Controlling ship AI behavior?

Talk here about any Star Trek Game you play.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

napseeker
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Controlling ship AI behavior?

Post by napseeker » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:41 pm

I'm making a small Armada2 mod and have given my starbase the ability to build a small ship that I would like it to hang around near the base so it can defend the base when the enemy attacks.

Is there any way I can define the ship's behavior in the ODF so that I tell it not to move too far from its initial build point? If I'm playing the game, I know I can click on the "brain" button and set the movement autonomy to very low so that the ship won't wander off or chase after passing enemy ships, I just want it to stick close to its starbase. But how do i specify this AI movement behavior in the ODF? Is it possible?

limon36
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Re: Controlling ship AI behavior?

Post by limon36 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:54 pm

yes for green, yellow, red alert, but I don't know about the movement! defaultgreenalert=1

napseeker
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by napseeker » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:09 am

Thanks I'll give that a try. I found the wiki for armada modding, I see it defines the defaultgreenalert as "This stops the ship from chasing other ships when a friendly unit in it’s area is attacked, so that this ship does not go wandering off chasing enemies "

limon36
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by limon36 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:43 am

I just know more codes than the starbase34.net armada mod know about. Just because I know basic C, HTML, Java progarming.