special energy

The best Modding forum in the Armada community, some of the best modders come here.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

score1_uk
Ensign
Ensign

special energy

Post by score1_uk » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:46 am

Can anyone tell me how to get a station to recharge special energy when a ship is sent 4 repair??

I have made the main photon.odf need 1 point per shot so the energy should look like the amount of torps the ship has left.

Will this work???

Dell
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Dell » Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:45 pm

you could add special energy recharger from the borg to a station. I've been trying to reform that into a beam. Without luck. Weapon works, but no beam is seen.
Remove the special from the weapons odf and it should fire auto.
Downside, it'll only start fireing as the first enemy comes into range of the base

CptBenSisko
Ensign
Ensign

Post by CptBenSisko » Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:08 pm

check out elronds weapons pod download...it gives ships the ability to become research ships..in a sense..you can in effect activate weapons as it allows you to build pods with a limited amount of special energy and simulate limited torpedo complements.
Captain Benjamin Sisko of the U.S.S. Defiant

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:40 am

Yep - also, the pods can be deactivated (decommissioned) once their ammo is used up and then rebuilt - that would simulate reloading of torpedoes and/or regeneration of phaser arrays if you put a phaser on the pod.

score1_uk
Ensign
Ensign

Post by score1_uk » Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:08 pm

when adding the Borg spec. energy recharge to a shipyard, how do u get it to recharge the ship when it goes for repair??

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:22 pm

That's something I wish I knew. All I know is that there is a Borg special weapon that recharges energy - it would be possible to equip a shipyard with this special weapon or a copy of that special weapon that is modified. This would give your shipyard the ability to use a special weapon that recharges energy. You would have to put the following in the shipyard to give it the ability to use weapons and special weapons:

weaponsHitPoints = 500
alert = 1
combat = 1

I hope this helps. :)