Beating Around The Bush

This room is for pic or comments that might offend other & younger viewers. Making fun of companys or people is allowed as long as it not a member of this community. ENTER ROOM AT OWN RISK!!!! You have been warned.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

george is a....

Evil Genius
11%
Moronic puppet of oil companies
22%
good president
22%
dont mind him he's from texas
11%
large doughnut........hmmmmm......doughnut
33%

Total votes: 9

bigdaveking
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Beating Around The Bush

Post by bigdaveking » Thu May 04, 2006 7:10 pm

Lets see what all you trek lovers think of our fearless leader :P

KevinJ
Ensign
Ensign
Location: AMERICA!! State: Insane !!!!!!!!! Age: As long as ive been alive

Post by KevinJ » Thu May 04, 2006 7:30 pm

what do you think of him ?
Space The Finale Frontier...It will take you a million light years from home...in a Galaxy far far away...in search of a home called earth.
(Sci Fi Armada)

bigdaveking
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by bigdaveking » Thu May 04, 2006 10:23 pm

My Father is a vietnam veteran, my brother is currently serving iraq

needless to say im used to having family members fight a war in a country we have no business being in

plus the fact that it took $50 dollars of my hard earned money to fill my gas tank this past week

so what do you think i think of the oil tycoon? :)

Queen_Amy
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Queen_Amy » Thu May 04, 2006 11:18 pm

I votedd but willl not be sayying which one I picked..
Queen of Elrond

Majestic
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Majestic » Fri May 05, 2006 4:47 am

I am assuming this is for Americans. Being an Australian I won't be voting.

bigdaveking
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by bigdaveking » Fri May 05, 2006 2:20 pm

so sorry to leave you out on this majestic.......we dont hear much about your government so im guessing no news is good news lol

do you even have half the economic or political problems we do? if not any room for me and my family to move down under?

KevinJ
Ensign
Ensign

Post by KevinJ » Fri May 05, 2006 2:28 pm

we have pletny of business being in iraq and the reason you gass cost so much cuz we are running out if we obtain iraqi oil the the cost will go down veitnam was a disaster but we had to be there even tho they didnt want us there you say your dad is a vietnam vet how old is he dose he ever talk about it ? ive never had a chance to talk to a vet
Space The Finale Frontier...It will take you a million light years from home...in a Galaxy far far away...in search of a home called earth.
(Sci Fi Armada)

Queen_Amy
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Queen_Amy » Fri May 05, 2006 7:50 pm

There's no easy answer to what's going on. Everyonne's doing something right andd something wrong. There are a lot of ppeople Bush listens to who givve him advice. Too much advice coming from many different sources = boom! I am not certain if it is Secretary of Defense Rumsfield who is responsible for the debaucle in Iraq or if it is the leadership over in Iraq, or just inadequate communications and idiotic orders from Washington.

But my opinion of the current situattion is thhat yes, we should worrry more about the United States' internal affairs as if we ddon't, we end up brringing others down around us. If this war on Iraq is doinng anything to help defend ourselves and ourr allies from more attackss, then to some degree, it is the onlly way. We can't just pick up and leavve Iraq yet. But we can't quite find a wway to do what we need to do over thhere.

The onlly thing I knnow is to not listen to a THING the ggovernment tells you, beccause it's all a bloody lie! World War II was a good example of a timme where there were mmore lies than ever in our governmennt (such as Area 51, the truth aboutt the U.S.'s involvvement in it, nuclear weapons testing, etc, the list ggoes on and on). The worst thing is whhen the government lies to itself. So in a way, Bush is not altogether responsible for alll of this. Bad intel and ATROCIOUS communications between ggovernment and military along with so many other variablles make the failures in the war somethingg that Bush is not entirely responsible forr.

I'm thinking hhe's doing the best he cann. Do any of us have solid proof of thhis? The solid and honest truth is that, no, we do not. If any of us are govvernment officials here, then it's likely thatt they don't know what's going on any more thhan we do. The only way tto tell is to interview solldiers in Iraq, from the lowest private to the highhest general, and see what truth comes from them person-to-personn. The truth changes as you climmb up the ladder of command.

My conclusion aboutt Bush: I have none. I can'tt really telll one way or another if hhe really is doing what he thinkks is right, nor can I tell if he is a moron. He leaves much to be desired in hiss speakingg, but besides thatt, who really knows anything solid at this time?

