StarGate Mods in Star Trek Armada II - In My Mod....

The best Modding forum in the Armada community, some of the best modders come here.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

StarGate Mods in Star Trek Armada II - In My Mod....

Post by jetnova16 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:45 pm

I have been making good progress on my Star Trek Armada II mod well I’ve taken a break from working on the traditional aspects of Star Trek and the new missions for the game and have gone onto a route that I wasn’t ever planning on doing, I have added StarGate SG-1, StarGate Atlantis and StarGate Universe ships into the game. The biggest ship is the Wraith Hiveship and I don’t think I’m going to change its size because the mods creator made it that big for a reason for it to kind of be a monster compared to the Taur’i (SGC)’s Daedalus Class (A ship that I have noticed that people call the Achilles Class but the cannon name for the class is: the Daedalus Class).

Well here is a StarGate Break Down for my Star Trek Armada II Mod before I get to my questions that I need help with:

1. The Wraith Ships (Hive and Darts) are going to be given to Species 8472 since they both have one thing in common. Both Wraith and Species 8472 ships have an organic component to them.

2. The Taur’i (SGC – Earth) ships are going to be given to the Federation since the Federation was started on Earth and the Federation is mostly composed of Humans.

3. The Ancient Ships (Atlantis included) are also going to be given to the Federation since the Ancients don’t seem to exist anymore and thus aren’t using their ships anymore. In StarGate Atlantis after all, the Atlantis Team is from Earth and because of the Ancients Gene that some of them have they can control and operate Atlantian (Ancient) Technology.

4. I’m thinking about having the Fourth Campaign have joint missions involving these ships. This is to be planned and a surprise so far, this might just end up being a StarGate Campaign after completing a few Dominion War Missions. After all, so far the Fourth Campaign is just new maps that involves mission that don’t end even when the objectives are complete.

Here are the problems that I am encountering with the StarGate ships in the mod.

1. The Railguns seem to have their own problems. They all fire all over the place; they don’t seem to fire at their targets. Also the Ancient Drone Weapons that are equipped to some of the ships don’t fire, I want to get the Drones to fire at a farther distance out than the Railguns. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem? I can and am willing to give the ODF files of the Railgun weapons. I have tried editing them to stop this random fire, all Railguns firing at the same time but without success and I don’t know why.

2. I was wondering how to create an Ancient Shield. I have used and renamed the Corbomite Refractor’s ODF file for this effect but it isn’t doing what I want the Ancient shield to do. As seen in Atlantis during “The Siege Part III” Atlantis wasn’t being damaged well the Wraith Weapons (Pulse Cannon like weapons) weren’t penetrating or causing damage to the city. Obviously the city’s shields had to fail for that to happen. This is what I’m trying to get to create, a shield that propels torpedoes and phaser (including special weapons) from causing damage until they deplete the shield causing the city to be vulnerable to attack. This Ancient Shield special weapon has been included for Ancient ships and also the Taur’i ships too.

3. I have created a Culling Beam for the Wraith Darts (the Borg Colony Ship’s Ion Cannon edited for this purpose). I have also given the Darts a Transporting Beam to beam Wraith Soldiers to the planet’s surface as colonists. I know that Species 8472 don’t colonize planets but I would like to have these ships do that, but this beam is a special weapon well the ship is listed as a cruiser (not a colony ship) and this beam doesn’t work for that purpose, it doesn’t even fire. How can I fix this problem? I tested the ship and its beam well the ship was in the Map Editor and at the time wasn’t listed as a Species 8472 ship and it still didn’t work. I need advice please.

4. Both the Wraith Hiveship and the CV-401 Enterprise (What I call the Enterprise Class) have a special weapon to launch fighters. The Wraith one launches darts well the Enterprise Class launches F-302 Fighters. These fighters when launched have fire coming out of their ends and act as if they are damaged. Also they don’t use their weapons like I have intended for them to do. How do I actually make this kind of idea work?

I also want to create a new ODF file that takes care of the Hyperspace Window. When StarGate ships enter faster than light travel, I want them to use the Hyperspace Window, in a way, I just want the ships to create a portal and enter it then travel normally (like warp) then to show the same portal as they dropped to sub light speeds. I would like it to look like these ships are entering (and exiting) the portal. I believe to do this, I would have to create a new Physics File and also a new file for the code “#include” The code (and the file) could be named “#include “stargate.odf”. The stargate.odf file could incorporate the information about the Hyperspace Physics for faster than light travel and a separate weaker one could be created for the Wraith ships, and even further weaker for ships like the Darts and Puddle Jumpers. So my question is: how do I go about doing this?

Lastly I was wondering who has the capabilities to help me either locate a complete mod or to turn a mesh model into a complete Armada II ready mod. I have a mesh for the Wraith Cruiser that I got on Armada2files.com and from the comments, I got the idea that for the textures, the Wraith Hiveship’s textures can be used. Since I have that ship, I have the textures. For the ships weapons, the same thing that I did for the Dart can be done, a weakened down version of the Hiveship’s weapons. Thus everything is really set, the model just has to be converted into a SOD too bad the person that did it and left the texture comment on www.armada2files.com didn’t end posting the completed mod for everyone else. Can anyone also help me with this?

