Did you know...

This room is for pic or comments that might offend other & younger viewers. Making fun of companys or people is allowed as long as it not a member of this community. ENTER ROOM AT OWN RISK!!!! You have been warned.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Phoenix
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Phoenix » Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:58 am

XENA!?!?!?!?! Oh,well......

Did you know that it is thought that Bruce Lee died from being too FIT. It is thought that he was so fit that his heart stopped beating.....

So, mom was right when she said too much of a good thing is bad for you.....
From the flames of the Ages, The Firebird once more awakens...

Fighting member of the Four Star Alliance.
It has begun...

Twitch
Commander
Commander

Post by Twitch » Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:04 pm

Did you know they named the Xens'a moon Gabreilla?
The Borg will rock your world!

Phoenix
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Phoenix » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:51 am

Twitch, PLEASE tell me you're kidding! If not, then I reckon some astronomers need a new hobby . . . .

Don't get me wrong, I like Xena (or did when I was knee-high), but come-on!!!

Do you know what the biggest oxymoron is? (For those who don't know, oxymoron basically = two words that should NEVER be put together...)

Microsoft Works.

Did you know that the Amazonian Indians use Pirannas as scissors?? Hope their hands don't slip while cutting hair . . . . :twisted: :D

It has begun...

Twitch
Commander
Commander

Post by Twitch » Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:54 pm

Swear it's true. Did you know they are now saying Pluto is not a planet anymore since there are so many moons that are larger?

Phoenix
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Phoenix » Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:54 am

Oh. And I suppose Phobos & Deimos are asteroids caught in Mar's gravity well? Dumbass astronomers . . . . (grumble, grumble, grumble . . . .)

Let's dredge up some info, shall we . . . .

Did you know that the scene from Star Wars 3, at the end when they're on Senator Organa's Frigate trying to decide what to do with Luke & Leia, is the same set used for the opening scene of the origional movie, all those years ago?

Did you know that SW3 was the first time in the whole Saga where the "Good Guy" (Obi-wan) and the "Bad Guy" (Anakin) fought with the same colour lightsaber?

Did you know that the U-boat used in the old submarine movie 'The Boat',
was the exact same sub used in Raiders of the Lost Ark, the first Indiana Jones? Spielberg knew the other director and since the sub was bought, not rented, Spielberg asked to borrow it for his movie . . . .

See ya's!

It has begun...

EAS_Intrepid
Ensign
Ensign

Post by EAS_Intrepid » Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:19 am

Did you know, that the United Nations have a conevntion concerning laser weapon systems?

Did you know, that the Soviet Union wanted to refit a Saljut spaceship with a high energy laser and that it was meant to fight US space stations?

Did you know, that the largets submarine class ever built is the Soviet/Russian TYPHOON class guided missile submarine?
Fighting member of the Four Star Alliance!
It has begun...

Phoenix
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Phoenix » Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:28 am

Did you know that the biggest impactcrater on earth is reportedly the one near the Yucatan peninsula. It has been dated to around the time that dinosaurs dissapeared, so . . . . :twisted:

Did you know that there is thought to be at least one super-size black hole at the center of every galaxy?

Did you know that the Milky way and Andromeda galaxies are actually moving closer together? We won't be around to see it, but in a few . . . billion years I think, the two will collide, either detroying both galaxies or creating on huge one!

It has begun...

Twitch
Commander
Commander

Post by Twitch » Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:09 pm

Did you know that U-boat 977 surrendered in South America well after Germany captulated and they were accused of helping Hitler escape?

blindeye01
Captain
Captain

Post by blindeye01 » Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:08 pm

Phoenix wrote:Oh. And I suppose Phobos & Deimos are asteroids caught in Mar's gravity well? Dumbass astronomers . . . . (grumble, grumble, grumble . . . .)
They are, but since they are the definition of a moon, a reasonably large body orbiting a planet, they are also moons.
Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to

Hellkite
Captain
Captain
Location: In a Valkrye-starfighter bringing hell to the enemies of the USS Midway because hell just wont wait

Post by Hellkite » Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:26 pm

Phobos Diameter : 27 km x 23 km x 20 km

Phobos

Phoenix
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Phoenix » Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:25 am

Thanks, Blindeye. Didn't know that . . . .

Hellkite! Whaz-Up! :lol: Cool pic of Phobos. Do you always get the vitatl statistics of heavenly bodies . . . ? 8)

Did you know that, in the instan that you sneeze, you are technically dead? When sneezing, everything in your body shuts down for just a split-second, but, for that small amount of time, you are clinically dead? Scary thought . . . . .

It has begun...

Twitch
Commander
Commander

Post by Twitch » Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:30 am

Did you know that after conviction to a "country club" type facility the Japanese war criminals were actually let on on furlough then finally just quit coming back?

Harrie
Commander
Commander

Post by Harrie » Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:26 am

Did you know that two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do?
The Roman Empire did not create prosperity and come to be feared by having meetings and doing paperwork; they did this by killing all who opposed them.

Phoenix
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Phoenix » Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:15 am

Did you know that we on the Earth only ever see one side of the moon? Its rotational cycle is such that as it turns in its orbit, the same side of the moon is always . . . . mooning us. :wink:

It has begun...

Neil
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Neil » Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:29 am

Did you know that the boiling point of mercury (the metal not the planet) is 356.73 °C, or 674.11 °F?
"Don't try to be a great man, just be a man. Let history make it's own judgements." - Zefram Cochrane