If you could...

This room is for pic or comments that might offend other & younger viewers. Making fun of companys or people is allowed as long as it not a member of this community. ENTER ROOM AT OWN RISK!!!! You have been warned.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

JPKTrekker
Captain
Captain

If you could...

Post by JPKTrekker » Wed May 25, 2005 11:42 pm

If you could...

1. change something from the past, what would you change?

2. alter something in the present, what would you change?

3. make sure something was in the future, what would you change?

4. change something about your self, what would you change?

5. change something about man-kind, what would you change?

6. change one thing about the human body, what would you change?

7. give humans supernatural abilities, what would they be?

8. eliminate one race or species (don't be racist) what would you get rid of?

9. change something about the planet, what would you change?

10. take credit for one thing, what would you take credit for?

Why or why not?

P.S.: You can only answer one if you want to. It is not mandatory to answer all of them.
Last edited by JPKTrekker on Thu May 26, 2005 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Until Hell calls my name!"

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Wed May 25, 2005 11:59 pm

In High School, I wish I would have had the dang courage to ask this girl out that I really loved. Now that I think about it, I think she was waiting for me to, but I never did. As they say, "if I knew then what I know now."

In the present, I would want to have had a job right when I got out of college so I'd be somewhere more right now. I more or less wish that I would have gotten a job that was in my college major. :? Oh well...

In the future, I hope there is warp drive, no terrorism, lots of good drivers, transporters, photon torpedoes, phasers, mining beams, my own starship (bristling with weapons), smaller taxes (let's face it, no taxes just ain't gonna happen lol), the technology to terraform a planet so that when this planet gets too crowded, we send some people to the other planet, flying cars (like in the 1960's they said we'd have that in the year 2000 - where the hell are they - I don't see them - unless they're invisible too LOL), more Star Trek series/movies/games/Armada3/books/etc, hard drives that don't crash, electronics equipment that is immune to water, shields, matter/antimatter power, Isolinear chips (which are being worked on believe it or not - don't know how long that will take), an Armada game that allows new class labels to be created in a *.cdf, or class label definition file, and also that allows multiple class labels in the game, Armada 2 sourcecode released, skin shields in my mod, etc...

If I were to change something about myself, it would be not to have headaches anymore (it's the only illness I've had), not to have depression sometimes, not to have anxiety, not to be paranoid sometimes, get rid of my temper, be less lazy so that I could have the motivation to search for a better job and also keep my room organized LOL, have girlfriends that last for more than a month (which is already happening now - for two months - but when we get past year one, that's when I'll feel better LOL), to not be such a compulsive spender, etc.

Mankind - hmmmm...that's tough. It seems like anything politicians does doesn't work. What would I change? Hmmmm........I think I'd start with priority one - getting rid of the terrorists, making sure that there's a hell and the terrorists are going there, getting rid of corruption in the government (of which would produce other side affects), release some chemical in the atmosphere that makes most everyone not have the potential for killing, get the Space Shuttle program up and running again - if we get all the other nation's financial problems alleviated, perhaps go to Mars one day, see that warp drive is invented, no more hunger in the world, no more family problems because of stupid things, and a bunch of other stuff. :P
Dead

Harrie
Commander
Commander

Post by Harrie » Thu May 26, 2005 12:03 am

Elrond wrote:In High School, I wish I would have had the dang courage to ask this girl out that I really loved. Now that I think about it, I think she was waiting for me to, but I never did. As they say, "if I knew then what I know now."
Hindsight is always 20/20
The Roman Empire did not create prosperity and come to be feared by having meetings and doing paperwork; they did this by killing all who opposed them.

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Thu May 26, 2005 12:07 am

Harrie wrote:
Elrond wrote:In High School, I wish I would have had the dang courage to ask this girl out that I really loved. Now that I think about it, I think she was waiting for me to, but I never did. As they say, "if I knew then what I know now."
Hindsight is always 20/20
Very true.
Dead

JPKTrekker
Captain
Captain

Post by JPKTrekker » Thu May 26, 2005 12:11 am

1. If I could change something from the past, I would get rid of opressive religons.
5. If I could change something about man-kind, I would get rid of ignorance
8. If I could eliminate one race or species (and not be racist) what would you get rid of, I would eliminate the cockroach. (I hate those little buggers (sometimes they ain't so little)).

