Im going to feel like such a noob, but im curious

Any game you like to mod, come talk about it here!!

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

moftheg
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by moftheg »

No you cannot just install two or more mods over each other and have them work without doing any major odf editing. :wink:
Numbazix
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Numbazix »

There are few combinations that work and I wouldn't recommend doing this since the order of installation is vital to avoid a crash. For instance, I've used (1st) anyone of jc's mods and then placed the additional races in with the JB Mod. Generally speaking it is best to avoid placing a mod over a mod unless the mod re-writes all files.
Zix
Master of all I survey--wheres my glasses?
Setiesh
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Dont be like that

Post by Setiesh »

trust me it is hard to get started around here but i have never heard of combinding mods but if u r good at modding odf files and events.dat and Dynamic strings i think it is possible 2 do that download Westworld big book of Modding if u want to learn 2 do that stuff.
Play On
Set :twisted:
Setiesh
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

theres a problem

Post by Setiesh »

u cant do that without canceling out the mod in question without problems but u can try.
Twitch
Commander
Commander

Post by Twitch »

Easiest way to do it is to simply make multiple STA installs each with different mod themes. Look we all got hard drives larger than we imagined 10 years ago and taking up the space is worth it for many.