Galactic Civilizations 2.

Any Games game you play including Play Station X-Box and Nintendo 64 ect...

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Epytron_Omega
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Galactic Civilizations 2.

Post by Epytron_Omega » Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:04 am

Hello all,

I recently purchased this game, and thought to myself, 'can it be modded?' and the answer to this is yes it can. Im not sure how just yet, Im gonan look into it after playing the game for a bit, it got a 5 out of 5 from X-Play, thats why I got it, so I want to play it before i mod it... I will keep you updated.

EO

EDIT: To prevent from double posting, I got lost in the game, really I did... its absolutly fantastic... and I also have everything I need to import ships into the game, and first up was a trial run with the Wells Class. I have a pic of it in the game, and I will show you, its just a pic of it in the ship editor, but this got me thinking... The game is turn based, which most people dont like, but it has a really nice touch to it, what about making a star trek mod for the game? I know how it sounds, oh great another trek mod for a different game, but think of it like this... you can build your own starship... from the hull up... for instance, say I wanted to build a defiant subclass, like the serpent, I choose that style of hull, with a certain number of hardpoints to build things off of, and then I add say the warp nacelles which could be any range of style, and then I add weapons and such and build them.... now mind you this is just an idea, and it would be insame of me to take on ROTE and this new mod for a different game at the same time... but it would be so much fun... anyway, here is a pic of the Wells class in the editor.

EO
Life is what you make it.

Darklight
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Darklight » Wed May 24, 2006 8:18 am

I have this game! Oh nice a Wells-class ship!
Tuvok: "We're not building a 'hot-rod' Mister Paris."
Paris: "That's excatly what we are building an ultra-aerodynamic, ultra-responsive hot-rod!"

EnigmaX
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by EnigmaX » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:14 pm

Very good game even better than the first Gal/Civ