I want a ship editor for a2 !

Talk here about any Star Trek Game you play.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

krasim
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by krasim » Wed Nov 12, 2003 5:57 pm

thats called, building a model in milkshape, adding hard points, making a taga to add to the ship in adobe photoshop or paint shop pro, after exporting using a txt editor to create an odf, edit the .tt and .gui files. and for sound a sound editor say Nero wave editor...

no one program can do the lot,

find the BBOM by westworld it should be somwhere in the download section

krasim
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by krasim » Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:07 pm

the big book of modeling/moding

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 12, 2003 8:10 pm

and remember "I want doesn't get" :p

j/king

ODF wise i find it easier to just use notepad

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Mon May 10, 2004 6:54 am

Wow! That is a lot of smileys, don't know quite what that has to do with an Armada 2 ship editor, but I get the humor. Anyway, about using a text editor for the odf files. I found TextPad to be the best editor for all text-based files. It can integrate C++ compiling and all that, so for me that's terrific. It's the best tool for editing odf files. You can open as many files as you want in one instance of the program, or even open a bunch of files in another instant of that program! This idea comes in handy when you're trying to tweak or balance the strengths of ships, special weapons, stations, torpedoes, phasers, and pulse weapons. I've worked with every single odf file imaginable, even to the point of attempting to add my own ship formations. I've even used textpad to quickly and efficiently edit files that pertain to what you can place in the map editor. In my own version of the game, I have about 20 non-stock Borg ships, 75 non-stock Fed ships, 10 non-stock Klingon ships, and 15 non-stock Romulan ships. I'm constantly editing them to get the right scale and strength in battle. I tell ya, when it comes to editing odf's, Textpad was my favorite editor (I don't work for textpad, I'm just a real satisfied user).
As for everything else, the only thing I haven't learned to use yet is the texture and sod editting tools. I'm reading up on SOD's and texturing, but I can't keep track of what's going on when I attempted making my own model. Guess I need a lot of practice. It would be nice, though, if there was a tool for Armada 2 for doing all sod's, textures, wireframes, buttons, odfs all in one. But, when I learn milkshape a little better, maybe I can be able to do everything for Armada 2.