Did you know...

This room is for pic or comments that might offend other & younger viewers. Making fun of companys or people is allowed as long as it not a member of this community. ENTER ROOM AT OWN RISK!!!! You have been warned.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Phoenix
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Phoenix » Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:39 am

^I've got to ask: Are you an engineer? 8)

Did you know that when you sneeze, air is expelled from your body at over 300km/h. That's faster than a hurricane, and most tornadoes!!
From the flames of the Ages, The Firebird once more awakens...

Fighting member of the Four Star Alliance.
It has begun...

blindeye01
Captain
Captain

Post by blindeye01 » Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:54 pm

Did you know that the submarine which helped save the crew of the Sunken submarine USS Squalus by detecting its emergency beacon was sunk by the Japanese in World War II.

The crew of that sub were then put aboard a Japanese carrier, which was in turn sunk by the refurbished USS Squalus, renamed the Sailfish?
Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to

Harrie
Commander
Commander

Post by Harrie » Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:35 pm

Phoenix wrote:Hellkite! Whaz-Up! :lol: Cool pic of Phobos. Do you always get the vitatl statistics of heavenly bodies . . . ? 8)
I just noticed this and had to comment. Phoenix, do you realizes how many different ways 'heavenly bodies' can be taken? :D

Did you know that toilet paper was invented in 1857?
The Roman Empire did not create prosperity and come to be feared by having meetings and doing paperwork; they did this by killing all who opposed them.

Phoenix
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Phoenix » Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:31 am

Harrie, did you know that I fully intended the pun . . . :twisted: :lol:
You should hear the rest of them . . . Dad was Navy and Mom's not much better!

Did you know that two people were working on a prototype telephone at the same time. The only reason that one type of phone is recorded, is because it was patented a few months before the other! :( :D

It has begun...

Harrie
Commander
Commander

Post by Harrie » Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:03 am

Oh, i got the pun alright. I just found your choice of words more attractive than amusing.

I learned this a few days ago

Did you know that 10 years ago a submarine by the name of USS Stonewall Jackson (SSBN-634) was decommissioned.

Memebers of the old RPG might remember the CSS Stonewall was a Heavy Torpedo Cruiser.
The Roman Empire did not create prosperity and come to be feared by having meetings and doing paperwork; they did this by killing all who opposed them.

Hellkite
Captain
Captain
Location: In a Valkrye-starfighter bringing hell to the enemies of the USS Midway because hell just wont wait

Post by Hellkite » Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:08 am

The Battle of Agincourt took place on 25 October 1415

Harrie
Commander
Commander

Post by Harrie » Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:10 am

It has been 939 years since the island of Britian has been invaded successfully.

Phoenix
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Phoenix » Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:15 am

Did you know that it is now thought by some archeologists that Vikings discovered North America?

It has begun...

Harrie
Commander
Commander

Post by Harrie » Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:22 am

I get the feeling this page may end up causing something similar to the 'this or that' wars we had this summer. I think Hellkite remembers that. It was kinda fun. :lol:

Did you know that Joshua L. Chamberlain attained the rank of Major General of the Maine National Guard, severed as Governor of Maine for 4 years (4 terms) straight, and died in 1914.

Hellkite
Captain
Captain
Location: In a Valkrye-starfighter bringing hell to the enemies of the USS Midway because hell just wont wait

Post by Hellkite » Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:30 am

Titus Flavius Vespasianus

(b. A.D. 9, d. A.D. 79, emperor A.D. 69-79) restored peace and stability to an empire in disarray following the death of Nero in A.D. 68. In the process he established the Flavian dynasty as the legitimate successor to the Imperial throne. Although we lack many details about the events and chronology of his reign, Vespasian provided practical leadership and a return to stable government - accomplishments which, when combined with his other achievements, make his emperorship particularly notable within the history of the Principate.

that was quite a rally Harrie we had the post flew like the wind then :wink:

Phoenix
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Phoenix » Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:38 am

Did you know that the yo-yo was invented by the Romans? I imagine it caused quite a swing in Roman politics . . . :lol:

It has begun...

Hellkite
Captain
Captain

Post by Hellkite » Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:51 am

Sorry Phoenix

It is believed that the yo-yo most likely originated in China. The first historical mention of the yo-yo, however, was from Greece in the year 500 B.C. These ancient toys were made out of wood, metal, or painted terra cotta disks and called just that, a disc. It was customary, when a child turned of age, to offer toys of their youth to certain gods. Due to the fragile nature of the material, it is presumed that the disks made of terra cotta (clay) were used for this purpose rather than for actual play. A vase painting from this time period shows a Greek youth playing with a yo-yo. Such vases, as well as an actual terra cotta disk can be found in the National Museum of Athens, Greece.

Phoenix
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Phoenix » Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:29 am

Ah. Ok. I must update my database on Earth cultures before the takeov... oops. Said too much . . . . YOU MUST ALL DIE HORRIBLY!!!!

(Sorry, too much Invader Zim . . . . :lol: )

Did you know that Hellkite is absolutely right. Damn. I will defeat you someday!!!! :twisted: :wink:

It has begun...

Twitch
Commander
Commander

Post by Twitch » Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:57 pm

Did you know that laughter actually lowers blood pressure?
The Borg will rock your world!

Phoenix
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Phoenix » Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:00 am

Did you know that Ice Ages are caused when the earth's orbit 'wobbles' every few millenia. Instead of a normal orbit around the sun, the Earth's orbit becomes elliptical, causing snow & ice to pile up more in winter and not melt as much in summer. And, technically, we're in the next Ice Age..?

It has begun...