Is the modding community dead?

The best Modding forum in the Armada community, some of the best modders come here.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

weyoun782
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Is the modding community dead?

Post by weyoun782 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:21 pm

It's been about a year since I've been on here, seems like everything is dead. I remember there was new posts at least every day, and now it's been months since people have posted anything.

What gives?

Franko
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Is the Modding community Dead

Post by Franko » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:37 pm

I think perhaps there is a new Generation of Modder's that may find file front easier too use.I myself over the years have found Armada fleet command a bit lacking at times however I still love the site.I think perhaps some type of work shop for noob's would be nice.But I believe it too be far from Dead.

Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:15 pm

Unfortunately, yes, that is the case. On A2files though, I think it's still pretty active, though even they've lost some people there, plus I ain't been there in a long time either. Thunderfoot007 got banned from there, which was a bummer. Majestic's site is, last I checked, still somewhat active in the modding of Armada. I just don't know about the community as a whole.

Armada 1 is over 10.25 years old. Armada 2 is nearly 9 years old. People have tired of it. Yet I still come back here to see what's going on once in a while. TBH, nothing against anyone, it is a ghost town as of late. Half the time I don't know if I'm posting into empty space, which is sad. I remember this place when it was active, like in 2005 when the RPGs were going on (which I think are a contributing factor to things going downhill, although it was fun too).
Flew in here 17 years ago, flew out 13. Back then early 20s, dreamin'. Now, late 30s, reminiscin'. Too bad there wasn't an Armada 3, except the Sins of a Solar Empire mod. But hell, at least there's that. *Shrugs*

Franko
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Rebirth of AFC

Post by Franko » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:31 pm

I still believe we can generate some further interest by holding work shops.

weyoun782
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by weyoun782 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:02 pm

Elrond wrote:Unfortunately, yes, that is the case. On A2files though, I think it's still pretty active, though even they've lost some people there, plus I ain't been there in a long time either. Thunderfoot007 got banned from there, which was a bummer. Majestic's site is, last I checked, still somewhat active in the modding of Armada. I just don't know about the community as a whole.

Armada 1 is over 10.25 years old. Armada 2 is nearly 9 years old. People have tired of it. Yet I still come back here to see what's going on once in a while. TBH, nothing against anyone, it is a ghost town as of late. Half the time I don't know if I'm posting into empty space, which is sad. I remember this place when it was active, like in 2005 when the RPGs were going on (which I think are a contributing factor to things going downhill, although it was fun too).
What is majestics site? and why did thunderfoot get banned?

Dominus_Noctis
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Dominus_Noctis » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:42 am

If you search for MSFC it should be the first hit :)

Fleet Ops is going quite well if you want to venture over there - there's a very large online gaming community as well as a handful of dedicated modders :)

weyoun782
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by weyoun782 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:00 pm

Dominus_Noctis wrote:If you search for MSFC it should be the first hit :)

Fleet Ops is going quite well if you want to venture over there - there's a very large online gaming community as well as a handful of dedicated modders :)

when I googled msfc I got a whole list of things unrelated to modding, programming, web design or scifi. What's the site name?

Dominus_Noctis
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Dominus_Noctis » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:05 pm

Majestic's Sci Fi Central :)
Sorry, I wasn't sure if giving the direct link was/is allowed or not.