Methos
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Methos » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:27 am

[quote/]
1. The Railguns seem to have their own problems. They all fire all over the place; they don’t seem to fire at their targets. Also the Ancient Drone Weapons that are equipped to some of the ships don’t fire, I want to get the Drones to fire at a farther distance out than the Railguns. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem? I can and am willing to give the ODF files of the Railgun weapons. I have tried editing them to stop this random fire, all Railguns firing at the same time but without success and I don’t know why. [/quote]

I take it you made the railguns muti-targeting?
In the B5 mod the earth ships would do the same thing.
I think you'd need to add them seperately(ex. instead of one weapon firing at three random targets,fix it so that you have five weapons firing at three random targets)

As for the drones,try setting the ship's scan range to 300 greater than the drone weapon range.

[quote/] 2. I was wondering how to create an Ancient Shield. I have used and renamed the Corbomite Refractor’s ODF file for this effect but it isn’t doing what I want the Ancient shield to do. As seen in Atlantis during “The Siege Part III” Atlantis wasn’t being damaged well the Wraith Weapons (Pulse Cannon like weapons) weren’t penetrating or causing damage to the city. Obviously the city’s shields had to fail for that to happen. This is what I’m trying to get to create, a shield that propels torpedoes and phaser (including special weapons) from causing damage until they deplete the shield causing the city to be vulnerable to attack. This Ancient Shield special weapon has been included for Ancient ships and also the Taur’i ships too. [/quote]

Not sure what you asking here. Are you looking for a shield that will block all weapon fire? If so use the borg shield remodulation weapon but with a solid color transparent texture.

[quote/] 3. I have created a Culling Beam for the Wraith Darts (the Borg Colony Ship’s Ion Cannon edited for this purpose). I have also given the Darts a Transporting Beam to beam Wraith Soldiers to the planet’s surface as colonists. I know that Species 8472 don’t colonize planets but I would like to have these ships do that, but this beam is a special weapon well the ship is listed as a cruiser (not a colony ship) and this beam doesn’t work for that purpose, it doesn’t even fire. How can I fix this problem? I tested the ship and its beam well the ship was in the Map Editor and at the time wasn’t listed as a Species 8472 ship and it still didn’t work. I need advice please. [/quote]

If you can't get it to work in map then you should try it with the feds,it may be that 8472 not having crew is blocking it from working.

[quote/] 4. Both the Wraith Hiveship and the CV-401 Enterprise (What I call the Enterprise Class) have a special weapon to launch fighters. The Wraith one launches darts well the Enterprise Class launches F-302 Fighters. These fighters when launched have fire coming out of their ends and act as if they are damaged. Also they don’t use their weapons like I have intended for them to do. How do I actually make this kind of idea work? [/quote]

Are they suppost to move on their own,or is it just like building the fighters?
The fire part sounds like it's got 0 hitpoints so it shows up as damaged.
//SYSTEM HITPOINTS
//These values are the hitpoint values of the systems
//If the value is set to zero the ship does not have that system
enginesHitPoints = 10
lifeSupportHitPoints = 10
weaponsHitPoints = 10
shieldGeneratorHitPoints = 10
sensorsHitPoints = 10

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:00 am

jetnova. Just for clarification. Daedalus Class as we know is canon to the series. Achilles Class is not:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/m ... illesf.jpg

This was a representation of the fan based ship. The original cgi model is unnavailable but the images for this one I used as a base were rendered by the originals creator - Alnair. He did post some images of it on Scifi-Meshes a few years ago so I'm not if they still exist there.

Now one thing that might help. With regards to the Atlantis shield problem. If you can get the source model you might be able to create a seperate model which is basically some sort of globe. I've no idea if it would work but the theory might work or at least give you somewhere to start.

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:38 pm

Methos wrote: 1. The Railguns seem to have their own problems. They all fire all over the place; they don’t seem to fire at their targets. Also the Ancient Drone Weapons that are equipped to some of the ships don’t fire, I want to get the Drones to fire at a farther distance out than the Railguns. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem? I can and am willing to give the ODF files of the Railgun weapons. I have tried editing them to stop this random fire, all Railguns firing at the same time but without success and I don’t know why.

I take it you made the railguns muti-targeting?
In the B5 mod the earth ships would do the same thing.
I think you'd need to add them seperately(ex. instead of one weapon firing at three random targets,fix it so that you have five weapons firing at three random targets)

As for the drones,try setting the ship's scan range to 300 greater than the drone weapon range.

2. I was wondering how to create an Ancient Shield. I have used and renamed the Corbomite Refractor’s ODF file for this effect but it isn’t doing what I want the Ancient shield to do. As seen in Atlantis during “The Siege Part III” Atlantis wasn’t being damaged well the Wraith Weapons (Pulse Cannon like weapons) weren’t penetrating or causing damage to the city. Obviously the city’s shields had to fail for that to happen. This is what I’m trying to get to create, a shield that propels torpedoes and phaser (including special weapons) from causing damage until they deplete the shield causing the city to be vulnerable to attack. This Ancient Shield special weapon has been included for Ancient ships and also the Taur’i ships too.

Not sure what you asking here. Are you looking for a shield that will block all weapon fire? If so use the borg shield remodulation weapon but with a solid color transparent texture.

