Star Trek XI Announced

The place where serious discussions can take place.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

xxxxx
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by xxxxx » Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:10 pm

Well i heard that by season 7 of voyager, the cast were board of it, Kate Mulgrew said that the series was hard work. So they decided to give voyager a rest. But a voyager movie based on homecoming or the farther shore(Books continuing the voyager story) would be good.

Cpt_Geddes
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Cpt_Geddes » Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:19 pm

I think it should be about TNG, DS9 and VOY. But if it is about ENT then it shouldn't be ST XI. Anyway I'll beleive that there will be a XI when its announced officially.

Straxus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Straxus » Wed Apr 28, 2004 6:42 pm

I would prefer a DS9 movie myself. I am not opposed to an Enterprise based movie but seems really too soon for one. (as at least at the moment it is still going as a TV series)
Though something more interesting should be done. Find the actors from TNG, VOY and DS9 who are available/want to do another movie, and make one based on an amalgamation of these "reassigned" crew members on a new ship (not called Enterprise).
Well its hopeful dreaming... but anything is possble.
Today's People are Tomorrows Fossil Fuels - Dion Williams

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:21 pm

That'd be cool,

its just a shame that the Deep Space Nine Characters and other Voyager Characters asked to Camo in Star Trek Nemesis were too busy

I think

the actors and actress' that played O'Brien, the EMH, Seven of Nine, Kira Neras and Ensign Ro were all asked to camo but only Whoopi Goldburg [Guinan] Wil Wheaton [Wesley Chrusher] and Kate Mulgrew [Kathryn Janeway] were available

Ad'

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:22 pm

I still think that on Nemesis, Denatra should have been Sela though as it'd been a reconized figure and would have been interesting to see the relasionship between her and the Enterprise Crew and give the film an added sense of "Nemesis" but yeah, my thoughs ne how :)

Ad

Josh
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Josh » Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:24 am

I agree with majestic in that I hope the ST XI is not an ENT-era film but a continuation into the 2380's! If they have to do so, they can begin to phase out TNG for DS9 if Ds9 was willing to do a movie. A mix of characters would be the best way to go.

Josh
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Josh » Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:25 am

Actually, what I'd really like to see is Riker's USS Titan on the big screen - get the Titan involved in a new movie!

xxxxx
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by xxxxx » Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:40 am

StarTrek:Titan would be a cool name, but Berman said that it was a pre-quil. And would every body stop sayin that if it is then it shouldnt be startrek XI. The reason it is called StarTrekXI is because it is the 11th film in the series. It doesnt matter if it comes before tng or after, it will be the 11th film in the series.

As for Voyager, i think that they have missed the boat. Robert Duncan McNeil is losing his hair, Kate Mulgrew and Robert Picardo have loads of stage work planned and Tim Russ is concentrating on his music. If im right Jeri Ryan is on some law series. Every day they grow older and futher away from their charactors.

And as for Ds9, after the last episode they destroyed all the sets, No part of the station sets were kept in tact.

The biggest mistake that Berman and Braga could do is have a film with a completely new crew. That will not go down well with the fans.

As for a film with mixed cast, chances are that its not going to happen. Its near impossible to have different cast members meet up without having a story as bad as Generations. Its a good thought, but the fate of the Voyager crew was decided in Homecoming and the farther shore (Very good books by Christie Golden). I heard rumours that Bashir was replacing Crusher and Ezri was replacing Troi in some up coming book. So theres always the possibility.

Josh
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Josh » Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:33 pm

Berman's calling the punches once again - sounds like another Generations all over again! :lol: If they do a prequel, hopefully it doesn't meet with the "Star Wars Effect." :D What I was thinking was something involving the TNG crew along with the Titan - not just the Titan's crew. Some of the people from Deep Space Nine and Voyager are, I agree, way too far from their characters now. I'm just used to seeing the TNG crew in the trek movies and I haven't seen Enterprise that much. What I have seen from Enterprise was no doubt good and could possibly succeed on the big screen, but I don't think I could be so sure about the risks if I personally was making the call. :roll: But, if they have a good plot, acting, action, drama, soundtrack, etc. for the movie, maybe it will be a good movie. :?
I guess it would have a chance since the more recent trek films (Generations, Insurrection, some say Nemesis) were not so great. If Paramount can pull it off, the new movie hopefully will attract new viewers - I guess it's not all that likely either way that the new movie can single-handedly boost the franchise. It could sink the franchise, but not radically boost it! The Enterprise series may have the best chance of reversing some of the problems with trek since it is the only thing the franchise is working on besides the movie. And when I say it has the best chance, it still doesn't have that good of a chance :( , but it's a chance worth taking. That means keeping the series around for at least another two or three seasons so it can end in honor, hopefully. All I can say about Berman is not to mess this movie up! :x

Cpt_Geddes
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Cpt_Geddes » Fri Apr 30, 2004 12:58 am

Has ST: XI been officially anounced or is it a rumour? I haven't seen anything on ST.com.

xxxxx
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by xxxxx » Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:38 am

Rick Berman anounced that he was working on it. He said that he was still writing it. And dont trust startrek.com it wont be announced until the cast and director have been picked. From what ive heard, paramount havent given the go ahead yet.

Straxus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Straxus » Fri Apr 30, 2004 5:01 pm

Well they did keep some of the stuff from DS9 sets, they stashed it away in the Voyager studio...collecting dust. However after Voyager ended who knows now...
Today's People are Tomorrows Fossil Fuels - Dion Williams

Atlantis
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Atlantis » Fri Apr 30, 2004 5:23 pm

Argh, an Enterprise flim. Put it this way.... NO.

If they do a Romulan way flim its gonna be like "oh Enterprise is going to save the day yet again". The Romulan War ended when 9 warships (NONE of which were called Enterprise) attacked and destroyed the Romulan command starbase.

But NOW, its going to be Enterprise, and maybe a couple of Intrepid-types or Neptune-classes flying in and destroying some Romulan super-ship, which has a BIG gun which can destroy Earth. And even then the Intrepids/Neptunes would be nearly destroyed, and the Romulan leader would probably be a clone of Arch.... hmm, this seems familiar, does it not?

Cpt_Geddes
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Cpt_Geddes » Sat May 01, 2004 1:22 am

I didn't know there were any cannon details about the romulan war other than the dates it ended and started.

xxxxx
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by xxxxx » Sat May 01, 2004 1:38 am

Atlantis is refering to the book starfleet year one. Which i will add is NOT part of the startrek time line.Enterprise dosn't follow the same events, the starting time of the war and the way it ends will be the same. I dont believe that it will be an enterprise film anyway, its way too soon.