Armada 1 flicker problem

Talk here about any Star Trek Game you play.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Echotracer
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Armada 1 flicker problem

Post by Echotracer » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:38 pm

Hey there.. first post here so its kinda odd. Anyway previously I had installed and was running Armarda 1 (1.2 patch, no mods) on my pc, but I ended up clearing and restoreing my system to factory defaults..

Now when I try to run Armada 1 it all looks good untill I get in game. then the menu command area flickers about 10-15 times every second (looking semi-transparent). I previously had this issue too, and I went to the activision webpage and their support files showed me how to fix it. All nice and good untill now I checked with activision and find they took down all their star treck support. all the old support posts were deleted.

So I ended up searching around for player support sites and am hopefull someone here may understand the problem and be able to lend a hand.

Currently my system is a p4, 3ghz, Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT 512mb, 3gigs of ram, Windows xp media sp2 decktop.

On a side note, running it in safe mode removes the flicker, just its not really fun to run in 8bit mode..

MrVulcan
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral

Post by MrVulcan » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:22 pm

Try reducing graphics hardware acceleration. You can do this by:

rightclick on desctop >> properties >> settings tab. Click on "advanced", then on troubleshoot tab.

Echotracer
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Echotracer » Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:51 am

Thanks for the fast reply!

Disabling cursor and bitmap accelerations, or all cursor and accelerations seems to have no effect on the problem. disabling all dirrect draw and dirrect 3d accelerations cause Armada to not launch. Disabling write combining seems to have no effect on any of the settings.

Seems like I need to find a different solution. As a funny note.. I tryed to screen shot the "flicker" but it seems to happen to fast for me to catch it..