X3 is out!!!

Any Games game you play including Play Station X-Box and Nintendo 64 ect...

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

halo
Ensign
Ensign

X3 is out!!!

Post by halo » Thu May 18, 2006 5:42 am

is any one else looking foward to playing this or am i nuts?

if so i hope it will be modible to some extent looking foward to making some of those ships for a2

heres just one screeniie of this amazing engin based game that has no movies that are pre rendered there all strait out of the engin lol me thinks theres something to this game.....hmmmmm....
https://news.softpedia.com/images/revie ... -large.jpg

Majestic
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Majestic » Thu May 18, 2006 6:34 am

I have seen both X2 and X3 at the games store but don't know much about it, can you give us a little more info about it?

Nothingbetter2do
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

x3

Post by Nothingbetter2do » Thu May 18, 2006 4:43 pm

i have both x2 the threat & x3 the reunion and basically the game is very like the old dos game elite... but with better graphics... there is a story line to follow in both games.....x2 set sometime in the future earth has been cut off from the rest of the x2 universe following the destruction of the jump gate back to earth... you start off getting arrested for trying to steal a prototype miliary ship and are released due to your father's intervention (he owns a very powerful corparation) but he gets kidnapped and you have to find your father who has discovered the jump co-ordinates back to earth... you face up against an enemy called the kaaak... who as you discover later in the game have your father held captive. you have to rescue him but when you do your father is already in a deep coma... in order to do the main game role you need to buy better ships & weapons as you progress.... to get the money you must trade wares, and build factories that produce these wares... you can also hunt down pirates to earn money or shoot enemies of the empire whose space your currently in... you can even be a pirate if you want to...
x3 is just a continuation of the story really just better graphics and harder enemies... also you need to have your skill go up a good bit in order to buy capital ships.... they both are good games but i prefered x2 as it was easy to buy the capital ship cos all you needed was money...x3 you need to have your skills high and trusted by race rating high along with the money before you can buy good ships and weapons. :D

Nothingbetter2do
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Nothingbetter2do » Thu May 18, 2006 4:49 pm

also to add... both games are worth buying... but unfortuneatly there is no multiplayer mode on either version...a pity... also i recommend you buy a good joystick... i broke mine playing x2 and x3 is impossible to play without one :(

KevinJ
Ensign
Ensign
Location: AMERICA!! State: Insane !!!!!!!!! Age: As long as ive been alive

Post by KevinJ » Thu May 18, 2006 5:14 pm

x2 x3 what is it ?
Space The Finale Frontier...It will take you a million light years from home...in a Galaxy far far away...in search of a home called earth.
(Sci Fi Armada)

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Thu May 18, 2006 5:28 pm

Definitely want to have those games! From what I'm seeing here, definitely worth getting!
Dead

j666
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by j666 » Fri May 19, 2006 11:43 pm

it is moddable u can import models into it and mod other aspects of the game

Nothingbetter2do
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Nothingbetter2do » Tue May 23, 2006 5:16 pm

it is modable but only in the form of scripts as far as i know... the scripts can either be used to cheat or enhance the games trading system or even enhance the ships ai, weapons or shields.

Nothingbetter2do
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Nothingbetter2do » Tue May 23, 2006 5:41 pm

there are 8 races in the X2 universe & 9 in the x3 universe. 1. Argon (decendents of earth that got cut off from earth after the gate was destroyed. 2. Boron - a peaceful aquatic race 3. Split - War hungry reptilians 4. Parinid - Paranoid reptilian race 5. Teladi - X universe's answer to the ferengi 6. - Xenon - Artificial Intelligence created by the Terrans but turned on em (like the cylons from battlestar galactica) 7. Kaak - Little is known about them but they are nasty hairy animal like creatures 8. Terrans (X3 only) - The humans from earth 9. Goner - A group of peaceful monks. Each race has their ups and downs in terms of technology but the argon are sort of all rounders. Pirates are made up of all races but the Kaaak, Xenon, Terran, & Goner.

cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 » Wed May 24, 2006 6:08 am

u do know that X:3 might have starforce in the game right??? if u have no idea what im talking bout google starforce...... or u can look here lol

http://www.glop.org/starforce/

Majestic
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Majestic » Thu May 25, 2006 2:51 am

cecilzero1 wrote:u do know that X:3 might have starforce in the game right??? if u have no idea what im talking bout google starforce...... or u can look here lol

http://www.glop.org/starforce/
That has made up my mind I support the boycott and won't be getting the game.

Nothingbetter2do
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Nothingbetter2do » Sat May 27, 2006 7:01 am

i have had no problems in the past with x3 but as i have not installed it since my last windows re-installation (crash due to corruption of my c:\ drive following a ram chip failure had to buy new ram)

Nothingbetter2do
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Starforce

Post by Nothingbetter2do » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:20 pm

This is removed when u install the patches... due to starforce being responsible destroying many a dvd drive

baja
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by baja » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:51 am

nice game it seems. I ll get it
| Fully Managed [url=http://cyberls.com/vps-hosting.php]VPS Hosting[/url] and Dedicated Servers |