HELP Armada II, kmining Station Problem, Back-up 1 crashes 2

Talk here about any Star Trek Game you play.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:50 am

Firstly, you've picked a game which is over 10 years old. As you can see by the lack of others posting here that the community is extremely quiet and a large portion of the modders who were resident here have either left completely or gone onto other games. I mean I've seen Deemon post once, maybe twice, in the past 4 years and he was an avid modeller for the game. Surely something such as Empire At War or its expansion would be more suited to show of this kind of modding. After all EaW is far more up to date and is as easy to mod as either Armada game.

Secondly, I'm highly suspicious that this professor of yours would suggest you upload and allow availabilty to a complete installation when it would be far better and a smaller download, to provide just the files you've edited. 800mb+ might not seem like much but its download time which alot of people would be spending doing other things.

The bottom line here, is that you'll be extremely hard pressed to find the help your requesting. One thing that may (and I stress the word "may") get you any kind of help is if you get this professor of yours to contact myself via email using their own email and not one thats via hotmail, etc.etc. and if I consider it to be authentic (baring in mind that the anonimity of the internet can allow ANYONE to create an email and say its a particular person) then I might put some time aside to try to help.

The simple fact of the matter is that just by looking at this thread and seeing that I'm the only one responding to your thread should tell you that theres either no-one else who's willing to post because they aren't posting on the forum, or they're just not bothered in helping to fix someone elses mod errors. You have to understand that to go through this mod of yours would take far more time than you realise (having been working with this game for almost as long as its around I think I have a good idea what I'm talking about).

One question though. How much longer have you got for this and what will happen if, even with help, you can't get any errors fixed??

