HELP Armada II, kmining Station Problem, Back-up 1 crashes 2

Talk here about any Star Trek Game you play.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Good News

Post by jetnova16 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:52 pm

:D I just wanted to report that I figured out the Mining Station crashing error for all the races, but not my other crashing errors. I decided to try something after finding it in the Klingon Mining Station that originally crashed the game, all Dilithium Mining Facilities for all the stock races were given the extra resource to handle that was with that mod, "Metal" I didn't think about removing that code thinking it would work, I also think you may have not noticed it in the file that I posted, but after I removed that code, the stations didn't crash the game in instant action any more, I guess the code was blocked out (like some others) in the campaign missions that why it wasn't affected. Even though the freighters for all the races aren't crashing the game, I am going to remove the Metal Mining Beam from them as well. I am surprised that I didn't think that that could be the problem with the station, but I'm glad I tried the hunch I was having. Thank you again for all of your help and I'll keep you posted with any new crashes that I experience in the game. :D

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

New Crashing Problems

Post by jetnova16 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:09 am

I would like to report that I am still having certain crashing errors happening in my mod for Star Trek Armada II. Since class will be ending soon, this week to be exact, I am now starting to work on this for when classes begin again in September. I am though willing to have alittle help from members of modding teams or to get a few modders together to create my own modding team for working on this mod.

If this modding team can come together, through e-mail, here or on another site, each person can be responsible for testing one race and play against the same race as everyone else, Species 8472; this will mean making them another playable race instead of them doing nothing and being subtracted from the available races. Also how many races are allowed in Star Trek Armada II?

And would an ODF file like this Race File Interfere with that number in some way when certain races aren't playable?

numberOfRaces = 12
race0 = "borg.odf"
race1 = "fed.odf"
race2 = "kling.odf"
race3 = "rom.odf"
race4 = "card.odf"
//race5 = "species8472.odf"
race5 = "tholian.odf"
race6 = "reman.odf"
// this for a certain reman special weapon
race7 = "terran.odf"
race8 = "vulcan.odf"
race9 = "dominion.odf"
race10 = "breen"
// this one is 'uninhabited' for planets
race11 = "norace.odf"

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:42 pm

Since I created this thread for only the Mining Station Problem that was in my game, it might now be time to end this one or to actually continue it with any other problems that might fall to the Klingon Race.