3. I have created a Culling Beam for the Wraith Darts (the Borg Colony Ship’s Ion Cannon edited for this purpose). I have also given the Darts a Transporting Beam to beam Wraith Soldiers to the planet’s surface as colonists. I know that Species 8472 don’t colonize planets but I would like to have these ships do that, but this beam is a special weapon well the ship is listed as a cruiser (not a colony ship) and this beam doesn’t work for that purpose, it doesn’t even fire. How can I fix this problem? I tested the ship and its beam well the ship was in the Map Editor and at the time wasn’t listed as a Species 8472 ship and it still didn’t work. I need advice please.

If you can't get it to work in map then you should try it with the feds,it may be that 8472 not having crew is blocking it from working.

4. Both the Wraith Hiveship and the CV-401 Enterprise (What I call the Enterprise Class) have a special weapon to launch fighters. The Wraith one launches darts well the Enterprise Class launches F-302 Fighters. These fighters when launched have fire coming out of their ends and act as if they are damaged. Also they don’t use their weapons like I have intended for them to do. How do I actually make this kind of idea work?

Are they suppost to move on their own,or is it just like building the fighters?
The fire part sounds like it's got 0 hitpoints so it shows up as damaged.
//SYSTEM HITPOINTS
//These values are the hitpoint values of the systems
//If the value is set to zero the ship does not have that system
enginesHitPoints = 10
lifeSupportHitPoints = 10
weaponsHitPoints = 10
shieldGeneratorHitPoints = 10
sensorsHitPoints = 10
-Fixed multiple Quote code so my (jetnova16) text appears too, the multiple coding interfered with the whole text I was quoting from "Methos".

Yes, the railguns are multi-targeting, but I also have to sets of them made. Could I also edit the range on the firing arcs for the Railguns and the Drone Weapons too besides the scan range for the ships?

For the Ancient's Shield Special Weapon, I am looking for a shield that will block all kinds of weapons fire, projectiles and beams, this would include special weapons that are projectiles and beams too. (Phasers, Pulse Phasers, Torpedos (Transphasic Torpedoes included). One thing I do want the shield to look like is the shield texture that the Corbomite Reflector (Refractor) uses on the Sovereign-class Federation Ships, if the Remodulation weapon is used how do I keep that coded texture?

The Colonizing Beam on the Wraith Darts doesn't work in any race. The Wraith Hiveship and Wraith Dart weren't added to Species 8472 until last night then I had a few editing problems before I could actually build them. I tested the Colonizing Beam well the Wraith ships were set for the Federation. The Ioninzing Beam for attacking colonized planets works, it attacks planets, it also does one thing its not supposed to do, it also attacks ships on its own. The only beam that doesn't fire is the Colonizing beam. The Ionizing Beam works with the ships set in Species 8472 but the same problem with the Colony Beam exists.

For the F-302 Fighters and Dart Squadron Special Weapons, the fightes (and Darts) don't launch like a fighter and fly and fire their own weapons, that is what I have intended to happen. For the fire on these ships to go away, do I have to put the System HitPoints into the Special Weapons file as well because my normal built Darts and F-302's don't have any fire coming out of them and aren't damaged, they actually have their System HitPoints.
MajorPayne wrote:jetnova. Just for clarification. Daedalus Class as we know is canon to the series. Achilles Class is not:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/m ... illesf.jpg

This was a representation of the fan based ship. The original cgi model is unnavailable but the images for this one I used as a base were rendered by the originals creator - Alnair. He did post some images of it on Scifi-Meshes a few years ago so I'm not if they still exist there.

Now one thing that might help. With regards to the Atlantis shield problem. If you can get the source model you might be able to create a seperate model which is basically some sort of globe. I've no idea if it would work but the theory might work or at least give you somewhere to start.
Thank you Major Payne, I didn't know that. The Daedalus Class Earth SGC ships are close to what they look like on screen (just different class names, which means I can just change the text for the ship in the ODF file so it is right in game).

I have recently come up with one more question I would like to ask that goes with Species 8472 in relation to the Wraith. I will make a seperate posting for this next so not to blend it with this reply.

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:01 pm

Using the Wraith Ships (the Hiveship and the Dart) with Species 8472 did have some drawbacks in the original ODF Files for those two ships. Both Ships have some Dilithium, Metal and since the Wraith Ships are partially made from Organic Material too, the Bio-Matter is also needed along with Crew.

1) Using Species 8472 is that they have no Metal, Dilithium, and Crew. I had to comment that out of the ODF files for the ships to be built. I also had to drastically lower the Officer Cost for a ship that is as big as the Hiveship (If you have the Wraith Hiveship Mod from Armada2files, you'll know what I mean about "in size"). Well the result for lowering the Officer Cost and totally subtracting the Crew is a weaker Hiveship in HitPoint Values :cry: , the whole reason to give Species 8472 the Wraith ships was to make Species 8472 stronger. :D

2) To counteract problem 1, I created a new Special Weapon for the Wraith Hiveship and the Wraith Dart. I used and renamed the Borg Regeneration Special Weapon. This new Weapon called Wraith Hull Regeneration is supposed to repair the hull of the Wraith Ships. (Remember the episode where the Wraith helped the Atlantis Team destroy the Replicator Homeworld? - Well Todd the Wraith did say "Transferring power from non-critical systems to Hull Regeneration" (or something close to that, this inspired this weapon). Well the idea and concept doesn't seem to work that way, the Wraith ship still takes damage but the status keep fluctuating back to 100 for the System HitPoints but the ship still explodes after a while with NO damage what so ever except for the Hull status reaching 0), the ships never repair or regain strength at all.