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:25 pm

Major Payne, I’ll answer your last question first and go on from there using quotes as reference points.
One question though. How much longer have you got for this and what will happen if, even with help, you can't get any errors fixed??
For the project in general, I got till this summer class ends that will be on August 11th of this year. But for the degree program, that will be by the end of May next year. If I cannot get the errors fixed the result for the class will be a downgraded grade or the worst possibility would be that I could fail the class and have to retake it to complete the degree, it is though required to see that I have gotten help or tried to get help and that’s why I have been describing exactly how the crashes occur even when I’m being told its impossible, I’m telling exactly what I have seen, what my friends have seen well I’m working on the project and what my professor sees as well, all it ever seems to get me though is a ban from File Front and www.armada2files.com, what was I supposed to do: come out and say I’m working on a college project right away? How am I supposed to know what type of a reaction I would get if I did that? Well for the record, I am taking two degrees though not just this one and that’s because my second one might be harder to get a job in, Teaching is one because I also want to teach English to Foreign Students.
Secondly, I'm highly suspicious that this professor of yours would suggest you upload and allow availability (fixed spelling error, was availabilty)to a complete installation when it would be far better and a smaller download, to provide just the files you've edited. 800mb+ might not seem like much but its download time which alot of people would be spending doing other things.
I know you have your suspicions about a professor allowing her students to post entire games installations online as a file, but the necessity of it does exist. Some of the students are working on the games on more than one computer, their own and the schools. Because the college has so much security in place on their computers no student is allowed to save any file to the computer or to even download anything to it, this includes installing. The use of an online file hosting site is to allow the students the ability to access their project on any computer and to continue working on it. It is actually the easiest and safest way to do this kind of project because many of us students don’t have a Flash Drive or Memory Stick that can hold all of the required files and have the game installed too. This includes the sites that are actually blocked from students’ use, including this one for some reason the college must have, so I’m only able to get online here when I’m not there, File Front was a different story but they went and banned the IP Address of the college and Professor Kathleen Parker hasn’t been able to get the IT Department to do anything about it, the same thing was done by A2 Files and File Front at my friend Eric’s house where I have been working on the project, this has made doing the work much more harder because there still seems to be a bigger community at A2 Files.
Firstly, you've picked a game which is over 10 years old. As you can see by the lack of others posting here that the community is extremely quiet and a large portion of the modders who were resident here have either left completely or gone onto other games.
I do know that Star Trek Armada II is a very old game and that Armada I is even older. The thing is we were to choose our own game and to keep the interest up in actually doing the project and not procrastinating, we were required to chose a game that we actually like and will play. For me that isn’t much because I don’t really play games that much except the type I like and also it was required to be a computer game that isn’t new but has been around for awhile. Hence my chose of Star Trek Armada II, because besides BattleStations: Midway and Star Trek Legacy (both games I don’t want to mod or change for I like them the way they are) I chose the one game that I play that I figured needed the most work to actually look better, play better, and could actually use some tuning up without becoming a Total Conversion like Fleet Ops has done and other modifications hat totally erase the campaign missions from play.
The bottom line here, is that you'll be extremely hard pressed to find the help your requesting. One thing that may (and I stress the word "may") get you any kind of help is if you get this professor of yours to contact myself via email using their own email and not one thats via hotmail, etc.etc. and if I consider it to be authentic (baring in mind that the anonymity) of the internet can allow ANYONE to create an email and say its a particular person) then I might put some time aside to try to help.
Colleges have strict policies that their teachers abide by, because of this teachers only e-mail other teachers or respond to their students e-mails for questions on their assignments, all else goes to the spam filter and isn’t received this would happen to any e-mail that you would send my Professor, Kathleen Parker as a reply so at her request I have to tell you that “FM policy will not allow her to e-mail any outside party that isn’t associated with the college unless they are associated with another college.”
The simple fact of the matter is that just by looking at this thread and seeing that I'm the only one responding to your thread should tell you that theres either no-one else who's willing to post because they aren't posting on the forum, or they're just not bothered in helping to fix someone elses mod errors. You have to understand that to go through this mod of yours would take far more time than you realise (having been working with this game for almost as long as its around I think I have a good idea what I'm talking about).
I have noticed that you are the only posting to the thread besides me and I think that might have something to do with the events that occurred at File Fronts Forum like Zman was trying to say on the first page of the forum, I’ll quote what you said:
Okay. Thats enough. I personally don't care about Jetnova and his past problems on filefront but they will not be posted or brought onto this forum in any way shape or form. Until such time as he does cause problems here members here will refrain from posting anything about this. .....and that goes for EVERYONE here.
I say this could be the case because there was one other person before that that had offered help and then stopped posting, that person was Surma, he did want me to post a link to the mod because he could check it, but I wasn’t able to post that link because A2 Files banned me there, I can only get on at the local public library or on other computers or networks and get files and links that way. That ban has made it hard to actually check out what mods have issues and if any fixes were offered for the ones that I am using. It seems like everyone is afraid things will be the same but all along I’ve just been trying to work on my project because the day I first joined is the day the projects were handed out for my first class and from then on we had to stick with the same game for all the classes, that is another reason why I chose Star Trek Armada II and not another game, I remember when I first joined File Front’s forums and A2 Files I was receiving lots of help but when implemented it wasn’t working in the game or it would fix the problem and another one would arise, that’s why I have been way I have been there and got frustrated a lot because in class everything was moving ahead and I still was behind with one problem. The professors tried to figure out the problem but didn’t really know what coding the game was using and what was hardcoded.

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:22 pm

I fail to see how one person failing a course can fail an entire class and I've been in both college and university so I find this hard to believe. Also, and I know you won't like this response, but unless your professor is willing to give me good reason for the posting of this file then the ruling of this forum stands. This forum has a strict set of rules which the forum staff can interpret as they see fit, which includes the posting of files.

There really is no need to upload a complete installation if it requires the original cd which is needed to install the game prior to using your modification.

AFC
Site Founder
Site Founder

Post by AFC » Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:18 pm

Sorry but you can't link to cd, it is to protect this site from being listed a ware site and possible fines.

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:30 am

There really is no need to upload a complete installation if it requires the original cd which is needed to install the game prior to using your modification.
Sorry but you can't link to cd, it is to protect this site from being listed a ware site and possible fines.
AFC, I don’t fully get the whole problem with a whole file being uploaded with a CD installation of the game or the .exe file included. This is because I have downloaded some mods with the .exe file right in it already and because of this I have been able to try out the mod without even copying my installation of the game’s folder and these files have usually ended up only being installed on the desktop on my computer in a new folder. Some of these mods happen to have come from here at Armada Fleet Command and Armada 2 Files inside auto-installer mods for total conversions and some new races. Some of which are from mods that I’ve dissected to get ships or stations or even special weapons that I’ve liked from these mods. It is like posting the file without having the .exe in it because without the CD the file is useless because without the .exe, it is exactly that. When it comes to laws regarding this matter, I can easily hear them from my cousin who is a lawyer, and I have heard from him that it isn’t really a problem unless the file actually includes a CD crack version of the .exe. Either way, what about posting the files without the .exe within the file?

