Armada 1 & Vista

Talk here about any Star Trek Game you play.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

DavidClarinette
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Armada 1 & Vista

Post by DavidClarinette » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:33 pm

I dont sem to have an ODF directory. Also my save games dont have in the the program files directory. Where did vista put all these files??

xzenox7
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by xzenox7 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:48 pm

Armada 1 itself hides all of its .odf files. The best way around this is to download the Armada 1 .odf files from this site's download section.

Also, in Armada 1, the .odf files go in the addon folder.

For the saved game issue, I am unsure. I had similar problems with vista. I can tell you that you should move the files you wish to mod out of the program files folder before you begin modding them, because of some sort of security feature that Vista and Windows 7 has on it to prevent saving directly to anything in the Program Files folder. I learned this the hard way!!

Hope this helps!
All of my questions are for Armada 1!

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:10 pm

For both of your questions, I have found that Vista has nothing to do with the files you are mentioning. The ODF files are in the addon folder for Armada I.

As for the saved games, in your programs foldder/Activison/StarTrek-Armada there is a file called "Compatibility Files" (its in the tool bar area for the Armada Directory itself, the bars that you get automatically in any file/folder you open. Mine says: Organize, View, Burn and then Compatibility Files). Don't ever delete the files in this folder, this is your saved games and any other file that you edited. The same is the case for Armada II with this file.

For modding both Star Trek Armada I and Armada II on Vista, select your Star Trek Armada I & II directories, right click and take the files off of the Read Only format. Or to make it easier, copy the file you want to edit to the desktop, make a change and save it, then paste it back into the folder you copied it from and overwrite the original. Now you should be able to edit the file in its directroy file. It works for me and now I can edit any construction ship, starbase or shipyard right in the game directory on my Vista Harddrive.