Armada 2 Strategies

Talk here about any Star Trek Game you play.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

Who is you Favorite Armada 2 Race?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 27, 2004 8:49 pm

Federation
50%
Klingon
33%
Romulan
17%
Borg
No votes
Cardassians
No votes

Total votes: 6

AdmiralChambers
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Armada 2 Strategies

Post by AdmiralChambers » Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:40 pm

Share Strategies and Attack plans with other Members.

For example, I build up a massive Armarda (of the strongest ship class, I use 1 per fleet-1 Sovereign for example) and take no part in the game, then when I have about 100 or so ships, I go out and over-run their battle weakened forces (dosn't seem to work very well against Species
8472 very often for some reason though).
Last edited by AdmiralChambers on Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Adm Chambers~

AdmiralChambers
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Armada 2 Strategies

Post by AdmiralChambers » Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:44 pm

Built up a massive Armara and take no part in the game, then when you have about 100 or so ships, go out and over-run their battle weakened forces.
~Adm Chambers~

cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 » Thu Feb 26, 2004 9:56 pm

my strats are a sercert :P :wink: but they are not working for me this time :cry: damn feds and the AI i made them too hard im getting my butt whooped in a few mins when a swarm of 20-30 ships come at me at once :cry:

Alohaman
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Alohaman » Mon May 10, 2004 1:42 am

My strategy is simple enough, and I usually win with it but I'm not going to tell it. (Pretty pointless to post right? Wrong)

Instead I'll take some of you people through other scenarios

Federation: I usually will have turrets lined up everywhere along with a couple of excelsiors guarding my base, while I take a bunch of cloaked DefiantNX's destroy their base and construction ships then leave. This way they can't defend their base and they can't rebuild a starbase.

Klingon: Not much to say here except that you should have a few powerful cloaked ships in a corner somewhere, so if you lose your base, you'll have a few ships to survive the battle.

Romulan: Same as Klingon but this way you can keep a couple of warbirds on standby or even a couple of Phoenix classes.

Cardassian: Easy, the dreadnought rules all, just build up a small fleet then send them in.

Borg: Believe me, don't try to use the fusion cube in an internet battle. You'll have every freaking ship on the map going after you. Just slowly build up your Tactical Cubes and when the time is clear, either blast people out of space or hope for the best that you can make a Fusion Cube and survive.

8472: Not much to say yet, I haven't properly tested out any strategies for them. All I know is that you don't want to be on the recieving end of their phasers.

Super Fun Happy Bonus Tip: If you want to give somebody a real surprise, just arm a fleet of Sovereigns and if they have a pile of ships guarding their perimeters, go right through them by activating the Corbomite Reflector. Your ships won't be damaged and you can automatically attack their base.

Maybe I should make a tutorial on strategies...
"He who laughs last, thinks slowest."

"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Mon May 10, 2004 6:37 am

Great strategies! I liked that Super Fun Happy Bonus Tip! :lol:

Alohaman
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Alohaman » Tue May 11, 2004 8:10 am

Just make sure if you are using that tip, that you have some kind of defense at your base. The guy who used this against me got a pile of Borg ships shoved down his throat...heh heh heh :lol:

That will be my next project: to create a tutorial of strategies for noobs. Off to Microsoft Word...
"He who laughs last, thinks slowest."

"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."