Alright Major Payne, now to what you are saying, I would have to say that you are confusing me here because each college has a different policy but also have contracts with companies, for example, through my college, any computer class I take (or any other student) grants us free access to complete Microsoft Downloads of any of their programs including Operating Systems such as Windows 7, all for free to the student. We have to save the download to a CD to actually be able to use it and certain ones allow for multiple installations to different computers, this means that a student can let a friend use the CD to get that program, another student or a family member, really anyone they know. What I’m getting at is that we have the privilege of being able to post files with complete installations or to share them with others. This includes companies like Activision who make games, the only difference is the downloads aren’t online to receive.
I fail to see how one person failing a course can fail an entire class and I've been in both college and university so I find this hard to believe.
I don’t know where I actually said the entire class would fail; can you quote that for me?
Also, and I know you won't like this response, but unless your professor is willing to give me good reason for the posting of this file then the ruling of this forum stands.
You might want to see above on this one. The college has received legal permissions from companies that create software or games to have the files students are working on to be posted to a third party site like www.megaupload.com. This is to make it easier for her to access them at the completion of the assignment (the same goes for the other professors that teach different sections of the same class). After all, to quote our syllabus for the class: “The way that the other professors and I that teach the Gaming Design classes require the projects to be uploaded for our access as well as your access on and off campus is to place them on a file hosting site, you can choose what one you like best but it has to be able to give you a link that you can save and be able to have e-mailed to you, you are required to share the final link in your final project in an e-mail to me so I can access the file or files. This is the link that you can also share with any community that is active with your chosen game if you have chosen to work with a game that already exists.”

I hope I have answered all of your questions because every time I have been asked for something that needs to be asked to Kathleen Parker I have to wait for her reply before I can even get back to you on all of this. I hope soon we can get back to trying to fix this project (mod) before the due date. Well either way, I’ll still be working on the same game as a continuation for Part 2 of the class in September so really there is no escaping these issues or the setbacks having to uninstall and reinstall the game and then starting over would cause.

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:18 am

Sorry jetnova. I missread your reply concerning the class failing.

As I've said, and I'll repeat myself one last time. The simple fact is, your going to be hard pressed to receive any kind of help due to the way you've put this mod together as there is a limited amount of members still posting here.

Also, and this may surprise you, but believe it or not I can actually give you an answer for the question you asked AFC (I'm sure I remember seeing "administrator" under my forum nickname so I'm positive that makes me a staff member). If you remove the Armada 2 main executable file then reupload the file and post the link then it'll be checked and if found to be fine then it'll be allowed.

You never know. I may (and when I say "may" that doesn't make it definate) take a look over it myself and see if theres anything I can do, but to playtest and bugfix a mod can take weeks and sometimes months when its from scratch.

Anyway, I think thats the best your likely to do unless a miracle happens (such as Armada 3 being created).

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:00 pm

As I've said, and I'll repeat myself one last time. The simple fact is, your going to be hard pressed to receive any kind of help due to the way you've put this mod together as there is a limited amount of members still posting here.
I know there are a few members posting here now a days and I just don’t understand why Armada 2 Files has more people there but of course they aren’t willing to even try to help me out with any of this. I have seen the comments there when at different locations like the library and I have been able to see the forums and what others right including this:
(From K_merse) - Don't worry about him, he's our always banned, always re-registered guest who tries to tell us that we don't know how to mod Armada II but he does, but he can't solve his problem so he wants us to solve it for him
I’ve also seen these on the forums there and to quote:
(From K_merse) - Oh, c'mon! He was almost polite this time Next time give him a chance. Please?
And this one is just an insult because I haven’t been on Amazon except through my Amazon Unbox Videos watching Stargate Atlantis. I would like this to be proven because guess what, I’m popular in my city and also in college, every likes my username and I’ve noticed people actually also try to use it elsewhere on the internet then I find it on sites I’ve never used or ones I use for one reason.
(From Avon) - lol, it's getting kind of easy now. He gives it away with his rantings. Yesterdays potd was a give away I've seen similar rantings on amazon from him
Now I would like to get back to the problem at hand before I continue with my reply to you Major Payne. This is because of the sudden access to www.armada2files.com that I have been able to get the link to the mod that was the Klingon Dilithium Refinery before I fixed the modders (Operative34997)’s “X” hardpoints in the ODF file. The one I uploaded to Mega Upload and posted the link to was the one that I edited/fixed trying to fix the crashing problems caused by it on my own. Here is the original link to the mod. http://armada2.filefront.com/file/Kling ... nery;30950

