Armada 1 Online Issue

Talk here about any Star Trek Game you play.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

RebmaBoss
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Armada 1 Online Issue

Post by RebmaBoss » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:22 pm

Normally, when I play Armada 1 by myself (such as Instant Action or single-player missions), I push a key, click the right mouse button, command a yard to build a ship...and everything reacts instantly. But whenever I play online, whether on XP or Vista, the game takes a while after a keypress/mouse click before reacting. There is no lag.

Example:

By Myself--I select a ship and right-click on the map, and instantly the ship moves.
Online--I right-click on the map, and though the game runs smoothly and continues normally, the ship takes time to even start moving towards the area. Once it starts, it continues normally.

Basically, slow reaction times. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how do I fix it?

MrVulcan
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral

Post by MrVulcan » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:55 pm

Open the comm menu and see if high latency is checked. If you are in a game where all players have low ping and the game does not often go out of sync for you, then you should keep the high latency off.

Even with high latency off, the game will experience some lag. The game needs time to send the information about every ship and station to every other player so that everyone is playing "the same game".

Playing with a faster internet connection usually helps, but the problem can not be eliminated entirely.

RebmaBoss
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by RebmaBoss » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:42 pm

I wonder if you understand me correctly--I apologize if you do. I play with high-internet connection, and have no lag--no lag--whatsoever. It's just that while everything else is happening, my orders aren't executed immediately.

Remek
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Remek » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:24 pm

omfg untick highlatencey (highlatencey is for people who lag) so as it slows you down.