Q & A

Talk here about any Star Trek Game you play.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

Boris
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Q & A

Post by Boris »

Well this is for any questions about Star Trek Games, ill start off, is there anyway to turn off the teams locked option in the skirmish games on armada 2 ?

Post by Guest »

please explain what you are talking about and i might be able to help
Boris
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Boris »

during skirmish games were u battle the computer, the teams are always locked and you cant play with aliances eg neutral ally or enemy from armada one, is there anyway to deactive this option so you can play with aliances rather than teams turing skirmishes
Twitch
Commander
Commander

Post by Twitch »

Do you mean switch sides and control an allie's ships and stations? You couldn't do that in A1 either.
Boris
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Boris »

na na na, i meant ur status in the game, u can ally with people like u could make the klingons think ur the ally, the romulans think ur neutral so they dont attack you, and the borg an enemy so u can fight them.
Twitch
Commander
Commander

Post by Twitch »

Hmm? Never knew you could do that in A1. Always figured allies had to be set before you start.

Post by Guest »

i dont know if thats possible in armada2, unless youd be aware of it

i know what he means in A1, first thing thier was Directors Cut which made ships fly around and manuver in battle, their was special settings where a race would develop defend itself but ignore you or other players, or a race could be on your side and fight with you against a common enemy, it was a good idea that i dont think was carried over to a2
Boris
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Boris »

damn, oh well just wanted to know if there was a way, cos it was more fun and realistic with aliances
Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom »

You are talkin about "Alliances" Mode where you can set up Teams and Allies, this mod has nothing to do with "Directors Cut" that feature allows vessels to dog fight,

Both features arent carried over to the crappy Armada 1 Expansion pack (Aka A2) so buy A1, and mod that :D (U can get it for about £3 on Ebay ($5)

:)

Adam
Setiesh
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Sorry to Say

Post by Setiesh »

There is no real way to turn off the teams but u can get a mod which allows u to to the old features from a1 but yah i do like the aliance options.
Play on
Set :twisted:
Boris
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Boris »

oh yeah thanks man, u is brilliant