Stonghold 2

Any Games game you play including Play Station X-Box and Nintendo 64 ect...

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Harrie
Commander
Commander

Stonghold 2

Post by Harrie » Thu May 26, 2005 12:31 am

I was looking at this game today but couldn't deside whether to buy it or not. Does anyone here play it? What do you think?
The Roman Empire did not create prosperity and come to be feared by having meetings and doing paperwork; they did this by killing all who opposed them.

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Re: Stonghold 2

Post by Elrond » Thu May 26, 2005 1:11 am

Harrie wrote:I was looking at this game today but couldn't deside whether to buy it or not. Does anyone here play it? What do you think?

I play the game. For the first couple of days, however, it's very very hard to get the hang of it. There are a ton of resources and stuff to remember to do when building the castle. The graphics are great, the campaigns are great but tough as can be, and it's quite fun. I'd recommend Stronghold 2. I haven't bought Battle for Middle Earth yet. I've been meaning to for the last three months, but never got around to it. LOL
Dead

Harrie
Commander
Commander

Post by Harrie » Thu May 26, 2005 10:00 am

Then there is another game, something like Act of War. I wanted to get it but the thing would eat my computer and spit it out. It needs something like 6 gigs of free harddirve space and 512 ram.
The Roman Empire did not create prosperity and come to be feared by having meetings and doing paperwork; they did this by killing all who opposed them.

sgtrevill
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by sgtrevill » Thu May 26, 2005 2:59 pm

Ive got Stronghold 2, it is a great game, its difficalt to begin with, as you have to manage almost everything, from food, resoses (wood, iron and stone) theres also Rats to get rid of, and ppls "waste", Crime is also something for you to deal with, and you have to do all that as well as make sure you have honer (get by josting, danceing and eatting) and gold so you can build your army.

Its a very challegeing game, i would recommend that you get the demo from gamespot and then deside for yourself.

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Thu May 26, 2005 6:34 pm

sgtrevill wrote:Ive got Stronghold 2, it is a great game, its difficalt to begin with, as you have to manage almost everything, from food, resoses (wood, iron and stone) theres also Rats to get rid of, and ppls "waste", Crime is also something for you to deal with, and you have to do all that as well as make sure you have honer (get by josting, danceing and eatting) and gold so you can build your army.

Its a very challegeing game, i would recommend that you get the demo from gamespot and then deside for yourself.

Yeah definitely - that's the game in a nutshell. Hard as hell to begin with. It's hard to remove the waste from the castle and remove rats and stuff. Real tough stuff.
Dead

sgtrevill
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by sgtrevill » Fri May 27, 2005 2:23 pm

To get rid of waste you need those bog things and to get rid of the rats you need falconers, but there the most likely of the two to turn to crime

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Fri May 27, 2005 2:31 pm

Yeah, that's what happens with me - then you have to have guard towers for that - and it seems lots of them. :P
Dead

sgtrevill
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by sgtrevill » Fri May 27, 2005 2:36 pm

yeah i know, you need to put at least for guards around your food granery

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Fri May 27, 2005 2:37 pm

And then you try and place the fourth and then you have to worry about "wood needed." :lol: Pretty good game though - very complex, but I sure do love it!
Dead

whohaw15
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by whohaw15 » Sat May 28, 2005 12:14 am

i would like to take this time to recommend battle for middle earth. its a good game with the graphics and the complex ai (at least in the later lvls), a moderate amount of resources to manage, its nice that u keep your upgrade troops, etc. also what do u all think of perimeter?

Firefly1
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year
Location: in the land of nowhere next to the land of somewhere but not as close as the land of neither here no

Post by Firefly1 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:34 am

How differant is it from the origonal stronghold i've got that.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:47 pm

I know one thing, there's a whole bunch more to deal with. You have to have waste taken care of or the people leave your kingdom. If you don't get rid of the rats in the castle, the people will start leaving. However, there are some cooler things like rolling logs and dropping stones on the enemy.

I personally use the rolling logs and dropping stones on people inside the kingdom just to laugh at them. Burning them all is pretty funny too. :lol:
Dead