Anyone still playing Elite Force?

Talk here about any Star Trek Game you play.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

KevinJ
Ensign
Ensign
Location: AMERICA!! State: Insane !!!!!!!!! Age: As long as ive been alive

Post by KevinJ »

i play ef 1 i dont have 2 yet i got star gate mod for it its ok not to bad needs better textures
Space The Finale Frontier...It will take you a million light years from home...in a Galaxy far far away...in search of a home called earth.
(Sci Fi Armada)
odyssey
Ensign
Ensign

Post by odyssey »

Well, a little followup on the ENT mod... it was cancelled and the only official release was that teaser. They did release the shuttle bay section after they closed shop, but it's strictly a tour map and very buggy at that.

Just finally got my hands on a copy of EF2 and kinda find it disappointing. It has improved graphics and all that, but just doesn't play or feel the same as the original. Activision should have stuck with Raven instead of outsourcing it to Ritual for the followup. No surprise then that not many do mods or create new maps for it like they continue to do for EF1. Good game, just not great.

btw, I'm still baffled by what or where to go on THE ARGAS EFFECT mod. has anyone actually finished playing this mod?
Shadowfox1701
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Shadowfox1701 »

I currently own both elite force 1 and 2. these mods sound interesting and I will try them. However I also like the challenge of sneaking around the maps, for example the scavenger base mission of EF 1 is my favorite. If someone could come up with a covert ops mod, that would be awsome.
odyssey
Ensign
Ensign

Post by odyssey »

No covert mod here, but there's a new mod based upon the ENT episode "Regeneration" for EF1 that was recently released. It's short (3 levels) and beta, but it'll certainly breath some life into EF1 again. Check it out.

http://eliteforce2.filefront.com/file/R ... tion;43234
MarcinKoziuk
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by MarcinKoziuk »

the RPG-X mod is my favourite. It's a star trek multiplay roleplaying game .. you can walk around a starship use consoles etc. You should also download the patch.

edit: http://eliteforce2.filefront.com/file/RPGX;40140 here u can d/l it