Now back to everything else.
Also, and this may surprise you, but believe it or not I can actually give you an answer for the question you asked AFC (I'm sure I remember seeing "administrator" under my forum nickname so I'm positive that makes me a staff member). If you remove the Armada 2 main executable file then re-upload the file and post the link then it'll be checked and if found to be fine then it'll be allowed.
Sorry about that Major Payne, I was only trying to reply directly to AFC on that one because of his post. I thought I referred you to that question to answer one of yours, sorry if I didn’t. I have created a new upload to be placed on megaupload without the .exe. (Note does a thumbs file belong in the main directory of the Armada II Game?). I will post the link to this file after I have it uploaded, I think it might meet your approval.

Here is a new link to the upload of my Armada II install without the .exe file.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CRUN1C0R

Also here is one other link, this one you can remove if you wish, its alright with me. This is a zip file conatining all of the mods that I am using except there aren't one in that file from a mod called Tactical Assualt that I was thinking about using by changing the weapons to match the others in the game already.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D3AQJFIJ

*Please note that these downloads might be extensive and still take time to download because of the amount of files with them.*
You never know. I may (and when I say "may" that doesn't make it definate) take a look over it myself and see if theres anything I can do, but to playtest and bugfix a mod can take weeks and sometimes months when its from scratch. Anyway, I think thats the best your likely to do unless a miracle happens (such as Armada 3 being created).
I’m hopeful that you might take a look at my mod to help me find the errors. I know that you have a lot to do yourself but from the mods that I have used by you and tried (like Borg Incursion) I would have to say that your work is great and I was hoping that I could be as good as you are but I don’t think I could ever be.

Lastly, my thought of a Star Trek Armada III is that it probably won’t be created at least not yet. That’s why I choose Armada II for my Game Design class. I want to make what could be considered a contender for a Fan Created Star Trek Armada III game. As a result I have a belief that a new Armada game should have a lot more ships and stations along with better graphics. This has been my goal since I first started my game design classes. I have a partial story line in the works also set for the Fourth Campaign Mission, I plan on making this new campaign by replacing the Tutorials with it. Of course this would be done separately in a created back up of the working mod. The good thing is the campaign addition is a part for Part 2 of Kathleen Parker’s class starting in September.

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:04 am

I hope everything is alright with the upload file I posted. I was wondering if anyone knows where to find this ship that looks pretty cool and this Dominion Shipyard, it was seen in DS9.

http://www.shipschematics.net/startrek/ ... minion.jpg This is an Assualt Cruiser for the Dominion using both Dominion ship and Cardassian ship parts.

I wouldn't mind adding that ship to my game along with the Shipyard seen below.

http://www.shipschematics.net/startrek/ ... ipyard.jpg This is what is known as Monac Station.

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:36 am

I keep wondering if anyone is actually looking at this posting anymore or if people still even play this game because I don't see anyone online to even play against, even though my game is still experiencing these crashing errors I keep mentioning.

I have a few more questions to ask.
1) What is it that makes some Star Trek Armada I ships and stations work in Star Trek Armada II well others don't? I ask this because I almost want to add some pretty cool looking Armada I units into my game if its at all possible. If so, what files would need tweaking or editing, what in the ODF files?

2) My other question involves making two or more mods compatible with each other. I know its possible because I have seen a few mods that I have downloaded holding mods that I have been told will not work together at all and they are working just fine together. This makes me thing that files were tweaked to get the desired result. So for what I'm trying to say is what files do I need to tweak to get Vanilla Ultimate 2.0.0 to work with the Patch Project's 1.2.5 Patch for Star Trek Armada II. There are some interesting aspects to the game from the patch that I have tried in an unmodded version of the game and it would be perfect if they could be incorporated into my mod. One of these things is the “Max Buildable” feature and other ships besides the Galaxy-class being able to separate because this means some ships like the Intrepid Class and the USS Voyager can use their Armor Special Weapon.

Does anyone have any ideas how to do this type of modding or at least know what files to edit? This will allow me to get the same effect using Vanilla Ultimate since that does add many great aspects to the game already.

