6/6/06

This room is for pic or comments that might offend other & younger viewers. Making fun of companys or people is allowed as long as it not a member of this community. ENTER ROOM AT OWN RISK!!!! You have been warned.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Numbazix
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Numbazix » Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:14 pm

^All I can say is "hogwash". At least that's my opinion. Guns are great? People are great. Guns are a means of survival--only if needed. To be without a gun when it is needed isn't great. However, I won't own a gun for reasons that are quite personal and memories that I can never forget.
Zix
Master of all I survey--wheres my glasses?

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:07 am

Well, the day is here. 6/6/06. Gee, I wonder if the world will actually end or the Anti-Christ will be born? Um, no, just the same old day every other day is, except there's a demonistic number associated with it and that's a great time for "The Omen" to come out. Tens or hundreds of thousands of people die each day, and tens or hundreds of thousands will die today, and tomorrow, and some day 10,000 years from now it'll be like that too (not taking into account that the world population will probably exceed 100 billion LoL).

I say we're pretty safe for the most part, unless we're one of the people who's time comes today, then, as Yoda says, that is the way of the force LoL.

Of course, if the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse appeared outside my house, I'd be like, "Great special effects, ya wanna come in for a beer?" :lol:
Dead

EAS_Intrepid
Ensign
Ensign

Post by EAS_Intrepid » Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:34 am

Hm, I was wondering about something:
If the world ends on 06-06-2006, does it end in all timezones at the very same time, let say 1300 GMT? Or is it then 1400 CET in Paris and Berlin?
Or does it end 1300 GMT in London and 1300 GMT+1 (so 1400 CET) in Paris and Berlin?

Any thoughts? Elrond, you saw the apocalyptic horsemen already? What did they say in is it an honour being visited by them?
Fighting member of the Four Star Alliance!
It has begun...

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:12 am

That would be funny if I did see them, but nah, I didn't. Don't suppose I will see those apocalyptic horsemen. If I did, I'd be like, wow you guys, great special effects LoL (referring to the fact that there are no apocalyptic horsemen coming). :lol:
Dead

icewolf132
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by icewolf132 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:45 pm

knowing my luck the only time I would see any of them is when I acidently run one of them over >_>. its just a normal day so far, except for some people being overly paranoid in town 8O

odyssey
Ensign
Ensign

Post by odyssey » Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:37 pm

My reaction? a bunch of hooey from people who have too much time on their hands. In this age of enlightenment and reasoning, we should all know better. This day is no different than any other... people die... people are born... there are sufferings in the world... there are wars... a cycle that has been occurring since the dawn of man and not likely to change in the near future... sad as it may be. :(

KevinJ
Ensign
Ensign
Location: AMERICA!! State: Insane !!!!!!!!! Age: As long as ive been alive

Post by KevinJ » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:15 pm

really its the information age but it is not exacly 666 its 6 6 06 the real date 666 pased many years ago at the dawn of time and nothing happened then not that im aware of
Space The Finale Frontier...It will take you a million light years from home...in a Galaxy far far away...in search of a home called earth.
(Sci Fi Armada)

blindeye01
Captain
Captain

Post by blindeye01 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:59 pm

Well, nothing happened. Anyone disappointed?

I used an umbrella indoors today to prove it in school.

I also devised the seven seals of the apocalypse of sports broken:

Red Sox win WS

White Sox win WS

Detroit Tigers in 1st place

Washington Senators are back

A southern hockey team is favored over a Canadian team in the Stanley Cup

Rugby players got into a fight with handbags the other day, one went home crying

And the English soccer team is stocking up on cosmetics for its world cup run

I am sorry, but those would be the 7 seals to bring the apocalypse, yet nothing.

Oh, my 4 horsemen of the apocalypse?

Larry, Moe, Curly, and Shemp.

Their understudies could be Groucho, Chico, Harpo, and Zeppo Marx.
Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:28 am

LoL.

But really, eversince mankind could wipe their own arse (actually since before they started doing so), everything we couldn't explain we called "God" or some other equivalent or opposite (opposite in the case of worshippers of evil). Everything can be scientifically proven. I believe in God, but I don't call everything that I can't explain "God". I for one think that God is everything. That we are all part of the energy that culminates this universe - that energy being God (energy can't be destroyed or created, had no beginning or end, is simpler than matter and began the creation of matter upon the beginning of what we call 'time').

Any mystical presence to it? No. Is it possible to exhibit what people used to call magic? Yes, because it just isn't magic.

Another 6/6/06 has passed by for me, and guess what? As usual, as with 1/1/2000, nothing happened of any significance. It was a regular normal day like my birthday was the day before. Oh my, that might be the apocalypse itself then?!!! LoL. Yeah, for a lot of people, 6/6/06 was the apocalypse because people die everyday. Obviously if anyone I knew had died this day, I would have felt the urge to believe that the apocalypse had come, but just out of pure distress and sorrow.

Science (as always): 1
Apocalypse: 0
Dead

Twitch
Commander
Commander

Post by Twitch » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:22 pm

To the Davinci Code Omen and every other half-baked prediction of doom and gloom
The Borg will rock your world!

KevinJ
Ensign
Ensign
Location: AMERICA!! State: Insane !!!!!!!!! Age: As long as ive been alive

Post by KevinJ » Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:03 pm

Twitch wrote:To the Davinci Code Omen and every other half-baked prediction of doom and gloom
they wernt predictions the Davinci Code had nothing to do with the end of the world or the anti christ and the omenwas just a retelling of a story of the anti christ it had nothing to do with the end of the world
Space The Finale Frontier...It will take you a million light years from home...in a Galaxy far far away...in search of a home called earth.
(Sci Fi Armada)

Twitch
Commander
Commander

Post by Twitch » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:42 am

It's just a bunch of fictional hyperbole blown out of proportion by zealots not worth serious discussion. They're MOVIES for crapp sake!
The Borg will rock your world!

Numbazix
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Numbazix » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:27 pm

Most of them are Crappy Movies :roll: .
Zix
Master of all I survey--wheres my glasses?

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:35 pm

Americans tend to have a bad perception of reality and are VERY naive and give into just about everything movies deal with. It really is pretty lame, pretty lame indeed.

Me on the other hand, I tend not to believe anything I hear in movies, or even in real life, because in my experience most of what is said is not what happens. Like someone once told me that life isn't fair. What they didn't tell me is that it's fair for rich billionaire corrupt corporations, but it's not fair for people like us who actually work for the minimal things we have. Bloody corporations.

Like a friend of mine said, "Religion, Government, and Business should have a 40-yard fence and thousands of tower guards between them".
Dead

Majestic
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Majestic » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:06 am

It was a very bad day for me, one of my close family almost died on this day and I didn't find this out to 5 hours after it happened.

Been a really bad few days for me and my family starting on the 06/06/2006.