3) Both problems 1 & 2 bring me to my third idea for Species 8472. I would like to give them Metal, Dilithium, Crew along with their already incorporated Bio-Matter and Officers. I think this means a whole new GUI will be needed. I know the Tholians mod has all of these requirements so how do I edit the Species 8472 GUI to include all of this to and show the correct info? I tried to increase the Offices from 254 Officers to a higher 4254 but then the number didn't show up at all and I couldn't build anything, the same thing happened when increasing the starting amount of Bio-Matter from 72 to 1000. Well I found a Wraith GUI on armada2files but that turned out to be a disappointment, it doesn't include Bio-Matter, in fact it looks like it could be used for a replacement GUI for any race that you want except ones that use Bio-Matter. Can anyone give me any ideas on how to edit this GUI problem for Species 8472?

3-A) For the mining problem: I was going to scale down the Wraith Dart (AKA copy and scale down then rename the file) and make a Mining Freighter ship. For the Orbital Station, I was thinking about copying and renaming the Fluidic Gate of Species 8472 to serve that purpose too.

3-B) For the crew and Colonization Problem: (to keep the crew pool up) of course the Wraith Dart's Colony Beam could be worked on, but I was also thinking about copying a small Species 8472 ship into also being a Colony Ship to serve that purpose.

Does anyone have any ideas on how this can be done? I have the plan to take care of the required additions that Species 8472 needs to do just that, I just don’t know how to solve the GUI Problem.

Reminder: The only other problem I have is I’m still looking for a complete Wraith Cruiser Mod. It is the only ship of the Wraith that I am missing. I have the mesh file from armada2files that I downloaded, I have the textures for the Hiveship that can be used, I just don’t have the tools to turn the model into a working ship (AKA converting it to SOD), and I will provide the textures to whoever can create the SOD file. If someone can help me do that, I can make the ODF file and complete the Wraith. Of course for those that want it and will help me with this, I will provide them the special additions for the Wraith ships that I have created.

Methos
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Methos » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:52 am

jetnova16 wrote:
Yes, the railguns are multi-targeting, but I also have to sets of them made. Could I also edit the range on the firing arcs for the Railguns and the Drone Weapons too besides the scan range for the ships?
Yes but the ship just doesn't see as far as you in the game unless another ship is by the target,even then it's hit or miss if it will fire a weapon.

So better to just increase the ship's vision range to be greater than the weapon it's self.
jetnova16 wrote: For the Ancient's Shield Special Weapon, I am looking for a shield that will block all kinds of weapons fire, projectiles and beams, this would include special weapons that are projectiles and beams too. (Phasers, Pulse Phasers, Torpedos (Transphasic Torpedoes included). One thing I do want the shield to look like is the shield texture that the Corbomite Reflector (Refractor) uses on the Sovereign-class Federation Ships, if the Remodulation weapon is used how do I keep that coded texture?
Simple,in the rgb is a file called Wcorberfr.tga,this is the texture using for the Corbrenite reflector. The Shield remodulation texture is called Wshldrmd.tga.
Make back-up copies of these files,and rename Wcorbrefr to Wshldrmd.

jetnova16 wrote: For the F-302 Fighters and Dart Squadron Special Weapons, the fightes (and Darts) don't launch like a fighter and fly and fire their own weapons, that is what I have intended to happen. For the fire on these ships to go away, do I have to put the System HitPoints into the Special Weapons file as well because my normal built Darts and F-302's don't have any fire coming out of them and aren't damaged, they actually have their System HitPoints.

If they are using in the drone weapon special then no,if they are using in the fighter special based on the Fleetops fighter weapon then yes they would need the hitpoints added.

Methos
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Methos » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:34 am

jetnova16 wrote:Using the Wraith Ships (the Hiveship and the Dart) with Species 8472 did have some drawbacks in the original ODF Files for those two ships. Both Ships have some Dilithium, Metal and since the Wraith Ships are partially made from Organic Material too, the Bio-Matter is also needed along with Crew.
Biomatter is another form of metal in game,and yes there are ways around this,but I don't know them.
jetnova16 wrote: 1) Using Species 8472 is that they have no Metal, Dilithium, and Crew. I had to comment that out of the ODF files for the ships to be built. I also had to drastically lower the Officer Cost for a ship that is as big as the Hiveship (If you have the Wraith Hiveship Mod from Armada2files, you'll know what I mean about "in size"). Well the result for lowering the Officer Cost and totally subtracting the Crew is a weaker Hiveship in HitPoint Values :cry: , the whole reason to give Species 8472 the Wraith ships was to make Species 8472 stronger. :D
jetnova16 wrote: 2) To counteract problem 1, I created a new Special Weapon for the Wraith Hiveship and the Wraith Dart. I used and renamed the Borg Regeneration Special Weapon. This new Weapon called Wraith Hull Regeneration is supposed to repair the hull of the Wraith Ships. (Remember the episode where the Wraith helped the Atlantis Team destroy the Replicator Homeworld? - Well Todd the Wraith did say "Transferring power from non-critical systems to Hull Regeneration" (or something close to that, this inspired this weapon). Well the idea and concept doesn't seem to work that way, the Wraith ship still takes damage but the status keep fluctuating back to 100 for the System HitPoints but the ship still explodes after a while with NO damage what so ever except for the Hull status reaching 0), the ships never repair or regain strength at all.

Zero hull means your dead. ;) System hitpoints are mainly for the ship systems longevity.
Don't understand your problem here,The Regen weapon will repair a ship with 5 hull hitpoints and zero shields back to full over and over again.

jetnova16 wrote: 3) Both problems 1 & 2 bring me to my third idea for Species 8472. I would like to give them Metal, Dilithium, Crew along with their already incorporated Bio-Matter and Officers. I think this means a whole new GUI will be needed. I know the Tholians mod has all of these requirements so how do I edit the Species 8472 GUI to include all of this to and show the correct info? I tried to increase the Offices from 254 Officers to a higher 4254 but then the number didn't show up at all and I couldn't build anything, the same thing happened when increasing the starting amount of Bio-Matter from 72 to 1000. Well I found a Wraith GUI on armada2files but that turned out to be a disappointment, it doesn't include Bio-Matter, in fact it looks like it could be used for a replacement GUI for any race that you want except ones that use Bio-Matter. Can anyone give me any ideas on how to edit this GUI problem for Species 8472?
RTS_CFG in the main A2 directory
// the max value that officer capacity can be in a single player game, and default in multiplayer game.
int SINGLE_PLAYER_OFFICER_LIMIT = 650;

The GUI info will be found in the MISC folder

noCrew = 1
noDilithium = 1 < This is what resources to show in the game.
noLatinum = 1 0=they have this/1=they don't have this
noMetal = 1

noOfficers = 0
noBiomatter = 0

// Species8472 file =where the resource displays go < This is where it will show up at.
resource_5 = 72 5 116 58 // biomatter
resource_1 = 254 5 116 58 // officers

// Borg file=Location of the the background panel and resource amount a
resourcePanelArea = 0 8 935 40
resourcePanel_0 = 0 0 256 60
resourcePanel_1 = 256 0 256 60
resourcePanel_2 = 512 0 256 60
resourcePanel_3 = 768 0 1 60
resourcePanel_4 = 769 0 166 60

noLatinum = 1

// where the resource displays go
resource_2 = 72 5 116 58 // dilithium
resource_4 = 254 5 116 58 // metal
resource_0 = 556 5 134 58 // crew
resource_1 = 756 5 127 58 // officers

The numbers for each resource will move it left/right/up/down so you'll need to test it for the race you want. I do know the last colume of number will move it up at a lower number,and down at a higher number.
Helpfull if you have widescreen res.

The GUI textures are just for looks,you can give them designs but it's the GUI_whatever race sprite file that tells what part of the texture is used.

Does anyone have any ideas on how this can be done? I have the plan to take care of the required additions that Species 8472 needs to do just that, I just don’t know how to solve the GUI Problem.

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:44 pm

Methos wrote:
jetnova16 wrote:Using the Wraith Ships (the Hiveship and the Dart) with Species 8472 did have some drawbacks in the original ODF Files for those two ships. Both Ships have some Dilithium, Metal and since the Wraith Ships are partially made from Organic Material too, the Bio-Matter is also needed along with Crew.
Biomatter is another form of metal in game,and yes there are ways around this,but I don't know them.
jetnova16 wrote: 1) Using Species 8472 is that they have no Metal, Dilithium, and Crew. I had to comment that out of the ODF files for the ships to be built. I also had to drastically lower the Officer Cost for a ship that is as big as the Hiveship (If you have the Wraith Hiveship Mod from Armada2files, you'll know what I mean about "in size"). Well the result for lowering the Officer Cost and totally subtracting the Crew is a weaker Hiveship in HitPoint Values :cry: , the whole reason to give Species 8472 the Wraith ships was to make Species 8472 stronger. :D
jetnova16 wrote: 2) To counteract problem 1, I created a new Special Weapon for the Wraith Hiveship and the Wraith Dart. I used and renamed the Borg Regeneration Special Weapon. This new Weapon called Wraith Hull Regeneration is supposed to repair the hull of the Wraith Ships. (Remember the episode where the Wraith helped the Atlantis Team destroy the Replicator Homeworld? - Well Todd the Wraith did say "Transferring power from non-critical systems to Hull Regeneration" (or something close to that, this inspired this weapon). Well the idea and concept doesn't seem to work that way, the Wraith ship still takes damage but the status keep fluctuating back to 100 for the System HitPoints but the ship still explodes after a while with NO damage what so ever except for the Hull status reaching 0), the ships never repair or regain strength at all.

