Armada 3 petition

Our General Discussion Forum. This is the main forum of AFC, and is used for talking about just about anything you like ... Please, do not advertise, 'spam' or 'flame' in this forum.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Thopok
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Thopok » Sun Mar 14, 2004 2:45 am

SquireJames wrote:Sorry to say this geddes but you've got about as much chance of convincing activision with this as you have winning the Grand Prix Championship in a Skoda.

However if you want to play a game that is what A2 should have been, get Haegemonia:Legions of Iron. its not star trek but imagine BOTFs Strategy, with the RTS combat of something like a simplfied SFC (so kinda like DW) and the graphics of Freelancer.

All for a tenner at game

Squire James
So in other words, we're all stupid for even trying. Hey I've got an idea... Humor us. Sign the thing. Even if it does nothing, it won't have wasted much of your time. But on the off chance something does come of the petition, we'll all be very glad that each and every person here signed it.
Member of the Mercenary Alliance modding group.
Current projects:

1) STvsSW fix. (Done)
2) STvsSW addon. (10% complete)

Cpt_Geddes
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Cpt_Geddes » Sun Mar 14, 2004 4:10 am

Come on people it only takes a few minutes to vote. Surely a few minutes is worth A3.

Captain_H
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Captain_H » Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:37 pm

I was finally able to get on the site and I have signed the petition.
Check out my Myspace page (still a work in progress but anyways)
http://www.myspace.com/captainh6440

Bombermangba
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Bombermangba » Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:57 pm

Rom1321
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Rom1321 » Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:21 am

281 pp have signed it! :D

RoDz
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by RoDz » Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:31 pm

Me 2 signed the petition and put it on the messageboard of the UNO clan, this clan is good for 50 signatures!!

(UNO) LorÐ RoÐz ™
I'm a member of the UNO clan (Ultimate New Order).A multigamer clan with over 75 members and still growing!We play BF1942,Armada1,EF, BC,JK2 and more. We communicate with TS, use the rankingsystem of Star Wars.We're seated @ http://unoclan.tripod.com

cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 » Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:43 pm

can u guys plz do more than just post numbers plzs :)

linksus
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by linksus » Sat Apr 03, 2004 1:31 pm

405 vote ALL "we need it now"
Dont try it bub

Josh
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Josh » Sat Apr 03, 2004 7:16 pm

I signed the petition also - I guess I speak for most (or all) of us when I say that I am looking forward to a possibility of an Armada 3 game. I hope in the 3rd game that they add a fusion cube that can also separate - that would be neat. Also, I think that they could have a history of starfleet mission pack in which it starts from the beginning of the Federation and goes into the mid-25th century (that's hoping for a lot). With that, ships used in earlier missions could become obselete in following missions. It would be cool if ships could become obselete right in the middle of a mission so that all older ships would have a certain amount of time that they could survive. For instance, as a ship ages, it must either be refit or its capacity (shields, engines, weapons,etc) will decrease over time. Also, if gaming technology greatly increased, maps could become larger and planets would appear much larger than stations. Also (again) starbases and ships could go into orbit of planets when they are a certain distance away. Another possibility is for when ships are destroyed to produce a junkyard-like effect (instead of completely disappearing from the map). Lastly, when ships/stations took on hull damage, torpedo holes and burns would appear on the ship - where they were hit! Those were just a few of my ideas. With so many possibilities for ideas in the Armada world, one would have to think that the Armada series must continue! Sorry if I was supposed to post a new forum on ideas for Armada 3 - I just thought these ideas sound so cool.

linksus
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by linksus » Sun Apr 04, 2004 10:20 am

i escaly like teh idea of teh obselite part it is more or less true

421 have signed it
Dont try it bub

Josh
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Josh » Sun Apr 04, 2004 3:56 pm

thanks - it would be a great way for Armada 3 to improve on armada 2!

Majestic
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Majestic » Sun Apr 04, 2004 6:48 pm

Only a couple weeks ago i signed it. I was no#80.

This number has risen quite fast in these couple of weeks.

Trickster
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Trickster » Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:12 am

Armada 3 is a bad idea. People will compare it to the two previous games. All you want is another RTS game with a different name so it won't be compared and people won't have certain expectations from it.

I can't see Paramount/Viacom not issuing a gaming license again. So sooner or later there will be more games and more than likely one of the first games will be an RTS game.

Twitch
Commander
Commander

Post by Twitch » Tue Apr 06, 2004 1:28 am

It's at 448 sigs now. I take exeption to anyone who says Activision didn't listen to fans. Many things incorporated into A2 were lamented over on wish lists from A1. The producer and other personell from Activision and Mad Doc answered questions openly on the Activision forums. There are many, many games that can't be modded and fan forums never hear shiit from the people involved in creation. Activision never had to make plain language files or converse with fans but they did thankfully.