armada 1 and 2 and Bridge commander with windows xp

Talk here about any Star Trek Game you play.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Starforce2
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

armada 1 and 2 and Bridge commander with windows xp

Post by Starforce2 » Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:07 am

I am curious to know if anyone has these games and their assoicated modding tools (3d max, map editors, BC's mpe..ect) and if they work ok?

cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 » Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:25 am

hey Starforce long time since i seen u :) welcome aboard :)

all three games work great on XP the tools for A1 and A2 work great dunno bout BC though

Starforce2
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Starforce2 » Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:57 am

Whatcha been up to dude? last thing I think I downloaded from you was er..no...that was phantasm...lol..it has been a while aint it?

cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 » Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:11 am

Starforce2 wrote:Whatcha been up to dude? last thing I think I downloaded from you was er..no...that was phantasm...lol..it has been a while aint it?
been a long time mate :) how u been? how u like being a adminion on one of thr largest BC out there :P :wink:

Starforce2
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Starforce2 » Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:42 am

oh it's fun. Hard at work on my batch of christmas conversions. You guys have any luck here with that ship suggestion forum?

JEDI3112
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by JEDI3112 » Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:21 am

I have all three games, however I don't play BC on my XP PC. I also don't mod BC, although I really would like to execute my tactical officer/helm as well as my no1 (the one that flies when in combat, but you have the bridge view up). Has anybody else had any of the following situations as well?

The shields of an enemy vessel are down on one of the sides (bottom/top/port/starboard/fore/aft). You are currently on that side of the vessel, but your pilot flies yo to the other side, effectively ruining your chances of doing any damage to the enemy vessel.

You target the systems/subsystems of an enemy vessel (I generally pick the sensors/bridge or when attacking bases the power plant). You pilot places the entire ship/station in between your ship and the targeted system. Now I don't really thing my guns can shoot in an arc around that station/ship.

Now for the reason I want to beam my no1 into space, or beam the head of my no1 (fun things these transporters). This happened during a mission where you have to scan several planets for a device and after that Data shuttles down to that planet I believe. Generally I get deteceted at some point, so I run off to the next system. Before going to warp I power down my weapons and my shields, in order to not be detected in the next system. However after I give the warp order the no1 simply goes back to red alert, now since I can't give any orders while in warp, I drop out of warp in the next system, and I immediatly get detected.

Now about my Armada modding. I generally only alter the odf files a bit as well as the techtree. Mostly I try to size the ships/ranges etc. down, as I think they're too big compared to the planets. Also sizing the ships down makes the maps a bit larger in comparison. There is also a map that came with the STvsSW mod for A1 taht I'd like to see in A2 as well, However I don't really know anything about editing that sort of stuff. I am also engaged in some experiments. Such as completely altering the torpedo system, and I try to see if there are other things that may be possible.
Join me and together we will mod the universe.

jolt
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jolt » Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:58 pm

I can't guarantee you about the modding tools, but both Armada's and BC it self work fine on my XPSP2 computer. For A1 though, there's a big dependance on an older graphics driver.
Engage!

"A2 Files Site Admin...darn proud of it too!"

The-Great-White-Fro
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by The-Great-White-Fro » Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:53 pm

BC! OMG Im awesome at that game, me and blindeye happen to be in the best BC clan in the community
"Cry Havoc, and let slip the dogs of war." -Mark Antony, Julius Caeser, Act II , scene iii

Current Commander of the Nova Class, USS Mosquito in the BC mod FBCMP

blindeye01
Captain
Captain

Post by blindeye01 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:25 am

JEDI3112 wrote:your pilot flies yo to the other side
Theres your problem. You cant play the game by giving orders. You have to manually fly the ship with the wsad keys and 1-9 for throttle. Dont use bridge view either. Use the F keys to bring up the displays you need (really just F5 for engineering, dont use the others).

You target using the list of targets on the upper left of your screen in the chase camera mode.

They made your officers stupid because they want you to control it using only your skill.
Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to

JEDI3112
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by JEDI3112 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:04 am

I thought they wanted you to tell you officers what to do. that's basicly what happened during the tutorial. If I fly myself I can actually take out much larger ships with ease. But because of their uselessness I want to execute my officers as a proper Sith Lord would do. The game really misses a Force Choke command, when selecting your officers. Or a beam head into space command. I think the Terran Empire would have done things like that. Would be hilarious to see.
Join me and together we will mod the universe.