Their Killing Star Trek!

This room is for pic or comments that might offend other & younger viewers. Making fun of companys or people is allowed as long as it not a member of this community. ENTER ROOM AT OWN RISK!!!! You have been warned.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Neil
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Neil » Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:55 am

Amen to that, I always thought a new series of the Next Gen crew wouldn't hurt. Obviously things would be a bit different as some have been destroyed (Data) and others promoted (Riker) but one more promotion (Picard) would be enough to plausibly bring Riker back. After all the one Captain's chair he always wanted was that of the Enterprise.
"Don't try to be a great man, just be a man. Let history make it's own judgements." - Zefram Cochrane

EAS_Intrepid
Ensign
Ensign

Post by EAS_Intrepid » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:32 am

I agree: Give Riker his Command Chair aboard Enterprise.
He was XO and Commander for seven years now.
And Janeway became earlier an Admiral then Picard did. That's not good, but maybe the whole Briar Patch things prevented his promotion.
Fighting member of the Four Star Alliance!
It has begun...

Hellkite
Captain
Captain
Location: In a Valkrye-starfighter bringing hell to the enemies of the USS Midway because hell just wont wait

Post by Hellkite » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:06 am

not realy Picard was offered the rank of Admiral and he turned it down that and command of the academy

I think he is doing what Riker did forever it seems " turn down promotions "

EAS_Intrepid
Ensign
Ensign

Post by EAS_Intrepid » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:17 am

Academy? That's more worse than Kirk's job as Admiral.
Maybe Picard could have chatted with the Gardner.

However: Is Trek dying? No, we all are still here, aren't we?
It has begun...

Hellkite
Captain
Captain
Location: In a Valkrye-starfighter bringing hell to the enemies of the USS Midway because hell just wont wait

Post by Hellkite » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:25 am

LOL the Academy was Kirk's job remember that he and most of the Enterprise crew were training cadets in the simulator

===back on topic ===

Its not dead is just resting and waiting to see How the dust falls :wink:

icewolf132
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by icewolf132 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:59 pm

as long as there are fans, Star Trek will never die ;) to me the series just needs a bit of a break for new, fresh minds to prepair.
Star Trekkin' across the universe, because I STILL can't find reverse!

Usage Permission; All are free to use and edit my work in any way they see fit, so long as credit is given where it is due.

Majestic
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Majestic » Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:52 pm

icewolf132 wrote:as long as there are fans, Star Trek will never die ;) to me the series just needs a bit of a break for new, fresh minds to prepair.
I agree with Wolfie. It needs a break from television and cinema. Let people forget about the mistakes that Brannnon and Braga made. When people look back at a series they usually think of the last season or two, and that was when Enterprise was at it's best.

Star Trek lives as long as one fan remembers it. It won't be long and it will be back again either on the small screen or the big screen. The people involved just need to think of some new ideas. Perhaps they should ask the fans, as I have a pretty good idea that I am using for my RPG on my site.

I bet there are alot of fans out there will excellent ideas, that could become excellent series.

But I am very disappointed with them closeing down startrek.com :evil:

CaptSyf
Commander
Commander

Post by CaptSyf » Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:00 pm

I'll tell you all this.

Star Trek may be gone from the screens officailly, But there is always the Fan-Films out there. They may not be the same grade as any of the official series or films are, but they are good for what they are. I personally will do what I can to back those that make the fan films. I would like to encourage all of you to do the same.
The end of one Era is near... Star Trek Armada II - All Good Things...

kips
Ensign
Ensign

Post by kips » Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:26 am

We'll all miss the days of STAR TREK if they go so our job now should be to remember and keep alive TREK so it doesn't wind up like the comedy film GALAXY QUEST a joke, with sad boring fans.
I don't want to wind up on some tribute show in 10 years saying that I remember those early grafix of STAR TREK and being laughed at by some IDIOT who doesn't understand SCI FI instead I want to be one of those cool people who remembers every episode and can laugh at the geeky kid who thinks that some fancy effects beat STAR TREK.
So everybody and any powers that be that read this "Please keep TREK alive or I'll be lost and I'll have to watch my other halfs period drama's instead of good SCI FI, SAVE ME!".
life is life and death well thats a pain in the neck.

Fighting member of the Four Star Alliance.
It has begun...

Neil
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Neil » Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:54 am

Captain_H wrote:
Techincally they have also promoted Crusher to head of Star Fleet Medical.

As can be seen in a deleted scene from Nemisis.
In a new Star Trek novel Crusher requested transfer back to the Enterprise and her and Picard got together.
"Don't try to be a great man, just be a man. Let history make it's own judgements." - Zefram Cochrane

KevinJ
Ensign
Ensign
Location: AMERICA!! State: Insane !!!!!!!!! Age: As long as ive been alive

Post by KevinJ » Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:27 am

Star trek cannot die noooooooooo its not fair Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y they shuld at least have a fairwell movie kinda thing not like nemisis leaveing us hanging arrrg what about b4 and rikers command books r fine but tv is better and they shuld make tons of games :)
But they cant end it i want more trek

BTW the song mentioned on the first post is called taps

kips
Ensign
Ensign

Post by kips » Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:49 am

What would be a happy ending is if Data came back through B4, I mean Data transfered his memories, his life to B4 so he could develop but what if those files overwrote B4 and Data came back as the dominant personality.
That would be a stroy to make a film on wouldn't it: -

Set the scene the Enterprise is in danger and the crew try desperately to save themselves, but the only thing that can save them is a crew member who can go into a situation no organic crew member could survive (that being data)
life is life and death well thats a pain in the neck.

Fighting member of the Four Star Alliance.
It has begun...

Neil
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Neil » Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:11 am

To be honest I think Data's programming that he downloaded into B4 would overwrite the existing programming and pathway circuitry. After all B4 is a very basic prototype and any advanced stuff such as found in Data would simply overwrite the prototype material as in B4. It's Basic Programming :)

EAS_Intrepid
Ensign
Ensign

Post by EAS_Intrepid » Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:26 pm

Hell, people. Star Trek needs a little time to rest!

We just had a major (hm, I got into writing "major" with a capital "M") film and this film is not that long ago.

The prob now is, that the ST:Producers stuff throw all the fanfictions and all the fan's suggestion about the time just after Nemeis away (like they did with a Pre-TOS series, called: guessed it? ENTERPRISE)
But Trek does not die from one day to another:

=STAR TREK=
TICONDEROGA

and MANY MANY more fanfictions on the net...
Just because Babylon 5 is not in production any more, do you think it is dead? NO!
It has begun...

odyssey
Ensign
Ensign

Post by odyssey » Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:50 pm

Forget about resurrecting Data in B4... it would serve only to cheapen the purpose of Data's death... just like Spock's resurrection... what would be the point for it? Data's death would be rendered meaningless.

The 40th anniv of Trek is coming up in a few months, what do the powers-that-are have to celebrate and show for it? Nothing. Pretty much can be said about the current state of Trek. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a new Trek series in 2 years... it's going be a lot longer than that I'm afraid.

If it does come back, it has to be under new management meaning no more Berman and Braga... PERIOD! :evil: