Build From Temporal Research Facility?

Our General Discussion Forum. This is the main forum of AFC, and is used for talking about just about anything you like ... Please, do not advertise, 'spam' or 'flame' in this forum.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

fuller
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Build From Temporal Research Facility?

Post by fuller » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:11 pm

Quite possibly going to be another odd enquiry from me, but here goes:
The amount of canon Federation starship types means that it is quite easy to fill up all the build slots in the shipyards. Partly to save such slots, and partly because the ship is from the future, I wondered whether it was possible and/or a good idea to try and build the Premonition class from the Temporal Research facility?
If so i will need some advice on how to achieve this, but I thought I'd ask the group knowledge whether it might be worthwhile in the first place?

MrVulcan
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral

Re: Build From Temporal Research Facility?

Post by MrVulcan » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:18 am

In order to build a ship normally, the station needs to be a starbase or a shipyard. Unfortunately, these can't have special weapons, as far as I recall. Another option would be to turn the research station into a multi-module research station with one "research pod" as a shipyard, and another "pod" as a regular pod. Research pods can have special weapons.

Can always make another separate shipyard for additional ships.

fuller
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Re: Build From Temporal Research Facility?

Post by fuller » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:05 am

Yeah I think it's going to have to be a third shipyard - my loose plan is to built Miranda, Excelsior era ships from Starbase, Wolf 359 era from Shipyard and anything later from the Advanced. Will have to come up with a new shipyard idea and learn to model to produce it.
Thanks for the advice :)