Zero hull means your dead. ;) System hitpoints are mainly for the ship systems longevity.
Don't understand your problem here,The Regen weapon will repair a ship with 5 hull hitpoints and zero shields back to full over and over again.

jetnova16 wrote: 3) Both problems 1 & 2 bring me to my third idea for Species 8472. I would like to give them Metal, Dilithium, Crew along with their already incorporated Bio-Matter and Officers. I think this means a whole new GUI will be needed. I know the Tholians mod has all of these requirements so how do I edit the Species 8472 GUI to include all of this to and show the correct info? I tried to increase the Offices from 254 Officers to a higher 4254 but then the number didn't show up at all and I couldn't build anything, the same thing happened when increasing the starting amount of Bio-Matter from 72 to 1000. Well I found a Wraith GUI on armada2files but that turned out to be a disappointment, it doesn't include Bio-Matter, in fact it looks like it could be used for a replacement GUI for any race that you want except ones that use Bio-Matter. Can anyone give me any ideas on how to edit this GUI problem for Species 8472?
RTS_CFG in the main A2 directory
// the max value that officer capacity can be in a single player game, and default in multiplayer game.
int SINGLE_PLAYER_OFFICER_LIMIT = 650;

The GUI info will be found in the MISC folder

noCrew = 1
noDilithium = 1 < This is what resources to show in the game.
noLatinum = 1 0=they have this/1=they don't have this
noMetal = 1

noOfficers = 0
noBiomatter = 0

// Species8472 file =where the resource displays go < This is where it will show up at.
resource_5 = 72 5 116 58 // biomatter
resource_1 = 254 5 116 58 // officers

// Borg file=Location of the the background panel and resource amount a
resourcePanelArea = 0 8 935 40
resourcePanel_0 = 0 0 256 60
resourcePanel_1 = 256 0 256 60
resourcePanel_2 = 512 0 256 60
resourcePanel_3 = 768 0 1 60
resourcePanel_4 = 769 0 166 60

noLatinum = 1

// where the resource displays go
resource_2 = 72 5 116 58 // dilithium
resource_4 = 254 5 116 58 // metal
resource_0 = 556 5 134 58 // crew
resource_1 = 756 5 127 58 // officers

The numbers for each resource will move it left/right/up/down so you'll need to test it for the race you want. I do know the last colume of number will move it up at a lower number,and down at a higher number.
Helpfull if you have widescreen res.

The GUI textures are just for looks,you can give them designs but it's the GUI_whatever race sprite file that tells what part of the texture is used.

I've tried to change the misc file for Species 8472 to add crew, metal and dilithium but they don't show up in the game, no icon for it. Also there is nothing for the crew either.

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:22 pm

Methos wrote:
jetnova16 wrote:
Yes but the ship just doesn't see as far as you in the game unless another ship is by the target,even then it's hit or miss if it will fire a weapon.

So better to just increase the ship's vision range to be greater than the weapon it's self.
jetnova16 wrote: For the Ancient's Shield Special Weapon, I am looking for a shield that will block all kinds of weapons fire, projectiles and beams, this would include special weapons that are projectiles and beams too. (Phasers, Pulse Phasers, Torpedos (Transphasic Torpedoes included). One thing I do want the shield to look like is the shield texture that the Corbomite Reflector (Refractor) uses on the Sovereign-class Federation Ships, if the Remodulation weapon is used how do I keep that coded texture?
Simple,in the rgb is a file called Wcorberfr.tga,this is the texture using for the Corbrenite reflector. The Shield remodulation texture is called Wshldrmd.tga.
Make back-up copies of these files,and rename Wcorbrefr to Wshldrmd.

jetnova16 wrote: For the F-302 Fighters and Dart Squadron Special Weapons, the fightes (and Darts) don't launch like a fighter and fly and fire their own weapons, that is what I have intended to happen. For the fire on these ships to go away, do I have to put the System HitPoints into the Special Weapons file as well because my normal built Darts and F-302's don't have any fire coming out of them and aren't damaged, they actually have their System HitPoints.

If they are using in the drone weapon special then no,if they are using in the fighter special based on the Fleetops fighter weapon then yes they would need the hitpoints added.

Is the Fighter Special from Fleet Ops part of the 1.2.5 Patch Project? I have that installed and I just don't know what coding I need to use for that. Up until now I haven't wanted to make fighters and this type of problem has occured with other fighters that I've gotten from other mods. They too though are using the Drone weapon catogory. What coding do I need to change this?

One other thing with the fighters using the drone coding, I have also noticed that this weapon also makes the game lag when ever it gets used especially on a strong target, when the target or the ship launching the fighters is destroyed, the lagging stops.

I have one problem with renaming the textures for the Borg Regeneration Special Weapon and the Federation Corbomite Refractor Special Weapon, I want the textures to remain the same for their respective "True" races (Federation & Borg). I just want to do an ODF Edit to make the Ancient Shield Weapon work as planned and also have a lighter texture that go all around the ship perfectly with no gaps, aka the Corbomite Refractor (Reflector) does this perfectly.

For increasing some of these ships vision ranges, some of them actually are already set at high points and depending on what map is being played, the entire map can be see at once or half to a quarter of it. Still though the Drone Weapons don't fire at long range targets but the railguns do. I want to set this to be the opposite, I think that would require editing the Weapon ODF files instead, maybe reversing the range for the two weapons could do the trick.

