Removing ships from build lists

The best Modding forum in the Armada community, some of the best modders come here.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

Chip
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Removing ships from build lists

Post by Chip » Sun May 04, 2008 7:23 am

I've been trying to figure out a way of doing this for a while - but sadly with no success.
Does anyone know of a way of removing ships from available build lists after researching?
For example, say I have a Connie and a Connie refit. Before the research I can build just the Connie, and after the research has been completed the refit becomes available. But is it possible to take away the option for the original Connie when the refit is available?
Anybody any ideas?

Phantom
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Phantom » Sat May 10, 2008 9:10 am

Not sure what you mean....

Do u mean when you build a TOS connie a TMP becomes available, and when you lose the TOS connie you loose the TMP connie?

If so, in the tech files, just have:

ftoscon.odf 1 ftmpcon.odf

that line will state that in order to build TMP Connies, a TOS Connie must be present

Chip
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Chip » Sat May 10, 2008 2:45 pm

Cabal's got it.

Before research you can construct Ship1 from Yard1.

After research, you can build Ship2 from Yard1, but you can no longer build Ship1 (i.e. the Ship2 has become available on the build list but Ship1 has been removed from the build list ).

I've since found a few other threads on this, but nothing that works has ever come of it. So I was wondering if anybody had come up with a solution.

PraetorNeral
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by PraetorNeral » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:15 pm

I wanted to do something very similar and have so far had no luck, so I'm very interested in this as well. In my case, I want only one of a type of ship to be buildable (because it is a voiced hero ship) so if you have built one you can't build any more of it (so no multiple Enterprise-Ds flying around at once) unless the one is destroyed.

wotw3
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Researching non pods at research stations funny effect!

Post by wotw3 » Sun May 23, 2010 5:05 pm

The game is funny when it comes to this. :D

If you research a ship from a research station when you try to move it, it will only move a few milimetres then it gets stuck. To free it you must decomision the research station. If you destroy that ship the next thing that gets built by anyone appears on that research station - even if its another AI player!

This looked very funny as bits and bobs that the AI was building suddenly appeared in the middle of my base!

In the log files it is forever listing a warning about non pod built at research station. Also the AI will refuse to build a non pod at a research station as well. :?

Has anyone else experienced or gotten round this problem?
(sorry if I changed the subject)