Gun right

This room is for pic or comments that might offend other & younger viewers. Making fun of companys or people is allowed as long as it not a member of this community. ENTER ROOM AT OWN RISK!!!! You have been warned.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

AFC
Site Founder
Site Founder

Gun right

Post by AFC » Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:54 pm

Do you think people who control there guns should put up with more stupid laws?

Someone breaks into your house, don't you deserve to be able to protect your self?

Well i stand before you with my
1) AK-47 Assult Rifle
2) Walter PPKS 380 Hand Gun
3) Springfield 1911 A1 (45 cal) Hand Gun
4) Ruger 10/22 Rifle

To see new gun laws check it out here: http://nraila.org/GunLaws/

If you did not do anything wrong why should i be punished by more gun law. To help fight anti-gun laws there links and information here http://nraila.org/GunLaws/

To Donate in the fight against anti-gun laws https://secure.nraila.org/Contribute.aspx

Write or call your local Elected Officials and tell them your view http://nraila.org/GunLaws/

rodglas
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by rodglas » Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:51 pm

I think more gun laws are not needed, If anything there should be stricter controls on ammo.

I don't see why anyone needs to own an AK47, its not a weapon of self defence it is a weapon of war. On the other hand a handgun is perfectly legit for that sort of thing. Unless one is either planning to commit a crime or take up arms against a government an AK is a bit overmuch (and I am not suggesting that you are such a person, just owning such a weapon for fun or sport is overkill.)

However ammo control would allow a person to own a weapon such as an AK47 for display without the potential for violence.

What if someone would break into your home and steal your weapons, and those weapons were used to commit crimes or hurt and even murder innocents?

I'd rather see more effective gun law rather then more law.

You Americans take your right to bare arms a little too seriously.

Rod.

AFC
Site Founder
Site Founder

Post by AFC » Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:04 pm

The ak-47 is for hunting, which i do hunt and eat what i kill when i hunt

draconis_sharp
Ensign
Ensign

Post by draconis_sharp » Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:21 pm

In all seriousness, an AK or any other assault rifle is over kill for hunting. Owning an assault weapon is only a hobby (goes for shooting too). In fact, I believe there are restrictions on hunting against fully automatic weapons or open bolt rifles (correct me if I'm wrong) although I think it varies from state to state (or country).

Don't get me wrong, I love guns, love to shoot guns, love to hold guns... Just love guns. In fact, just bought an SKS semi-auto yesterday and with a folding bayonet.

P.S. I forgot to mention it has a grenade launcher!

Numbazix
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Numbazix » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:36 am

' Happiness is a warm gun...' John Lennon

Murdered outside the Dakota 1980. :cry:

Unfortunately many mentals, who look just like ordinary folks, don't have records to check because they haven't snapped yet. Let's get real.
Zix
Master of all I survey--wheres my glasses?

EAS_Intrepid
Ensign
Ensign

Post by EAS_Intrepid » Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:52 am

Hm, I can see your point AFC, in defending yourself with a weapon (though I think a Soviet "Automat Kalashnikov 47" from 1947 is a little too much...

But see it like this: The one breaking into your house has a gun himself, maybe having a shotgun or he bought a Swiss SIG SG-552 Assault Rifle, one of the most powerful and efficient assault rifles, and tries to kill you, too. He can, because he was enabled through the law to have such a weapon.

As I am not an American, I am German, I do not have the position to judge over your law system, it is just what I see.

Now here the weapon law is very strict (thankfully). If not, there would be a few hundred dead Europeans more a year.

And the rate of murder in the US (by 11,000 people each year killed by guns) is concerning.

An interesting topic, I look forward to the replies of others.
Fighting member of the Four Star Alliance!
It has begun...

draconis_sharp
Ensign
Ensign

Post by draconis_sharp » Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:17 pm

Well, technically you need to have Class 3 permit to fire or sell fully automatic weapons in the U.S. It costs a cerain amount each year to keep, something to the tune of $3 or $4 hundred a year I think.

M514R
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by M514R » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:10 pm

sure making a bullet cost 3.000 dollars may help but look at it this way less gun control is a way for GOD to thin the herd
insert evil laugh here (hhaaa hhaaa hahahaha)
definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over and over and over

AFC
Site Founder
Site Founder

Post by AFC » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:21 pm

You need Class 3 linence to own full automatic.

You can hunt with ak-47 in the state i live in.

I grew up with guns not locked at my house, i learned respect that most of the problem no a days.

People who dont learn gun safty or people who break the law is the reason for most of the deaths.

draconis_sharp
Ensign
Ensign

Post by draconis_sharp » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:03 pm

The Yugo SKS I have, can't be hunted with legally where I live. Although an AK is nice, the SKS fires the same ammo, 7.62x39, and is cheaper to keep or mod in the long run. I'm still looking for those rifle grenades though.

AFC
Site Founder
Site Founder

Post by AFC » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:03 am

well i cant find a granade launcher, found flare launcher for ak.

you should check out http://www.gunbroker.com/

Twitch
Commander
Commander

Post by Twitch » Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:37 pm

In some states magazines are limited to 5 rounds for hunting. There are 5-round mags that exist for the AK. The 7.62x39 round is adequate for medium game up to like deer. Funny no one ever mentioned anything about the old M- 1 carbine semi-auto, like the AK 47, back in the 1960s when I went out.

A million folks have semi auto .30-06s far more powerful than the 7.62X39 so what's the problem other than unfounded prejudice? Painting the AK as a "bad" firearm is just stupid and a chic thing to do in today's times. Why don't the old M- 1 carbine or Garand with a mag block to limit it to 5 rounds become "bad" weapons?

If any of those in the avante garde position of being anti the AK's 7.62 round actually knew anything they would keep their mouths shut because there are many, many semi-auto rifles with far greater power that have been in hunters hands since the end of WW 2.

So what's the real complaint against the AK 47 semi auto derivitives?
The Borg will rock your world!

imagin
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by imagin » Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:11 pm

I don't need guns....I've got KNIVES!

I am armed with a fold-open knife and a KA-BAR fixed-blade. Plus a whole bunch of letter openers