***** I was deciding on making another posting to post the odf files for my created special weapons, but instead of posting them here, that would be to long, I am just going to upload the Special Weapons I created to Mega Upload and post the downloading code instead. Taking alook at or trying these weapons out (tweaking them, might help better describe the problems with them that I am trying to say). I am not including the Railgun Weapon files because those are not created by me.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=URZCZNF9

Also this final Download Code is two Mesh Files Combined together but still in their seperate folders. One is the Ancient's Weapon's Satellite (The one that took out one of the 3 Hiveships heading for Atlantis in The Seige Part 1 before the Wraith Crusiers and remaining 2 Hiveships destroyed it). The other file is the Wraith Cruiser model, I have included the Wraith Hiveship textures for this. In both of the seperate files, the original creators are credited and their files are included. I also regave them credit in my Read Me File.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7L63OCY9

Is posting these mesh files against policy? If so you can remove the link.

Methos
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Methos » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:13 pm

jetnova16 wrote: Is the Fighter Special from Fleet Ops part of the 1.2.5 Patch Project? I have that installed and I just don't know what coding I need to use for that. Up until now I haven't wanted to make fighters and this type of problem has occured with other fighters that I've gotten from other mods. They too though are using the Drone weapon catogory. What coding do I need to change this?
I don't use that patch,but the fighter isn't as advanced as the one from the main Fleetops mod. Basicly it's just a variation of the saucer seperation special only it addes the fighters and doesn't change the carrier.

In Fleetops the fighter are coded to move and fight on their own.

The A2 drone weapons is a straight line go here and come back type weapon.
jetnova16 wrote: One other thing with the fighters using the drone coding, I have also noticed that this weapon also makes the game lag when ever it gets used especially on a strong target, when the target or the ship launching the fighters is destroyed, the lagging stops.
Sounds like either the sods used have high poly count or the texture for them are large,both are bad things to have with too many of these in game at one time.

jetnova16 wrote: I have one problem with renaming the textures for the Borg Regeneration Special Weapon and the Federation Corbomite Refractor Special Weapon, I want the textures to remain the same for their respective "True" races (Federation & Borg). I just want to do an ODF Edit to make the Ancient Shield Weapon work as planned and also have a lighter texture that go all around the ship perfectly with no gaps, aka the Corbomite Refractor (Reflector) does this perfectly.
Corby and the shield textures are hardcoded to their sods,thus you can only change them with renamed textures.

If you have Armada 1,then you could change the texture that a sod used with the sod viewer,but not in A2.

jetnova16 wrote: For increasing some of these ships vision ranges, some of them actually are already set at high points and depending on what map is being played, the entire map can be see at once or half to a quarter of it. Still though the Drone Weapons don't fire at long range targets but the railguns do. I want to set this to be the opposite, I think that would require editing the Weapon ODF files instead, maybe reversing the range for the two weapons could do the trick.
I play 60,000 scale maps and up so not a prob for me. ;)

The drone will fire at a long range,not across the map long but at a good 1000 range. Now if you are wanting the AI to fire them,that's going to be diffrent.

RTS_CFG in the A2 directory /lower the number the greater the chances the AI will using them. But in most cases the AI will still move normal weapon range before using most specials.

// AI special weapon fire rate
float EASY_SPECIAL_WEAPON_FIRE_MODIFIER = 20.0;
float DEFAULT_SPECIAL_WEAPON_FIRE_MODIFIER = 0.50;
float HARD_SPECIAL_WEAPON_FIRE_MODIFIER = 0.05;

jetnova16 wrote:
I've tried to change the misc file for Species 8472 to add crew, metal and dilithium but they don't show up in the game, no icon for it. Also there is nothing for the crew either.
Of course not,that's just the graphic part,add the resource type to the Species8472 race file in the Other folder. Look at the other race files in this folder to see how the resources are listed in their files.

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:12 pm

Methos wrote:
jetnova16 wrote: Is the Fighter Special from Fleet Ops part of the 1.2.5 Patch Project? I have that installed and I just don't know what coding I need to use for that. Up until now I haven't wanted to make fighters and this type of problem has occured with other fighters that I've gotten from other mods. They too though are using the Drone weapon catogory. What coding do I need to change this?
I don't use that patch,but the fighter isn't as advanced as the one from the main Fleetops mod. Basicly it's just a variation of the saucer seperation special only it addes the fighters and doesn't change the carrier.

In Fleetops the fighter are coded to move and fight on their own.

The A2 drone weapons is a straight line go here and come back type weapon.
jetnova16 wrote: One other thing with the fighters using the drone coding, I have also noticed that this weapon also makes the game lag when ever it gets used especially on a strong target, when the target or the ship launching the fighters is destroyed, the lagging stops.
Sounds like either the sods used have high poly count or the texture for them are large,both are bad things to have with too many of these in game at one time.

jetnova16 wrote: I have one problem with renaming the textures for the Borg Regeneration Special Weapon and the Federation Corbomite Refractor Special Weapon, I want the textures to remain the same for their respective "True" races (Federation & Borg). I just want to do an ODF Edit to make the Ancient Shield Weapon work as planned and also have a lighter texture that go all around the ship perfectly with no gaps, aka the Corbomite Refractor (Reflector) does this perfectly.
Corby and the shield textures are hardcoded to their sods,thus you can only change them with renamed textures.

If you have Armada 1,then you could change the texture that a sod used with the sod viewer,but not in A2.

jetnova16 wrote: For increasing some of these ships vision ranges, some of them actually are already set at high points and depending on what map is being played, the entire map can be see at once or half to a quarter of it. Still though the Drone Weapons don't fire at long range targets but the railguns do. I want to set this to be the opposite, I think that would require editing the Weapon ODF files instead, maybe reversing the range for the two weapons could do the trick.
I play 60,000 scale maps and up so not a prob for me. ;)

The drone will fire at a long range,not across the map long but at a good 1000 range. Now if you are wanting the AI to fire them,that's going to be diffrent.