Harrie
Commander
Commander

Post by Harrie » Thu May 26, 2005 12:17 am

1. Slavery never should have happened
2. The United States and the world in general would be less materialistic
4. I would be less serious all the time and be easier of get along with in real life.
5. Money wouldn't be a driving factor of life.
The Roman Empire did not create prosperity and come to be feared by having meetings and doing paperwork; they did this by killing all who opposed them.

jolt
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jolt » Thu May 26, 2005 5:43 am

1. I'd have the Holocaust stopped/Hitler not getting into power

2. Things that I'm not at liberty to disclose ;)

3. If, and to quote from Futurama, "TV has better reception than real life", tube technology, "parallel" parking Futurama style, oh yeah!

4. My arrogance, then again, it has helped in some situations, I'd still probably be happier without it.

5. The thought of persecution.

6. Not so much as change, but, I wish we could understand the brain, well, the other 90% of it.

7. I'd kill for some psychic/mind reading powers!

8. Spiders...not for my sake, but for others...

9. I'd eliminate the hole in the ozone layer/repair it and find a material that allowed for clean easy fuel usage.

10. My damn good looks ofcourse ;)...I'm joking by the way. i would take credit for being able to break up fued's between people, apparently I'm good at that, oh, and having a claming nature around others...

Aquanori
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Aquanori » Thu May 26, 2005 7:18 pm

I'd leave everything as it is. Everything happens for a reason. If humanity hadn't made mistakes, humanity couldn't learn from it.

And if the timeline is corupted or changed there is no way how things would turn out. For example if Hitler was stopped and didn't get into power in the first place, there is no way to tell what would have happened. Maybe everything would have turned out alright, but maybe Stalin would have had all the time in the world to get a huge army built up and would have taken over the world.

Lots of woulds and coulds here :D, but there isn't any certainty.

That's why everything relating to the past should be left as it is.

JPKTrekker
Captain
Captain

Post by JPKTrekker » Thu May 26, 2005 8:41 pm

Aquanori wrote:I'd leave everything as it is. Everything happens for a reason. If humanity hadn't made mistakes, humanity couldn't learn from it.

And if the timeline is corupted or changed there is no way how things would turn out. For example if Hitler was stopped and didn't get into power in the first place, there is no way to tell what would have happened. Maybe everything would have turned out alright, but maybe Stalin would have had all the time in the world to get a huge army built up and would have taken over the world.

You are the first person, on any of the forums where I have a similar thread, to figure that out. Congratulations.

Harrie
Commander
Commander

Post by Harrie » Thu May 26, 2005 9:43 pm

true nothing should change. but you got to admit that most of the country (the USA) is made up of greedy assholes. but then too i think that we are all greedy in our own way. It all ways kills me when i read a story or see something on TV and they go on and on about how kind and giving some one is. And i just want to slap them silly for not seeing the greed in every one. though too not all greed is bad. If you strip someone of everything material and they start complaining about how stipping them of their possesions is the same as stripping them of their humanity it means they don't understand one bit of the lives some people live. What about the people who were born into a family at all they have to be proud of is being alive and being human?

Aquanori
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Aquanori » Thu May 26, 2005 11:53 pm

JPKTrekker wrote:
Aquanori wrote:I'd leave everything as it is. Everything happens for a reason. If humanity hadn't made mistakes, humanity couldn't learn from it.

You are the first person, on any of the forums where I have a similar thread, to figure that out. Congratulations.
I think about stuff like that sometimes when i try to sleep (i don't know how other people do it, but i can't shut my brain off) and after considering some things about it, i came to this conclusion :lol:

JPKTrekker
Captain
Captain

Post by JPKTrekker » Fri May 27, 2005 12:58 am

Technically, the brain never shuts off during sleep. It just goes into a "power save" mode. If your brain ever shut off, you would be considered legally brain dead.

Harrie
Commander
Commander

Post by Harrie » Fri May 27, 2005 1:11 am

Its called REM sleep when a person dreams.

JPKTrekker
Captain
Captain

Post by JPKTrekker » Fri May 27, 2005 1:14 am

Harrie wrote:Its called REM sleep when a person dreams.
Remember that T.N.G. episode where the aliens tried to contact the crew of the Enterprise-D and caused a disruption of the crew's R.E.M. cycles?

7. If I could give (a) human(s) supernatural abilities, then I would give myself the ability to shapeshift into anything I desired.
Last edited by JPKTrekker on Fri May 27, 2005 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harrie
Commander
Commander

Post by Harrie » Fri May 27, 2005 1:16 am

Ya, I think that episode was on Spike TV just the other day.