....and so I return...to a VERY quiet forum.

Our General Discussion Forum. This is the main forum of AFC, and is used for talking about just about anything you like ... Please, do not advertise, 'spam' or 'flame' in this forum.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

....and so I return...to a VERY quiet forum.

Post by MajorPayne » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:25 am

So its been over a year since I last logged in, and to questions....

After having found a seriously old cd with some very old models on it, I think its high time I redid them. Also having critical failure with my last pc system it took me over 9 months to save up for a more "power" based gaming rig. I'm sure my modelling skills haven't gone to far (rusty perhaps :) ) so anyway. Looking to re-install A2 and wondering if anyone here has got it working on Win10 64bit. If so, how?? Is it working okay with Flops??

Also I might be interested in dusting off milkshape (3d max 5 and 6 don't like windows 10) and getting back to some serious modelling. I do know that miklos is in the process of revamping a new Wing Commander project on MODDB and the models he's using are poor to say the least (original set from the first WC project that was made around 2001 (DAM!! 16 years old).

Anyway. Just a quick hello to those still using AFC...

Spectre
Ensign
Ensign

Re: ....and so I return...to a VERY quiet forum.

Post by Spectre » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:30 pm

Hey MaP,

Welcome back I've not been back long myself and want to back into doing stuff for A2. I've got it working on Windows 10. I've had to install on a WinXP machine patch it up to 1.25 and use Fleet Ops as a basic copy. Did email you yesterday so would be interested to work on some projects if you have time.

Also can help you out with the files if needed if not i can provide the video i was given and did it using a virtual machine. Obviously ignore any Mac OSx stuff. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dfx24Sa6Xos

If you want i can get in touch on Instant messenger but i only really use Discord or other if needed.

Let me know if you need help or wanna chat

Regards

MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Re: ....and so I return...to a VERY quiet forum.

Post by MajorPayne » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:54 pm

Yo spectre. I changed my email a while ago so check your pm's as I've sent it to you. I don't use any kind of instant messenger and haven't for some time. As for free time. Thats no problem, although I'll probably stick more to models than anything else. I'd actually like to work with something thats more uptodate with regards to building an rts based game (armada, whilst great in its time was still restrictive in what it could do which is a big shame).