Armada 3 Ideas

Talk here about any Star Trek Game you play.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

How much would you pay to have a community right to develop a sequel to "Star Trek: Armada 2"?

Poll ended at Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:41 pm

$25,000
40%
$50,000
10%
$75,000 or more
50%

Total votes: 10

JNTK
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

as somone said earlier, attack patterns!

Post by JNTK » Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:26 pm

Attack patterns! They could allow you to make one run against the target, come around with a different tactic...

More later, have to go now :(
Ultimate Star Trek Fan: JNTK

icewolf132
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by icewolf132 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:06 pm

Elrond: hmm, interesting. to bad the AI cant do the same without crashing :(

heres one; the ability to let small ships land and launch (aka dock) from planets
Star Trekkin' across the universe, because I STILL can't find reverse!

Usage Permission; All are free to use and edit my work in any way they see fit, so long as credit is given where it is due.

whohaw15
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by whohaw15 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:49 pm

for any of u that know of the game dune generations that hasnt come out because the company went bankrupt. anyway they had u able to have ground-air-water-space forces that u can control. able to move from space through the atmosphere to the surface where u have bases, cities, etc that u control. its an idea. thats all for now.

Aquanori
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Aquanori » Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:04 am

@ Elrond
THX for the Idea, i'll try to make that work in my armada!

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:38 am

Yep - no problem! Creating new techtree entries and new special weapons for the race that takes over the weapon are only needed.

Aquanori
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Aquanori » Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:11 pm

making that work for all the speacial weapons is gonna be a lot of work...

Do i have to create or add an invisible pod sod or does it work without one?

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:33 pm

Any kind of pod will work. I didn't do that for every special weapon - each race has ten pods it can build if they capture an enemy ship. Capturing the enemy ship gives a race the option to build pods on certain ships or even stations that can be researched so that some ships can use special weapons. Some of the pods built on the ships contain one or two of the captured enemy ship's weapons. That's pretty much how it works. Making it work for ALL special weapons would be a lot of work - I believe in Armada 3 that they can make it so that capturing certain enemy vessels automatically gives the option to research pods that add enemy weapons to the fleet.

In Armada 2, regular weapons like photons, phasers, and disruptors cannot be researched - directly. They can be incorporated into pods that are built on to ships, but can't be researched directly. In Armada 3, it would be a good idea to have it so that you could upgrade from, say, photon torpedoes to perhaps quantum or at higher levels transphasic torpedoes. Depending on the ship or station, the upgrade will differ.

usssalvation
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by usssalvation » Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:42 pm

Somthing like the BOTF mod, but have a thing hwere you can "Upgrade", lemme tell you what i mean, say your are in the enterprise era as far as technolagy goes, when you reach the TOS era, your shipyards starbases, sicnce stations etc.. should be "morphed" or replaced to the newer tech. In other words when you reach the TOS era the TOS scence station would be built using the Enterprise era scence station as a foundation. This helps keep your space from expanding to far to fast and gets rid of obsolet tech etc....

Aquanori
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Aquanori » Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:36 am

usssalvation wrote:Somthing like the BOTF mod, but have a thing hwere you can "Upgrade", lemme tell you what i mean, say your are in the enterprise era as far as technolagy goes, when you reach the TOS era, your shipyards starbases, sicnce stations etc.. should be "morphed" or replaced to the newer tech. In other words when you reach the TOS era the TOS scence station would be built using the Enterprise era scence station as a foundation. This helps keep your space from expanding to far to fast and gets rid of obsolet tech etc....
You think like the updrades in Age of Empires (when you reach a different time period everythinh changes)?

jolt
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jolt » Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:44 am

Going back to the viewing of another special weapon and getting it-this is assimilation. Give a weapon, say a blank sod, then as the weapon itself, give it the classlabel of the borg tech. assimilator, voila, once its met it's requirements, it'll add that weapon to the ship complement like it would a cube.

Ofcourse I don't know how to do a blank sod or a bit of the above, but, in theory, it should work.

Right, my idea's:

-Fleet weapons-Aren't we tired of seeing romulans and klingon's firing phasers at random points, don't they use disruptors?

-Real fleet vices and virtue-for example, change the federation so that when their shields take a bit of damage they retreat, yet when the klingon take more damage, they keep fighting (I know this is possible, but it can't be implemented perfectly).

-How about the ability to modify your version of a game, play it online, and transfer files so you can actually play online with other people (like the file transfer in BC).

-No stupid officer limit-period! Officers are included in the crew, so why a seperate...ughh,doesn't make any sense.

-Realistic resources, again, i know this can be changed, but something slightly more..."realistic".

-More ships, okay, we know that one, how about more ship realisms, like MVAMing the Prometheus and the Galaxy, and actually be worth your time doing it, cause let's face it, if you split the galaxy, it just gets destroyed easily.

usssalvation
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by usssalvation » Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:07 pm

I dont know age of empires but I guess, ya know like in the real botf game made by micropose, the outpost is the foundation for the starbase

Landoboy
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Landoboy » Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:04 am

Armada III ideas. Hmmm.

1) Unlimited fleet control (having an uncounted fleet control limit).

2) The ability to design and add ships to the game using something like Starship Creator without any knowledge of texturing, coding, etc.

3) Built-in automatic updates. Every time you use something like the update manager, it will scoure the internet looking for updates for the game.

4) More realistic - make the original ships more true to the Movies and Series.

5) Larger graphics drivers allowance.

6) Better use of programming and compression so that it doesn't require a very stron system to run it.

7) Better ship scaling - make sure that the sovereign is clearly smaller than the Cube and Scimitar.

8) Shuttles - different amount of shuttles if any in the ships. E.g. the Argo in the Sovereign. The shuttle is used to go down to planet surfaces and collect information or limited resources.

9) Warp Drive consistences - Different vessels have different warp speed capabilities. Allow for warp 10, which clears the shroud and fog of the minimap but destroys the vessel that went at that speed. Also, can't use warp drive when near to planets and / or black holes.

10) No research pods. On the research station, there are external pods that show. I think these look stupid and would not be there if shown on the Series or the movies.

That's all I can think of, for now.
Life is what it is. It is what we make of life that counts. --by me:)

usssalvation
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by usssalvation » Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:11 am

I like the abouve mentioned pod idea it is dumb

Aquanori
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Aquanori » Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:18 am

Another idea:
Make it possible again to axpand officer limit by building those officer pods (like in Armada 1),

jolt
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jolt » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:09 am

I beleive that one is actually acheiveable, I'll check though.