P.S.: This is my firstt political post, pleasse don't cut my head of for itt. :oops:
Queen of Elrond

Majestic
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Majestic » Fri May 05, 2006 7:52 pm

bigdaveking wrote:so sorry to leave you out on this majestic.......we dont hear much about your government so im guessing no news is good news lol

do you even have half the economic or political problems we do? if not any room for me and my family to move down under?
No worries. Australia is often forgotten by many from the big countries, we get used to it and kind of like it as we don't get harashed as much, we are the quiet ones that work behind the lines while all the attention is on the bigger guys. :lol: :wink:

Except for the new industrial relation laws that Howard is bringing in its a really great place to work. We all work hard for the money we earn, according to a survey on the net I heard about, some of the hardest (not all and not the most) workers are in Australia.

I may be a little bias due to growing up here but this country is only one of two countries I would want to live with the other being England.

So yeah there is plently or room on the East coast (85% of Australia) and heaps on the West coast. :wink:

Queen_Amy
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Queen_Amy » Fri May 05, 2006 8:37 pm

America is like the oldd sorority sister who used to be cool but issn't anymore. :lol: Anyone up for livving in Western PA? If you are, I would have to say that your tree doessn't go the whole way tto the top branch. LOL
Queen of Elrond

KevinJ
Ensign
Ensign

Post by KevinJ » Sat May 06, 2006 12:31 am

my dad is from west philly the big problem in iraq is the fuckers killing our troops if they wuld just swallow there little bit of pride and let it happen cause it is they wuldent have to die nor wuld we they just dont liek outsider help if we just left there wuld be a big civil war between the 3 groups and then another war lord wuld take his place as leader in iraq just like sadam the goverment isnt the one lieing its the press yes there was lies back in the day but nukes wernt involved in the lies we wanted evry one to no we had nukes so they wuldent mess with us witch brought on the cold war the big stand off evry one else is very paranoid of us.

the press tells more lies half truths ect it is not as bad as they make the war out to be yes ppl are dieing but the troops arnt like begging to come home if people didnt want to fite in wars in other contrys they wuldent have joined dont blame the goverment blame the press blame the enemy the more a country hates its own goverment the more problems there will be
(Sci Fi Armada)

EAS_Intrepid
Ensign
Ensign

Post by EAS_Intrepid » Sat May 06, 2006 2:34 pm

So your troops do not kill Iraqis?

The one that started the war was the coalition of the willing lead by the USA and GB. (or more, the so called elected leaders of these nations)
Even John Kerry said "Yeah, let's bomb the **** out of the Iraqis and give the public something to worry about"!

The USA are not the shining beacon in the night. No nation is!

And these Arabs do not only have "a little bit of pride"
I know some and I can say, that these ones are the proudest persons I ever met! Defeat is a long-life shame for them.

Think from another perspective: When the USA are defeated on their own territory (and you are proud people, too), you would do guerilla warfare against the invader. No matter what this invader is like.
But I suppose that would be legal in your eyes, while the last resistances of the Iraqis against a power invading their country is illegal.
Don't get me wrong, it is wrong to kill US-Soldiers. But it is also wrong invading a country.
It is wrong using airplanes as WMDs against cities and civillians (BTW, Saddam did even throw Qaeda out of Iraq in 1999; and Mohammed Atta was of Saudi Arabian nationality!)
But it is also wrong using this as an apologize for such things like the "Project for a new American century"!

Yes, Saddam had to be removed, but that with internation co-operation including the UN! That whole WMD thing in Iraq was nuts- giant fake!
Like Bay of Tonkin thing!

Damn, in your country exists a culture of fear that cannot be controlled anymore.
WAKE UP.

THE ENEMY IS FEAR AND HATRED, not the Iraqis or that collapsing Qaeda network.
Fighting member of the Four Star Alliance!
It has begun...

KevinJ
Ensign
Ensign

Post by KevinJ » Sat May 06, 2006 4:40 pm

we didnt invade iraq we are not defeating them we went in to remove sadam and his weapons and help set up a democracy

i dont know where the hell your from but the us is not afraid we are the greatest super power in the world evry contry needs our help

french,british,russiasouth,korea,japan,south vietnam and other european nations if it wasent for the us all of europe wuld be speaking german or be communist most countrys wuldent be able to defend them selves if it wasent for the us
(Sci Fi Armada)

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Sat May 06, 2006 5:07 pm

Ok. This has gotten a bit out of hand. Thread locked. Next time there's a political discussion, God hope there isn't one with the F-bomb and H-bombs being dropped, the results will speak for themselves. As I always say everytime I do something, administrative decisions are final and it's nothing personal. Good day.

Thread locked.
Dead