Star Trek XI Announced

The place where serious discussions can take place.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

Cpt_Geddes
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Cpt_Geddes » Sat May 01, 2004 5:06 am

I like ENT but even I think an ENT movie is a bad idea. I'd like to se a DS9 movie more.

Josh
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Josh » Sat May 01, 2004 5:27 am

Cut and plain, I can't see the next movie being Enterprise - it would probably be a bad idea.

xxxxx
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by xxxxx » Sat May 01, 2004 6:25 am

Like everybody who has posted a message before you has said, it is way too soon to have a movie about enterprise, and i'll say again, after what you leave behind, the sets for deep space nine were demolished and there is no plan for a film. Plus Berman said that the next film will be a pre-quil.

Alohaman
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Alohaman » Sun May 02, 2004 5:50 am

Enterprise is just hanging on for a fourth season because of the fans, why would they try to make a movie about it, its not going to attract more fans if that is what they are thinking.

I stick by my descision of making it a TMP based movie, those ships were so cool and detailed and there is an 80 year gap between TMP and TNG. This would be a worthy enough movie to carry name Star Trek. Enterprise is way too early.
"He who laughs last, thinks slowest."

"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Sun May 02, 2004 7:01 am

I think it is likely they will do like a Star Trek IV and Star Trek VIII and go back in time from future date

As long as they dont rip of lines like:

"Are you sure I cannot change your mind?"
"Is there something wrong with the one I have"

"Can you tell us were the Nuclear 'w'essels are in Alamida"

Or scenes like them pondering where to go and who to contact standing outside the Yellow Pages shop and the cool shot of the Bird of Prey vs the Boat lol - then sure it can work

Just that Enterprise is still running and I think it would be unwise to do a movie with them at this time. A TNG torch crossover with DS9 I think would be the best sort of film to do

However:

PROBLEMS WITH A DS9 MOVIE:

Benjamin Sisko's body is 'dead'
O'Brien is on Earth
Jake Sisko [Cirroc Lofton] is now in university studying
Worf is back on the Enterprise and no longer posted on DS9 [And is in filming movies]
Odo is in the gamma quadrant

WHO IS LEFT ON DS9?

Kira
Nog
Rom
Quark
Ezri
Bashir

The only way I can see it working is if:

O'Brien returns to DS9 to celebrate Bashirs birthday/or wedding to Ezri Dax. There is a new threat arrives and threatens to destroy either the wormhole or the Founders - that forces Kira to talk with the prophets and to try and alert Odo. Meanwhile DS9 alerts Starfleet and send in the nearest ship to assist in anyway which happens to be the Enterprise NCC 1701-E.

That brings back: O'Brien, Worf and Odo with an appearance of Ben Sisko.

The threat arrives and seriously damages the station and the Enterprise as she calls out a general S.O.S. to which the Titan responds (Bringing Riker and Troi) and the two ships with the Defiant (last seen in First Contact) launch a defensive attack against the aggressors foiling their plans

Ad'

Josh
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Josh » Sun May 02, 2004 7:12 am

> xxxxx: Like everybody who has posted a message before you has said, it is way too soon to have a movie about enterprise, and i'll say again, after what you leave behind, the sets for deep space nine were demolished and there is no plan for a film. Plus Berman said that the next film will be a pre-quil.

----- was that post toward me? If it was, that wasn't what I was saying anyway. I was just saying I couldn't believe that they would make the next movie Enterprise, eventhough since it is a prequel, that's probably what they're gonna do!

xxxxx
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by xxxxx » Sun May 02, 2004 11:48 am

No, dont get the wrong idea i do see what you are saying, i meant that in general to everyone in the forum. But i think the main thing to keep in mind is that he only said that he was writing it. Which could mean that he could finish it at the end of the year. Even then it will take time to get approval from paramount. Then there will be about a six month gap before production begins. And then finally about a year after that, the film will be released. So it could very well be about enterprise, but by the time the movie is made enterprise could be finished season 7. As for DS9, there are plenty of characters left, Kira, Jake, Bashir, Ezri, Quark, Ro, Nog, + about a 100 others, hell even Kia Opaka is back from the gamma Quadrant. What i will say is, read all the ds9 books that continue on the story after what you leave behind.

