Armada Beta Screenshots

Talk here about any Star Trek Game you play.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

icewolf132
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Armada Beta Screenshots

Post by icewolf132 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:01 pm

Yep, you read it right...while bouncing around in Google I came across this; a nifty gallery of Armada screenshots during it's development in 2000! I kind of think that some of the older stuff fit in a bit better...and is it just me, or are some of the Romulan textures a bit more detailed than now? o.0

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/012/012307/imgs_1.html
Star Trekkin' across the universe, because I STILL can't find reverse!

Usage Permission; All are free to use and edit my work in any way they see fit, so long as credit is given where it is due.

MrVulcan
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral

Post by MrVulcan » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:08 pm

Some of the older stuff looks really nice (screens 35 and up). I like the fed starbase especially. It seems they toned everything down a bit prior to release.

The phoenix superweapon is cool as well. Big explosion! lol

ChillyWilly
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by ChillyWilly » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:12 pm

Some of the older stuff looks really nice (screens 35 and up). I like the fed starbase especially. It seems they toned everything down a bit prior to release.
Probably found in beta testing that the video card requirements were more than the expected target audience had at the time. You don't want to use too low a requirement or it won't look good enough, but you don't want to use too high a requirement or many people won't be able to play at all. I think we can all name games that went too far one way or the other. :D

xcalaba
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by xcalaba » Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:11 pm

Any chance someone could recreate some of the old features and models from these screen shots.