Did you know...

This room is for pic or comments that might offend other & younger viewers. Making fun of companys or people is allowed as long as it not a member of this community. ENTER ROOM AT OWN RISK!!!! You have been warned.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Harrie
Commander
Commander

Did you know...

Post by Harrie » Sun May 01, 2005 9:44 pm

that the common house fly flies at an average speed of 4.5 MPH

Take it away boys (and any girls that may be out there) just post up random facts about nothing, try not to repeat and no insults... except against Mike Jackson, every ones favorite perv (my apologies to anyone who likes him and believes in his innocence)
The Roman Empire did not create prosperity and come to be feared by having meetings and doing paperwork; they did this by killing all who opposed them.

icewolf132
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by icewolf132 » Sun May 01, 2005 10:31 pm

- ancient romans at one time used human urine as an ingredient in their toothpaste

- after the US civil war, about 40% of all US paper currency in circulation was counterfeit

- in 1685, ne france used playing cards as currency because of the shortage of coins
Star Trekkin' across the universe, because I STILL can't find reverse!

Usage Permission; All are free to use and edit my work in any way they see fit, so long as credit is given where it is due.

Harrie
Commander
Commander

Post by Harrie » Sun May 01, 2005 10:40 pm

- there is a field in Israel that has had 47 battles on it, its the same field that the bible says the battle between good and evil will take place on
The Roman Empire did not create prosperity and come to be feared by having meetings and doing paperwork; they did this by killing all who opposed them.

USS_Nova
Ensign
Ensign

Post by USS_Nova » Mon May 02, 2005 3:24 am

If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee. (Hardly seems worth it.)

If you farted consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough gas is produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb. (Now that's more like it!)

The human heart creates enough pressure when it pumps out to the body to squirt blood 30 feet. (O.M.G.!)

A pig's orgasm lasts 30 minutes. (In my next life, I want to be a pig.)

A cockroach will live nine days without its head before it starves to death. (Creepy.)

(I'm still not over the pig)

Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour. (Do not try this at home. Maybe at work.)

The male praying mantis cannot copulate while its head is attached to its body. The female initiates sex by ripping the male's head off. ("Honey, I'm home. What the...?!")

The flea can jump 350 times its body length. It's like a human jumping the length of a football field. (30 minutes... lucky pig. Can you imagine??)

The catfish has over 27,000 taste buds. (What could be so tasty on the bottom of a pond?)

Some lions mate over 50 times a day. (I still want to be a pig in my next life...quality over quantity)

Butterflies taste with their feet. (Something I always wanted to know.)

The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue. (Hmmmmmm........)

Right-handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people. (If you're ambidextrous, do you split the difference?)

Elephants are the only animals that cannot jump. (OK, so that would be a good thing....................?)

A cat's urine glows under a black light. (I wonder who was paid to figure that out?)

An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain. (I know some people like that.)

Starfish have no brains. (I know some people like that too.)

Polar bears are left-handed (If they switch, they'll live a lot longer.)

Humans and dolphins are the only species that have sex for pleasure. (What about that pig??)
Its been a while.

Majestic
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Majestic » Mon May 02, 2005 4:13 am

lol. Funny stuff USS_Nova. :lol:

USS_Nova
Ensign
Ensign

Post by USS_Nova » Mon May 02, 2005 4:19 am

Hehe, thx :)
Its been a while.

Majestic
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Majestic » Mon May 02, 2005 4:24 am

No Problems 8)

Harrie
Commander
Commander

Post by Harrie » Sun May 08, 2005 9:57 pm

Did you know that if I had 5 children and those 5 had 5 and so on and so forth after 25 generations or 500 years i would have a total of 298,023,223,876,953,125 decendants. It just proves that we all may be related.

Do you think Donny Trump would put me in his will for being his 28366th cousin 683 times removed?

blindeye01
Captain
Captain

Post by blindeye01 » Sun May 08, 2005 10:23 pm

That rant with the commentaries is on a lot of wwebsites.

Did you know if California was its own country it would have the 5th strongest economy on Earth?

Did you know an alligator's bite pressure exceeds its jaw fracture strength, so it breaks its jaw before it reaches maximum bite power?

Did you know that most major port cities have at least 25% of their buildings over former dumps?

Did you know that there is a country of about 80 people in an apartment in Rome with its own post office, embassy, and military?

Did you know the Peregrine falcon can attain a dive speed of over 220 miles per hour(300 km/hour)?
Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to

Harrie
Commander
Commander

Post by Harrie » Sun May 08, 2005 10:30 pm

Vatican City is a tad bit larger than that but you summed it up nicely.

blindeye01
Captain
Captain

Post by blindeye01 » Mon May 09, 2005 6:58 pm

Not the Vatican City. Its even smaller. I forgot the name, but it was formed by knights in the 12th century.
Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to

blindeye01
Captain
Captain

Post by blindeye01 » Mon May 09, 2005 9:05 pm

Here it is. It is arguable

"Some argue that The Sovereign Military Order Of Malta (SMOM) is actually the world's smallest country"

Some claim that there is a country even smaller than the world's smallest country, Vatican City. They claim that world's actual smallest country, is an organization headquartered in Rome called the Sovereign Military Order Of Malta (SMOM for short but also known as the Knights of Malta and also officially the Sovereign Military Hopsitaller Order Of St. John Of Jerusalem, Of Rhodes And Of Malta).

While the Sovereign Military Order Of Malta was once an independent country, today it is no more an independent country than any other organization

Titan
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Titan » Tue May 10, 2005 10:01 am

Over 10,000 birds a year die from smashing into windows

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Tue May 10, 2005 11:12 am

Over 3.2 trillion bugs a DAY die from smashing into windshields!!! Seriously, somebody actually studied this.

Of course, in the Northern-Hemisphere winter, that amount is less because there are not as many cars and trucks in the Southern Hemisphere. :P

A human can survive up to 150 bee stings if they are not allergic to bee stings!
Dead

CaptSyf
Commander
Commander

Post by CaptSyf » Tue May 10, 2005 3:28 pm

Did you know, every US $1.00, $5.00, $10.00 and $20.00 bill currency has traces of EVERY known substance known to man, including Illegal, Illicit, and Toxic substances. (it's a wonder the drug addicts aren't smoking dollar bills!) :lol:

Do you realise, the average male in the USA carrys his money in his back pocket. Sometimes in the front too. (And people say that they LOVE the smell of money!!! Gross) :lol:
The end of one Era is near... Star Trek Armada II - All Good Things...