Trouble with maps Armada 1

Talk here about any Star Trek Game you play.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Energizerman
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Trouble with maps Armada 1

Post by Energizerman » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:58 pm

So I just got Armada running on my XP and Win7 laptops and they're both shutting down when I opt to change the map.

I've downloaded a few map packs as well as the one that came with the game download.

I've installed all the service packs and am wondering if its the maps, me, systems, the program files I downloaded, or (hopefully) something in-between.

I was just trying to have an instant access game with a computer and it only loads the standard map.

EDIT: Googling star trek armada map select freeze glitch just brings up the patches of which I have 1.2 and 1.3.

Any help possible is greatly appreciated.

fuller
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by fuller » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:35 am

Try running the game without the add ons, see if it worsks then. if it does you know what the problem is. if not try one of the other patches on Armada II files.

Tommygun_BoG
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Tommygun_BoG » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:34 pm

Had the same problem several years ago.
The problem is the map's bitmap which shows up on the instant action screen. Many of those bitmaps have the wrong format, meaning they are saved as 32-bit bitmap and not 24-bit bitmap.
Open the bitmap in MS Paint and overwrite the existing one using 24bit bitmap. This should work.

fuller
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by fuller » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:46 pm

Ah, thats interesting. never thought of that, nice work Tommygun