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:37 pm

1) The only specific feature is that Armada 1 does not the use alpha channel lightmaps that Armada 2 uses. If you try to load an Armada 2 model using the Armada 1 SOD editor you will see the white "SOD OFF" error box. Armada 1 models are fully compatible with both games, but models converted to Armada 1/2 cross compatible format will not have light maps. All you really need is to copy/paste the hardpoint number references from the Armada 1 ODF file to the Armada 2 ODF file you plan to use. Thats why my new Armada 1 mod uses many of the model/texture assets from my BIVR project which is for Armada 2.

2) Making mods compatible with each other can be time consuming and in some cases difficult. In most cases you need primarily the SOD and textures files obviously. You also need the ODF hardpoint reference numbers. You may also need the build button and wireframe TGA's as well. You would need to manually edit the other support files that each new ship or station requires. As for the 1.2.5 patch. You are better off building a mod around that and not the other way around. That way you'll have a much cleaner mod with less possibility of problems showing.

Even using a base mod that someone else has started could give you immediate problems. Firstly, your not going to know the whole process they used for adding ships and stations. They may have minor or major bugs in their mod which they never found or fixed. Secondly, with a previously created mod you have no control over the base setup and changing even one file can cause problems to surface. Thats why many modders tend to use the necessary assets and build their own mod from scratch. In the 10 years or so I've been modding the only serious crashing bug I've had is the Species 8472 bug which has never been fixed.

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:19 pm

1) The only specific feature is that Armada 1 does not the use alpha channel lightmaps that Armada 2 uses. If you try to load an Armada 2 model using the Armada 1 SOD editor you will see the white "SOD OFF" error box. Armada 1 models are fully compatible with both games, but models converted to Armada 1/2 cross compatible format will not have light maps. All you really need is to copy/paste the hardpoint number references from the Armada 1 ODF file to the Armada 2 ODF file you plan to use. Thats why my new Armada 1 mod uses many of the model/texture assets from my BIVR project which is for Armada 2.
If I understand you correctly Major Payne, mods created for Armada I will work fine with their sods, but reversing them backwards (mods for Armada II). If the mod is already made for Armada I and I chose to put it in my Armada II mod I think from what you’re saying it will show up or is that when I’ll get a SOD error?
*Another thing, I happen to like some of the new stations that you have in BIVR, you might find them in my uploaded file on Mega Upload. That reminds me, is the newest link posted alright since it doesn’t have the .exe file?*
2) Making mods compatible with each other can be time consuming and in some cases difficult. In most cases you need primarily the SOD and textures files obviously. You also need the ODF hardpoint reference numbers. You may also need the build button and wireframe TGA's as well. You would need to manually edit the other support files that each new ship or station requires. As for the 1.2.5 patch. You are better off building a mod around that and not the other way around. That way you'll have a much cleaner mod with less possibility of problems showing.
I have been able to combine mods like your “Borg Incursion Vital Responses (BIVR)” into my mod project and also models from “The Art of War” mods. Only thing I’ve done for those mods is to change the weapons because the information in the Weapons.spr files seem to be the same and or alittle harder to find. Finding the SODs and Texture files were the easy part for me.

Is this a possible way to test the Patch Project 1.2.5 Patch with Vanilla Ultimate to try to find what makes them incompatible and try fixing the two? Copy a back-up file that is unmodded with only the game installed and Vanilla Ultimate and then add in the Patch Project and play the game? I kind of wish I could talk to Freyr about Vanilla Ultimate to learn about why the Patch Project 1.2.5 Patch and Vanilla Ultimate aren’t compatible, the problem for me is I can’t contact him through File Front, A2files, and I haven’t been able to get an e-mail back from him. Could you possibly help me out with that? Because of this being a class project I can’t just start over to choose one or the other to mod. I also in my proposal for class stating what I was going to do, I stated I was going to incorporate Vanilla Ultimate and the Patch Project 1.2.5 Patch together to make the game as best as it could possibly be. I know I maybe setting myself up for a harder project but by the end of the Fall Semester with Part 2 of the class ending I should have found a way to have the two mods working together.
Even using a base mod that someone else has started could give you immediate problems. Firstly, your not going to know the whole process they used for adding ships and stations. They may have minor or major bugs in their mod which they never found or fixed. Secondly, with a previously created mod you have no control over the base setup and changing even one file can cause problems to surface. Thats why many modders tend to use the necessary assets and build their own mod from scratch. In the 10 years or so I've been modding the only serious crashing bug I've had is the Species 8472 bug which has never been fixed.
I thought I was building my model from scratch. I have been in contact from the beginning with a modder named Toto, he has offered to actually do my mod for me to even incorporate things that might not work together. I of course declined that offer and have been in contact with him still. He introduced me to Mega Upload to send him my completed mod so he could beta test it and locate and solve the bugs. Many of the problems I’ve had he said are easy fixes and not to worry about them, that all I need to do is to continue adding what I want to use and then upload the file and send it to him. The only problem is that its harder to test out ships with certain crashes happening.
*All I can say is that I might most likely have the same problem as your Species 8472 error that might never be solved and fixed. At times like that when I think about something like that, I wish that I was part of a modding team or had a few others that actually played this game in my class to help out. Its at the point where if some modders offered to help me and work as a team I’d take the offer if I was still able to do some of the work too.*

