question for A2

Talk here about any Star Trek Game you play.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

MoonStrike
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

question for A2

Post by MoonStrike » Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:48 pm

is it possible to have to many mods for A2

MoonStrike
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by MoonStrike » Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:01 pm

because when i have most of my mods on the game cant run i was wondering if theres a way i can have all my mods on with out A2 quitting on me

EnigmaX
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by EnigmaX » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:26 pm

I have experienced some problems with toooo many mods but i think it has more to do with the processor and or graphics card and amount of ram, i save and back-up all files than add the next mod if no problem then save and back-up it's a learning curve i forgot to back-up once Ouch!! what can i say had to re-install the game bummer

Captain_H
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Captain_H » Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:14 pm

Alot of the times no two mods work together in Armada 2 and even Armada 1 because of compatability problems. Whether these problems are confusing or missing ship references in the techtree file and the AI files (if the mod edits the AI files). Other people will be able to explain the particulars if they wish to continue for me.
Check out my Myspace page (still a work in progress but anyways)
http://www.myspace.com/captainh6440

icewolf132
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by icewolf132 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:11 pm

it is possible, but you would have to do a lot of editing to numerous files to let all of the units be buildable by both the player and the AI, and to balance the game.

EDIT: that is if you want all of the mods on one game of A2.
Star Trekkin' across the universe, because I STILL can't find reverse!

Usage Permission; All are free to use and edit my work in any way they see fit, so long as credit is given where it is due.

Borg_Queen
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Borg_Queen » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:01 pm

Then I install a totall Convertion mod, I always backup the original Armada II, so I still have it. Then I want a new total convertion mod, I just backup the original game again, and then overwrite the second backup, so I then can have more then one total convertion. I just click the link to the right one then I want to play it. Doesn't need to uninstall any mods then.

Maybe this can work for you, too, for the different mods you want to play.
Resistance is futile.

nabunion
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by nabunion » Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:59 pm

Hello im NabUnion, how do you add stargate ships like the prometheous x303 to star trek armada one if possible could anyone reccommend a site that has Mod to add stargate ships

kips
Ensign
Ensign

Post by kips » Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:15 am

NabUnion Have you tried "The Big Book Of Modding" it's in the tutorial part of AFC Main at the top of the screen try that first any problems come back and try one of us for help.
life is life and death well thats a pain in the neck.

Fighting member of the Four Star Alliance.
It has begun...

tyran711
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by tyran711 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:23 am

hi wondering if someone could help me out i'm kinda new to the whole modding thing but i've learned quite a bit like the odf's and textures but i've got no idea how the sod file fit in to things.

kips
Ensign
Ensign

Post by kips » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:04 am

Ok I'm going to try and answer this but I think I'll probably miss the mark a little.
The SOD file is the model that the texture is added to create the final ship you see in game.
Ok think of it like paper macheying a balloon the SOD being the balloon. and the texture being the paper.

I hope that answers your question I'm sure somebody will explain it better than I have.
life is life and death well thats a pain in the neck.

Fighting member of the Four Star Alliance.
It has begun...

tyran711
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by tyran711 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:22 am

no i think your right and the hard points are included in the sod file as well. so in order for me to modify that i'd need milk shape but if i download it on to my mp3 player it keeps loseing bits in the process.

Mikial01
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

How do you add another construction ship for each race

Post by Mikial01 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:10 pm

im developing my own little mod i understand how to add ships and stations to the game but for some reason i cant add a second type of construction ship. to build a more advanced set of stations and ships. i know the limit is 13 thats why i was building it but i dont understand is there some more information do i need to add different from of coding in it. i have got the beta construction ship from the file front page can anyone see whats wrong with it. Thanks for any help. Mikial01