Can not Connect to WON Server.

Talk here about any Star Trek Game you play.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Btown21
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Can not Connect to WON Server.

Post by Btown21 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:27 pm

Is anyone having problems playing A1 online in multiplayer mode? I keep getting error can not connect to WON server. Any suggestions on how to to fix this?

TheMuffenMan
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by TheMuffenMan » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:01 pm

:( I am having the same problems playing A1 online in multiplayer mode... maybe the server is shut down for good (hope not) i have not been able to play in about a week.

TheMuffenMan
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by TheMuffenMan » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:29 pm

:P The WON server for a1 is back up!!

CanOfWhoopAzz
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by CanOfWhoopAzz » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:05 pm

Its back down for me and asking for a new patch from WON. And I already the 1.2v..Any idea anyone or where i can find this new so-called patch for Armada 1?

TheMuffenMan
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by TheMuffenMan » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:14 pm

:evil: it's down for me to! i don't know what patch it wants? the only one i can find, is the one i already have (1.2)

davedumas
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by davedumas » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:13 pm

same here i think it might be down for good :evil: :evil: :evil:

StarWolf359
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by StarWolf359 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:10 am

Does anyone have the e-mail contact for WON? I would love to pick their brains about this "patch" also!

newbe
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by newbe » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:46 am

im looking for the won patch to i am wondering if its because of windows vista thats what im running anyone have a patch that will work

davedumas
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by davedumas » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:38 am

its not vista i know of people with xp and its doing the same thing

StarWolf359
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by StarWolf359 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:44 am

Does anyone have the contact info for WON?

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:11 am

Armada WON is gone for good. I had heard something over a year ago about them shutting down the WON server a year after that announcement and it looks like that wasn't a lie. It's gone.
Dead

MrVulcan
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral

Post by MrVulcan » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:40 am

Well, this was bound to happen eventually... :(

Silly question from someone who doesn't know anything about setting up servers:

How much trouble will it be to set up replacement servers outside of WON? Also, will this be prohibitively expensive? Most importantly, is what I'm proposing even legal?

DistantUK
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by DistantUK » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:07 pm

In a phone call to Activision UK I asked about the old Armada game no longer being able to connect to online multiplay for an estimated week now and the assistant on the other end (with an american accent...i must have got diverted) told me that Activision no longer supported Star Trek Armada on online play as far back as November of last year.

In an email conversation between this site and Activision in September of 2007 they did suggest that support for this classic game will end "in the foreseeable future"...looks like it has now ended.

Official support for Armada's online mode ran out on the 1st of January this year on the won.net Sierra owned hosting server. The irony of this folks? Sierra is owned by Vivendi...and Activision now owns Vivendi AND Sierra. The Armada 1 matching server went down after Activision aquired Sierra's online division.

Wether the online capability will be permanently down for Armada is still up in the air, but the fact that Activision has now turned their back on the game and they have just taken over Sierra doesn't bode too well for whats left of Armada 1 online. In essence, Armada on multiplay is now officially over after an 8 year run.
In respone to the server question, depending on how many people will continue to play, it can become very expensive. Also permission would be required and a patch released to change everyones game to point to the new server address...
It canbe done, by someone with patience, time & money in large quantities.
However with the harsh way Activision has responded to Trek gaming, since losing the licence. I don't believe any permissions will be given. Considering now they own the game and multiplayer options.

Btown21
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Btown21 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:03 pm

A few days ago, the WON server was back up and I was able to play online with others. It is back down though. When I get to the lobby (not able to get that far previously) it says they are experiencing technical difficulties. Alien involvement is not ruled out. I'm not sure if this means they are fixing it or if its gonna be down for good. I'm hopeful but patient. I'll let you guys know if I know anything else.

Btown21
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Btown21 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:28 pm

Its working now you guys! Enjoy!!!!!!!!