watch out! More is on the way.

Free speech, news, political criticism? They've been chipping away at our freedoms for years. Being 53 years old, I've been around long enough to know the difference between how freedom was 30 years ago and present date. We have now the equivilent freedom of the Soviet Union under Gorby. The difference here is that they went left and continued to expand freedom while we have gone right and continue to lose freedom. What is very interesting is that this was predicted by a political science professor I had when I went to Wayne State University buck in 1973. He said the Soviet Union (now Russia since the SU is defunct) would populate themselves into freedom and the US would populate themselves into more social controls and less freedoms. He wasn't too far off the mark since he predicted no difference between the SU and the US by 2000.
Zix

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:54 pm

He wasn't too far off the mark since he predicted no difference between the SU and the US by 2000.
That's for sure! 8)

brobrodeel
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year
Location: In the USS Deel, Ramming Quantum Torpedos up your a$$.

Post by brobrodeel » Sat Aug 07, 2004 2:11 pm

this thread dose not make sense anymore grrrrrrrrrrrr

Numbazix
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Numbazix » Sat Aug 07, 2004 2:38 pm

CaptParanoid is promoted to Admiral :lol: .
Zix

brobrodeel
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year
Location: In the USS Deel, Ramming Quantum Torpedos up your a$$.

Post by brobrodeel » Sat Aug 07, 2004 2:42 pm

lol

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Sat Aug 07, 2004 3:18 pm

this thread dose not make sense anymore grrrrrrrrrrrr
Anymore? Did it before? :lol: I couldn't resist!
CaptParanoid is promoted to Admiral
:lol: :P Then I'm Mr. President! :D

Numbazix
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Numbazix » Sat Aug 07, 2004 3:21 pm

And I am the Emperor of Mars 8O .
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Zix

cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 » Sat Aug 07, 2004 4:11 pm

now now lets not hijack the thread please lets stay on topic

captainparanoid
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by captainparanoid » Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:35 pm

I thought the idea was to burn the evidence. Was I wrong?

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:44 am

Understood - loud and clear! Sorry for the inconvenience. We were talking about how freedom in America is at this time and how it was predicted in the 70's that by 2000 there would be more social controls and less freedom.

Twitch
Commander
Commander

Post by Twitch » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:52 am

Calling nurse brobrodeel, you're right- it's time to medicate the patients in the Fruitcake Sanitarium. They're rambling incoherently again. :lol: