Did you know...

This room is for pic or comments that might offend other & younger viewers. Making fun of companys or people is allowed as long as it not a member of this community. ENTER ROOM AT OWN RISK!!!! You have been warned.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Numbazix
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Numbazix » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:18 am

Did you know that radiddy-o-shack sells lousy guitar cables? Had a $25 one that boasted about its durability--dead after 1 weak.
Zix
Master of all I survey--wheres my glasses?

Twitch
Commander
Commander

Post by Twitch » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:14 pm

The fastest wheel driven car is the Turbinator which ran 458.44 in 2001.

The fastest piston-engined car was the Goldenrod which hit 409.277 in 1965. In 1991 the Speedomotive ran 409.978.
The Borg will rock your world!

Harrie
Commander
Commander

Post by Harrie » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:07 pm

Lt_Bradley wrote:
Harrie wrote:did you know that Devils Tower is actually not rising out of the ground, the ground around it is falling away because of erosion and consequentally making it taller. Though after a few more million years even the tower itself will be gone.
Really? 8O So your saying it was once a really big mesa and it has eroded to its current state? Facinating. 8) Although is it "getting taller," because to do that either the ground is lowering below its own current height, or it is just getting narrower.
No, no, no. :lol: You see the Tower is made out of magma that welled up and cooled while under the earths surface. As it cooled cracks formed in it. Well as time passed it the earth around it was eroded away, several million years ago it was just this big flatish rock that stuck maybe a foot or two out of the ground. more time passed and more dirt was moved away by wind, rain, and the near by river, as this happened it seemed to be being pushed out of the ground when in fact the ground was just 'moving' away.

Now about it eventually being gone. All rock erodes the Tower is made out of cooled magma, which is more resistant to erosion than the dirt around. when it cooled, like i said earlier, cracks formed. when the Tower got far enough out of the ground these crack started breaking off, causing the columns, or claw marks as some call them, on the sides and the pile of rocks that sit at its base. but eventually it will completely fall apart and it will be Devils Pile of Rock rather than Devils Tower.
The Roman Empire did not create prosperity and come to be feared by having meetings and doing paperwork; they did this by killing all who opposed them.

Twitch
Commander
Commander

Post by Twitch » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:57 am

Did you know that on July 1976 the SR-71A "Blackbird" set speed and altitude record- (Altitude in Horizontal Flight: 85,068.997 ft. and Speed Over a Straight Course: 2,193.167 mph)?
Last edited by Twitch on Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zered003
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Zered003 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:32 pm

That it has been so long since the devils tower was used in a certain movie. That there are accually kids that don't understand what is so funny about making a model of it out of your mashed potatoes.
I enjoy the moments of peace and quite.
You know, when you dont think about anything.
I enjoy all 3 seconds of the day when that happens.

Twitch
Commander
Commander

Post by Twitch » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:38 pm

Did you know that the AACA- Antique Auto Club of America classifies any car 25 years or older an antique? Hey your 1980 Ford Granada is now big time!! :D

CaptSyf
Commander
Commander

Post by CaptSyf » Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:20 pm

Cool... My 1980 Chevy truck is an antique... Who wants to by an old rusted chevy for a rediculious amount of green? Do I here $100,000.00... going once, going twice... look at that guy run.... :lol:

There be real Dragons... Dragonflies that is. Did you know that Adult dragonflies live for 2weeks upto 2 months only. Also did you know that they have nearly 30,000 facets on each of their eyes, giving them excellent vision. Dragonflies are known to terrorize the skies, snatching and eating midges, mosquitoes, moths, bees, butterflies, or even other dragonflies on the fly. But they are highly beneficial predators that destroy large numbers of mosquitoes.

God bless the Dragons....

Twitch
Commander
Commander

Post by Twitch » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:36 pm

Did you know that the pilot who destroyed the most tanks in WW 2 was Hans Rudel? 519 tanks.

blindeye01
Captain
Captain

Post by blindeye01 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:55 pm

Did you know armistice for WWI was signed on the eleventh minute of the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month?

11/11/1918 at 11:11 PM
Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to

Hellkite
Captain
Captain
Location: In a Valkrye-starfighter bringing hell to the enemies of the USS Midway because hell just wont wait

Post by Hellkite » Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:37 am

Hans-Ulrich Rudel's input was also used during development of A-10 attack craft

Twitch
Commander
Commander

Post by Twitch » Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:39 pm

Did you know that the Stuka ground attack/dive bomber had a siren that screamed to create psychological impact?

Zered003
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Zered003 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:45 pm

Did you know that I learned that off Star Trek Enterprise. Season 4, Episode 2. Close to the end of the episode when the Enterprise fights a group of them in the New York City skyline. That is a great scene.
I enjoy the moments of peace and quite.
You know, when you dont think about anything.
I enjoy all 3 seconds of the day when that happens.

Twitch
Commander
Commander

Post by Twitch » Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:31 am

Did you know that the CIA says Fidel Castro has Parkinson's disease?
:?

Phoenix
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Phoenix » Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:56 am

Did you know that the A-10 Thunderbolt, if you fire the cannon it calls a weapon, will start to fly backwards due to the recoil?

And, that in ancient times, Spanish steel was considered to make some of the best swords? This was thought to be because they tempered the metal by shoving it through the nearest slave . . . . a blacksmith friend of mine reckons it was the carbon the steel gathered in passing . . . . Let's hear it for Carbon-based life forms!
From the flames of the Ages, The Firebird once more awakens...

Fighting member of the Four Star Alliance.
It has begun...

Twitch
Commander
Commander

Post by Twitch » Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:38 am

Did you know that the newly found planet is named Xena by its discoverers because they simply always wanted to name something Xena?