RTS_CFG in the A2 directory /lower the number the greater the chances the AI will using them. But in most cases the AI will still move normal weapon range before using most specials.

// AI special weapon fire rate
float EASY_SPECIAL_WEAPON_FIRE_MODIFIER = 20.0;
float DEFAULT_SPECIAL_WEAPON_FIRE_MODIFIER = 0.50;
float HARD_SPECIAL_WEAPON_FIRE_MODIFIER = 0.05;

jetnova16 wrote:
Of course not,that's just the graphic part,add the resource type to the Species8472 race file in the Other folder. Look at the other race files in this folder to see how the resources are listed in their files.

Ok, I'll take alook into all of that. Right now before I posted yesterday, my game started to crash on loading for all races. I started a new thread about that but the only thing is it affects all races but all I really did was work on StarGate Units. Please check out this thread, I uploaded bugreports too: https://www.armadafleetcommand.com/afc/m ... highlight=

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:30 pm

Ok, with the crashing problem found and fixed I can re-continue using this thread for this Race. The other one with bugs will just be for that purpose.

So now with all that done, I am now planning on adding my StarGate units fully to the game. I have decided to use the Ancients' GUI that I have and it looks great in game, right now with no ships or stations to mine, it’s hard to win but I have done so, mostly it seems the railguns (which I need to still change the firing distance to close range) are powerful enough to destroy enemies, even the harder ones, including the Borg but they take longer.)

I have come up with a way to add crew, metal and dilithium to Species 8472, I am using the Species Mod from Armada2Files. It doesn't change the GUI look from the pictures, but it does add crew, metal and dilithium including the Bio-Matter, no icons to represent this though. The one part from that mod that I am not using is the fixed up ships. They to now require crew, metal and dilithium along with Bio-Matter. This addition was only needed for Species 8472 for the Wraith units, now it should work.

Using this mod, I also have put into the Species8472.odf file the ability to colonize, and to take over planets and to transport. Again this is for the Wraith, not the Species 8472 aliens. Hopefully all will work good, if it doesn’t I can always go back because I do know what was changed and that can easily be fixed, then I’ll be back to square one with giving Species 8472 all the extras they need just to incorporate the Wraith.
Does anyone know how to create a Hyperspace Window? If you have watched StarGate SG1, StarGate Atlantis and SGU you know what I mean. I don’t want the StarGate ships to go to warp, I just want them to have impulse speed = Sub-light Engines and for faster than light travel = Hyperspace Windows. The Atlantian, Goa’uld & finally Tau’ri and Asgard Hyperdrives would mostly be the same (because they actually are the same). The Wraith though will have their own version for they have to drop out of Hyperspace more for their ships to recover (Hyperspace also has a type of "Hyperspace Radiation" which all Wraith ships suffer damage from and as a result must exit out of hyperspace every once in a while to allow their organic ships to heal from the hyperspace radiation damage.). I don’t want this to be a Special Weapon but if it has to then I understand that.

If you don’t know what Hyperspace is or what a Hyperspace Window looks like, please follow the links below to see pictures and to learn more of what I’m talking about. I would also like to know how to create the Hyperspace Window opening effect and also the effect of how one closes. I don’t want to use the Wormhole texture, the Borg Transwarp texture or even rename those files, I want to create something new and unique to StarGate for this race.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperspace ... e_fiction)
http://www.gateworld.net/omnipedia/misc ... pace.shtml
http://images.wikia.com/stargate/images ... rspace.JPG
http://images.wikia.com/stargate/images ... rdrive.jpg
http://images.wikia.com/stargate/images ... rspace.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2bYSfRU_TQ

I was looking at Milkshape3D again last night and I also went to their website since I only have a trial version. Right on their site I found that after you purchase the program you are allowed to SHARE the activation code with other people, now that is very nice. For a long time I have wanted to get this program because I have some meshes that I really want to get completed but every time I ask for help in that matter, no one gets back to me on that, how sad. I’m only asking this all the time because financially I cannot get Milkshape3D as the full program and thus I can’t create SODs or do much with the program. I was wondering then would anyone be kind enough to PM me an activation code? (Possibly mentioning what version it’s for, - I have version 1.8.5 and will upgrade if needed). I have a few models that I created myself that look good but the trial version only lets you create meshes, no texturing or SOD creating.
What fun is modding without being able to actually do that?

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:37 pm

You'll be hard pressed to find anyone who will be willing to give you an activation code for a program they paid money for.

I'm also very curious as to the actual page you seen this on, because this is the first I've ever heard of it.

jetnova16
Ensign
Ensign

Post by jetnova16 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:37 am

MajorPayne wrote:You'll be hard pressed to find anyone who will be willing to give you an activation code for a program they paid money for.

I'm also very curious as to the actual page you seen this on, because this is the first I've ever heard of it.
I found it on Milkshape's website and I also contacted them by e-mail about it.

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:44 am

I know. You already said that in your previous reply. I'd be curious to know the exact page link.