Star Trek 11

Our General Discussion Forum. This is the main forum of AFC, and is used for talking about just about anything you like ... Please, do not advertise, 'spam' or 'flame' in this forum.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

xxxxx
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by xxxxx » Mon May 10, 2004 7:10 am

First of all CaptSyf DS9 was possibly the best trek so far, so dont knock it. As for a "Directors cut of Voyager Endgame" Why not read Homecoming and the farhter shore instead. These ase possibly the best Star Trek books out. And i dont think Voyager will make it to the big screen. Its just that all of the actors are getting older, For example Robert Duncan McNeil is loosing his hair, So its doughtful that they will set a Voyager movie right after endgame. I also heard that Rick Berman and Garret Wang(Harry Kim) never got on, so he's probably not interested anyway.

So i dont think that its going to be a Voyager movie, im still betting that it will be a pre-quil. But thats just me.

And please read Homecoming and the farhter shore before asking them to make a voyager movie. These books are so cool. Trust me you will enjoy them.

Startrek 11 will probably be about the temporal cold war.

Spectre
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Spectre » Mon May 10, 2004 7:23 am

What the hell is a book? :P

xxxxx
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by xxxxx » Mon May 10, 2004 9:47 am

Well a book is a group of paper with ink printed words it it, it can contain stories, facts, and all sorts of things.

I was suggesting to Thompson to read these books as he was suggesting a plot for startrek 11 which was in these Books.

Judging by your short sentence i gather that you've probably never read a book Spectre, so might i suggest Thomas the tank engine before you move on to Homecoming, it has big words in it. :twisted:

Back on to Star trek 11, i agree with Thompson, these books have a great story, it would be good to have them spread over 3 movies. But like i said before, RDM is losing his hair, So unless he's planning to become Robert Picardo's stunt double then it would have to be set a few years after.[/i]

Spectre
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Spectre » Mon May 10, 2004 9:01 pm

Ah sorry im to mature for childrens stories, and if i were to look at thomas the tank engine, id rather be in the 21st century and watch it on tv...

Wok
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Wok » Tue May 11, 2004 1:12 am

I wonder if this will get pointlessly locked for going off-topic?

If there is another ST film... No more cheap cameos; one is enough!

Spectre
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Spectre » Tue May 11, 2004 1:32 am

Wok wrote:I wonder if this will get pointlessly locked for going off-topic?
That really depends on a moderator, im pretty sure a warning would suffice...

but then again it could be closed.

As for the film, aslong as it doesnt bore me like Generations im not bothered...

xxxxx
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by xxxxx » Tue May 11, 2004 1:35 am

I think the main thing they have to focus on is getting an original story. I think the main problem is the lack of fan input. Ever since Enterprise came on they have stopped taking fan ideas/suggestions. It might help give the fans what they want for Star trek 11.

Thompson
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Thompson » Tue May 11, 2004 2:51 am

I have a hard time of picturing whats going on when i read, so natually i like movies better than books.

Maybe the movie will be about the founding of the Federation... Anyone thought of that?
TACTICAL ALERT

HELP SAVE STAR TREK ENTERPRISE!

Visit www.saveenterprise.com

CaptSyf
Commander
Commander

Post by CaptSyf » Tue May 11, 2004 3:12 am

Thompson wrote:
Maybe the movie will be about the founding of the Federation... Anyone thought of that?
Well, that would be a good option, after all, there's really very little that they have done with it, just references. Personally, I would like to see it involve the starfleet-romulan war, then end with the forming of the UFP.

Spectre
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Spectre » Tue May 11, 2004 4:17 am

To be honest, id rather not go back in time, seeing all the movies so far have gone forward in time...

xxxxx
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by xxxxx » Tue May 11, 2004 7:57 am

I dought that the next movie will be about the forming of the federation seen as thats what enterprise was created to do. The Federation wasn't created until 2161 and Archer was heavily involved in its creation, so it would have to be an Enterprise movie. I think they will save this for after season seven.(Assuming that it lasts that long)

Cpt_Geddes
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Cpt_Geddes » Tue May 11, 2004 9:04 pm

I would love to see the foming of the federation on the big screen. There are a lot of battles in ENT and seeing them on the big screen would mean that the battles will be better. As for names they shouldn't call it ST:XI if it is a prequell, maybe they should just leave out the number completely so it would be Star Trek: [whatever the name is].

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne » Tue May 11, 2004 11:54 pm

Wok wrote:I wonder if this will get pointlessly locked for going off-topic?
I suggest you use caution on how you post when you claim something is "pointlessly locked", as I tend to take things VERY seriously. I do hope I've made myself perfectly clear. If not then feel free to let me know, and I can take this matter further if necessary.

xxxxx
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by xxxxx » Wed May 12, 2004 2:04 am

Well to answer your point Cpt_Geddes, they normally do leave the number out. The last film to have the number in was the undiscovered country(i think). So although it will probably be called startrek...........it will still technically be startrekXI.

Wok
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Wok » Wed May 12, 2004 4:02 am

I suggest you use caution on how you post when you claim something is "pointlessly locked", as I tend to take things VERY seriously. I do hope I've made myself perfectly clear. If not then feel free to let me know, and I can take this matter further if necessary.
Woe. I'm reasonable, hm.

We all relax abit more... yes?

Coooool like Fonzi.

No harm done ay?

I suppose Picard won't be back atall, as Patrick guy says he doesn't want to do any more.