Star Trek New Worlds

Any Games game you play including Play Station X-Box and Nintendo 64 ect...

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

graviton
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Star Trek New Worlds

Post by graviton » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:50 pm

I have a copy of the game Star Trek New Worlds. It's not a bad game - it has a few flaws but what the heck. The problem is, I can't install it on Windows XP. I think that it worked on my old Windows 98 machine, so it probably isn't ment to work on XP, but if anyone has it working on Windows XP, can you tell me so I can see whats wrong?

uss_capital
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by uss_capital » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:58 pm

i think you can make it compatable in the right click/properties , i have this but cannot find it to see whats what sorry

graviton
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by graviton » Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:07 pm

I'll see what I can do with the version stuff in properties, I can't remember if I tried that already but I'll take a look.

graviton
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by graviton » Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:31 pm

I just tried to install it, it wasn't even on my harddrive lol but when I tried to start installation I got an error message that gives me the idea that it doesn't like Windows XP :wink: . This was the message, if it interests you.
(message inside <>)

<C>

<Close> <Ignore>

(sorry, error message wont copy and paste properly, the first part is a hard drive address C \ system32 \ autoexec.nt, and the second part just said that the system file is not suitable for running ms - dos and microsoft
windows apps. Then it gave me a choice of pressing close or ignore, both close the installer)

I think that I'll just leave it be for now, I'm not really in any real rush to play it as I just remembered that it doesn't have a save and I don't really feel like spending half a day just to get wiped out by klingons :wink: