Anyone still playing Elite Force?

Talk here about any Star Trek Game you play.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

odyssey
Ensign
Ensign

Anyone still playing Elite Force?

Post by odyssey »

If you are, there is 2 recently released mod you should check. The first one is called ENTERPRISE NX-01 TEASER which has to be considered on of the top 3 mods for EF ever! :D The mod takes place on the NX-01 Ent several hours before she enters the Delphic Expanse as seen on the 2nd season finale of ENT. The ENT comes under attack by Duras and his Bird Of Prey and it's up to you... playing as Lt Malcolm Reed has to repel the invading Klingons that has beam aboard ENT.

I can not tell you how awesome this mod is! You get to transverse and navigate your to the corridors and the decks of the Nx-01... begining from the torpedo room towards engineering. The details and quality of this mod is astounding and accurate in nearly every detail! They even include cinematics or cut scenes between check points incorporating voices, music and scenes from the show. You can check out and download the mod here at...

http://eliteforce2.filefront.com/file/;25350

or at it's official website at...

http://www.scifiheaven.net/nx01/english/index.html

There is also a high resolution add on for this mod, but its recommended for a comp with at LEAST 512 ram or more.

The negatives are that the Klingons are harder to kill (forget trying to kill the klingons in the engine room... for dramatic reasons : :wink: ) and there is no life line recharge so you have to make do with what you got for this rather short, but terrific mod.

The good news... there will be a 2nd pack due out this summer which hopefully include the bridge and access to other parts of the ship.

The sad news is that after this release, that will be it for this mod. :cry:
So, if you're a fan of ENT, don't pass this up. GO DOWNLOAD NOW!! :P

Anothe mod that was recently released is called THE ARGAS EFFECT which places you as Capt Kirk abord the ENT during the imaginery 4th season of TOS. This mod(s) takes it's place as the best mod of EF EVER! It's by far the largest mod yet to be released for EF and it looks absoluting stunning with the classic looks and sounds! You can download this at it's official website at...

http://spacestationk7.elteforce.com

Fans of TOS, what are you waiting for?! START DOWNLOADING NOW!! :D

I'm in the midst of downloading the third pack of this 3 part mod (DARN YOU DIAL-UP!! :evil: ) so, I'm not able to give a criticial asessment of this mod yet. Those with high speed connections, how is it?

yeah, this game and game engine is old, but I'm betting these mods will revitalize the fun and attention it use to have. :)
JPKTrekker
Captain
Captain

Post by JPKTrekker »

I play the original now and again. Those definitely sound like awsome mods. :D 8)
Porty
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Porty »

I will certainly downloading & trying them!! :wink:
Microsoft
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Microsoft »

I still play Elite Force 1 a lot but 2 has issues with my Video Card. I'm going to check those site out see what other thing I can find.
Draconia
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Draconia »

I only own the original. I play it off and on.
odyssey
Ensign
Ensign

Post by odyssey »

oops! :oops: Mistyped the address for THE ARGAS EFFECT mod, but I think it's obvious when you clicked on it. DOH!

http://spacestationk7.eliteforce.com

I also have problems running EF2 and that's the demo version only. I had to turn down everything to get it to run and even that had my card literally gasping :( .
Majestic
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Majestic »

I so wish I didn't have dial-up. I love the game and ENT too. :cry:
odyssey
Ensign
Ensign

Post by odyssey »

That's why I use a download manager with resume support with my dial-up. Even it takes a few days between dial-up sessions. It large but reasonable. You should install one. These mods are worth it. :wink:
whiteruth
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

EL

Post by whiteruth »

i still play it and i am always looking for a good mod for it thanks for the heads up on the mod
Jaxom
odyssey
Ensign
Ensign

Post by odyssey »

Youre welcome. :)

As expected these mods are AWESOME!

Though, I'm unsure about a few things...

-where do we place the NX-01 high resolution pack? in the NX-01 folder? I didn't notice much of a difference when I ran it.

-what happens when you run the Argas Teaser? Everytime I click on to it, it loads and then it brings me back to the main menu.

anybody who download these mods know?
whiteruth
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Mods

Post by whiteruth »

Sorry, I've been so busy i have not had time to even download them and i'm glad you posted that new link lol
Jaxom
CmdrJack
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by CmdrJack »

I play it now and again. When ever I have time. I got 4 kids that keep me going.
Darkknight
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Darkknight »

I play Armada 2 and Eliteforce 1 :P cool games :D:D:D:D
Darkknight
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Darkknight »

On the internet is cool. it's 2 bad that there isent a elite force 3 but then with the storry of startrek enterprise or deepspace 9 :P :D :D :D
morthamp
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Re: Anyone still playing Elite Force?

Post by morthamp »

odyssey wrote:If you are, there is 2 recently released mod you should check. The first one is called ENTERPRISE NX-01 TEASER which has to be considered on of the top 3 mods for EF ever! :D The mod takes place on the NX-01 Ent several hours before she enters the Delphic Expanse as seen on the 2nd season finale of ENT. The ENT comes under attack by Duras and his Bird Of Prey and it's up to you... playing as Lt Malcolm Reed has to repel the invading Klingons that has beam aboard ENT.

I can not tell you how awesome this mod is! You get to transverse and navigate your to the corridors and the decks of the Nx-01... begining from the torpedo room towards engineering. The details and quality of this mod is astounding and accurate in nearly every detail! They even include cinematics or cut scenes between check points incorporating voices, music and scenes from the show. You can check out and download the mod here at...

http://eliteforce2.filefront.com/file/;25350

or at it's official website at...

http://www.scifiheaven.net/nx01/english/index.html

There is also a high resolution add on for this mod, but its recommended for a comp with at LEAST 512 ram or more.

The negatives are that the Klingons are harder to kill (forget trying to kill the klingons in the engine room... for dramatic reasons : :wink: ) and there is no life line recharge so you have to make do with what you got for this rather short, but terrific mod.

The good news... there will be a 2nd pack due out this summer which hopefully include the bridge and access to other parts of the ship.

The sad news is that after this release, that will be it for this mod. :cry:
So, if you're a fan of ENT, don't pass this up. GO DOWNLOAD NOW!! :P

Anothe mod that was recently released is called THE ARGAS EFFECT which places you as Capt Kirk abord the ENT during the imaginery 4th season of TOS. This mod(s) takes it's place as the best mod of EF EVER! It's by far the largest mod yet to be released for EF and it looks absoluting stunning with the classic looks and sounds! You can download this at it's official website at...

http://spacestationk7.elteforce.com

Fans of TOS, what are you waiting for?! START DOWNLOADING NOW!! :D

I'm in the midst of downloading the third pack of this 3 part mod (DARN YOU DIAL-UP!! :evil: ) so, I'm not able to give a criticial asessment of this mod yet. Those with high speed connections, how is it?

yeah, this game and game engine is old, but I'm betting these mods will revitalize the fun and attention it use to have. :)
I hightly recommened (spelling?) playing colony 7. Which can be found here

in exe format:
http://eliteforce2.filefront.com/file/C ... _EXE;45106

or in zip format:
http://eliteforce2.filefront.com/file/C ... _ZIP;45107