*** Also because of the way things happened at File Front, A2files and MSFC, I was wondering about what other Star Trek Armada II modding sites there are. Maybe if I’m lucky there could be other modders there too. Maybe if other sites exist, maybe I could end up finding some mods that could help some more. ***

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:55 am

Armada 1 models will work with both games without reconverting them. Models for Armada 2 will require reconverting to work with Armada 1. The link to your new download was checked by me and is fine. I still see little point to uploading all but the main EXE file when uploading just the modded files makes life easier.

The best way to install any mod is as follows:

- Armada 2 itself
- Armada 2 v1.1 official update
- Patch Project v1.2.5

Then install any mod your using. Doing it that way round will minimise any possible problems.

As for websites. You may be well out of luck. Aside from this one and the two you've mentioned I've not seen any other websites that deal with Armada in any way. All I can suggest on that is keep looking.

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:55 am

Armada 1 models will work with both games without reconverting them. Models for Armada 2 will require reconverting to work with Armada 1. The link to your new download was checked by me and is fine. I still see little point to uploading all but the main EXE file when uploading just the modded files makes life easier.

The best way to install any mod is as follows:

- Armada 2 itself
- Armada 2 v1.1 official update
- Patch Project v1.2.5

Then install any mod your using. Doing it that way round will minimise any possible problems.
I’m glad my link to my download is acceptable. I only have uploaded all of the files that come with it because I’m not sure what files are part of Vanilla Ultimate in the main directory. As I said about using Vanilla Ultimate is because of the graphics and the game play that it changes. This is because I don’t know fully what mods actually are incorporated in that and I don’t have the time because of class to locate all the downloads involved. You offered good advice on the order to install everything and if this wasn’t a class project I’d actually do it that way, in fact, I actually did follow that order but where the 1.2.5 Patch is, that was Vanilla Ultimate.

By any chance has anyone tried the files that I’ve uploaded? Does the Mining Stations for each race crash in Instant Action games when its played on other computers? I still haven’t seen it happen in the Campaign Missions yet. Anyone that tries the downloads don’t have to attempt to fix it themselves, they could tell me what files could be involved or what I might need to change.

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:11 am

This is a screenshot taken using the error reporting tool that comes with the Patch Project 1.2.5 Patch. This is the moment the game actually crashes, but the ODF Files for all mining stations have been checked with no errors found. The only time the error doens't happen in the Campaign Missions but not in Instant Action.

http://www.freewebs.com/jetnova16/apps/ ... d=92114262
*Please note, the site this links to is a website I created for my own personal use.*

I also now have a .ZIP File that also has the 1.2.5 Patch installed into my Star Trek Armada II Mod but its a back up to test the patch with Vanilla Ultimate to try and figure out how they aren't compatible. I still have the previous available upload on my computer, that is the one that is still being modded.

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:25 pm

With it getting closer and closer to the classes deadline to have this part of the assigment done and ready to be handed in on August 11 2010, I might have to submit everything without the crashing errors fixed and for the time between August 11th and classes begin on September 5th for its a community college. For that time I'm going to try and figure out what is happening with the game.

In the mean time, there has been a nice Dominion Shipyard that was showed for two days in a row as the POTD at www.armada2files.com and I can't even figure out what mod that it appears in and I would really like to know so that I can replce the Dominion Shipyard in Dominion Ultimate with it because I like it better.

http://armada2.filefront.com/potd/128777