Josh
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Josh » Sun May 02, 2004 5:07 pm

Oh, ok. Thanks for clearing that up. I see the reasoning in this a little more! I haven't read any of the DS9 books, but I can see where ur coming from! Well, thank you and have a great May! :lol:

Majestic
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Majestic » Sun May 02, 2004 5:34 pm

I would have to say that phantoms little ds9/tng movie storyline is really good and would make a great movie.

I don't like the idea of a enterprise era movie, it way too soon. I say do some ds9 and voyager movies first!

Josh
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Josh » Sun May 02, 2004 6:18 pm

It would be difficult to do a DS9/Voyager movie in the sense that DS9 and Voyager sets are destroyed, but the cast could be involved, maybe. Eventhough it is Enterprise that will most likely be the next movie, I still don't like the idea of having Star Trek XI being Enterprise. I like Phantom's storyline as well. The Titan could be involved and the TNG crew could appear in a new movie, eventhough they called Nemesis 'the end of a generation.' The Titan and the Enterprise could end up fighting against a foe that could win - like the Excelsior and the Enterprise-A did in Undiscovered Country. I heard that a lot of people would have liked TNG crew to end their legacy the way Kirk did. But, if the new movie is Enterprise, I'm sure it will be interesting and I still will definitely go see it the first chance I get. Still, this would be something that was never done before in trek: a movie coming out before the series ended. Star Trek I came out about 8 years after the series ended and Star Trek VII came out just several months after the ending of TNG. It would be like X-Files: having a movie before the series ended. I would like to see the next movie feature the Titan, but I don't know if Paramount would consider it. It will takes many months anyway before anything definite is layed out. It will probably be the middle or end of 2006 before the next star trek is put into production!

Cpt_Geddes
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Cpt_Geddes » Sun May 02, 2004 10:47 pm

There is a very large petition for a DS9 movie, why not make that one instead?

xxxxx
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by xxxxx » Sun May 02, 2004 11:28 pm

Well a little rumour i heard said that the Voyager sets are still in the paramount lot all boxed up, and a voyager movie would be good. Anyone whos read the farther shore and homecoming will know that at the end chakotay is given command of voyager. Thats where it ends off. Ok so Neelix is in the Delta quadrant, Tom and B'Elanna are on Boreth, and Seven and the Doctor joined a starfleet think tank. But it would be great to see them on the big screen.

I had another thought, what if Janeway took command of the Enterprise E? She could get her old crew back, possibly even get demoted to captain.

I had an idea today, now berman said that the next film was a pre-quil. So today i thought to myself, a pre-quil to what? I think that it could be a completely different crew, one we've never seen before. What if the next film was part of the temporal cold war? And it furthered the story on enterprise.

Josh
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Josh » Mon May 03, 2004 1:39 pm

hmmmm... that sounds like a good possibility

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Mon May 03, 2004 3:07 pm

I'm new here but i was reading this a little bit . this is the first time I heard about an eleventh Star Trek film. Perhaps the prequel movie will be a prequel to The Next Generation. One timeline that was never touched on in the movies was the time around when the Enterprise-C was in service (Yesterday's Enterprise). That might be the timeline the prequel takes place at. That would be different.

xxxxx
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by xxxxx » Tue May 04, 2004 1:53 am

My reconing behind a movie on the temporal cold war was that Brannon Braga was quoted saying that they were considering making a series on the temporal cold war which jumped through different times. So they could make a movie, set in a time before tos, therefor it would still be a pre-quil.
They were considering making this series while developing enterprise.

Thoughts ???