Michael Jackson

This room is for pic or comments that might offend other & younger viewers. Making fun of companys or people is allowed as long as it not a member of this community. ENTER ROOM AT OWN RISK!!!! You have been warned.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

How do you vote?

Guilty
68%
Not Guilty
32%

Total votes: 22

JPKTrekker
Captain
Captain

Michael Jackson

Post by JPKTrekker » Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:31 pm

What is your opinion? I say Guilty. How do the rest of you vote?
"Until Hell calls my name!"

Draconia
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Draconia » Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:40 pm

I also think he is guilty of the crimes he was charged with.
I am the Dragon Queen of the Azure Skies. My graceful flight inspires awe in all who see it.

Harrie
Commander
Commander

Post by Harrie » Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:55 pm

Not to be racist or anything but.......... LYNCH HIM
The Roman Empire did not create prosperity and come to be feared by having meetings and doing paperwork; they did this by killing all who opposed them.

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:03 pm

Guilty. Absolutely. Yet, somehow he gets off of ALL of the charges. Hell, I expected at least 2 or 3 or 4 charges he'd be guilty of.

One of the things that I think affected that decision may have been that if he was found guilty, the court system feared that a riot would occur.

Well, that's California law for ya. OJ got off, only having to pay civil charges (8 million dollars and his Heisman Trophy).

You know what's so so so ironic about all this? That 10 years ago yesterday OJ was left off as well. That is too much of a coincidence to deny. It's unbelievable - in both cases, there was always a person who drove up the sympathy for the suspect. In OJ's case, someone said the 'n' word too many times and the case was corrupted. In MJ's case, some lady kept trying to lie about Michael Jackson doing something which in that case he didn't, and he gets off for ALL the cases and charges. Always someone there who drives up sympathy for the suspect. Our court system must change in a hurry.

For one thing, Professional Jurers - people who are taught how to be a jurer. Instead of having regular people come in - most of which in some cases are biased - professional jurers (who would be selected for each case on a case-by-case basis and tested for not being biased) would have an objective view of the job.

Harrie wrote:Not to be racist or anything but.......... LYNCH HIM
Agreed here!
Dead

JPKTrekker
Captain
Captain

Post by JPKTrekker » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:05 pm

I think he got off just because he payed some official of the court (maybe he somehow bribed the entire jury).

dubester
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by dubester » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:06 pm

Guilty, i mean there was so many incidents which he should be convicter for.

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:30 pm

In California, celebrities always get off. Actually, in the USA total, celebrities get off easily. I no doubt see it as a bribe. There was too much going on for him to be found not-guilty without some bribe(s) taking place.
Dead

Harrie
Commander
Commander

Post by Harrie » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:50 pm

They should have come here if they wanted to find him guilty.
The Roman Empire did not create prosperity and come to be feared by having meetings and doing paperwork; they did this by killing all who opposed them.

JPKTrekker
Captain
Captain

Post by JPKTrekker » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:03 pm

Harrie wrote:They should have come here if they wanted to find him guilty.
That is a big if, Harrie.

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:27 pm

The word "conspiracy" is written all over not just MJ's case, but the entire Judicial system. Heck, this nation is being run how the Federation is in our RPG (with corruption and conspiracy all over the place). But that's been known for years. I approve of how the Executive branch runs (some) things, and the Senate hasn't been all that bad lately either, but the Judicial branch has almost no system of checks and balances anymore - or that they just don't use that system anymore. lol :roll:
Dead

Harrie
Commander
Commander

Post by Harrie » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:52 pm

I like ifs, they keep you thinking.

and your right elrond, this country is on the verge of falling apart at the seams.

our problem is that while living in the present is all fine and dandy, too few of us have stopped to take a real look at the future. Personally i would like the Fouth World War to use phaser banks and photon torpedoes rather than rocks and slingshots.

blindeye01
Captain
Captain

Post by blindeye01 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:53 pm

I personally feel the senate trying to curb the "activist judges" is a complete mistake, and it is the popularly elected bodies that require more checks. The majority is taking advantage of the minority by taking out all of their tools to stop partisan policy. The judiciary is supposed to be lifetime appointed so that there is no base to please, or any election to win. They are unaccountable to create a unique piece of the United States puzzle. They have no power to enforce policy, as the presidency of Andrew Jackson, who ignored a court ruling to get his way shows. The only thing the judiciary has is its untouchable properties, and was designed to check the extremism of the executive and legislative branches.
Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:27 pm

But then who judges the judges? :wink:
Dead

CmdrJack
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by CmdrJack » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:39 pm

mad12.gif mad12.gif mad12.gif weapon5.gif

Elrond