A1 - MULTI SELF GEMINI!!!!!!!

The best Modding forum in the Armada community, some of the best modders come here.

Moderators: MrVulcan, thunderchero

Shadowtech
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

A1 - MULTI SELF GEMINI!!!!!!!

Post by Shadowtech » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:24 am

SHADOWTECH is proud to present the MULTI SELF GEMINI EFFECT

I introducing a new special weapon and (to the best of my knowledge) a never achieved before effect.

This weapon will make multiple duplicates of your own ship. You do not have to target another ship or make a single self-duplicate!!!

I was simply amazed that it worked!!!

I welcome any feedback or comments and trust that this will breath new life into this game and forum.
Snapshot001.jpg
Snapshot001.jpg (91.7 KiB) Viewed 1015 times
MULTI SELF GEMINI.zip
(31.38 KiB) Downloaded 184 times

galac
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Re: A1 - MULTI SELF GEMINI!!!!!!!

Post by galac » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:19 am

wooow awesome mate :) glad to see there are still Armada 1 "fanatics" expect myself haha... defintetly downloading :)

now, it seems there is way to play Armada 1 on win 10, future tense mod returns with 6 races if i recall well, things definetly look bright

i suggest modifying "original" special weapons from A1 to get new ones... personally i've created section 31 operative, ramming shuttle, or even modified phaser beam for species 8472 which drains crew and shields instantly and ship remains intact with 0 crew so you can take it over...

is it possible to create weapon of modify ODFs so for example you can take ove someone else's speacial weapons... e.g. ion cannon on akira class... some sort of station maybe

galac
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by galac » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:29 am

or create special weapon let's say for defiant class - cloacking device or for some other class

MrVulcan
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral

Post by MrVulcan » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:24 pm

Great work! I think you posted on this early last year, trying to get the multi Gemini effect to work. Success at last 😁

Shadowtech
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Shadowtech » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:49 pm

Thanks guys for the comments!

Although this seems easy it was actually quite difficult. One small change in any file will cause it not to work, crash, or have unexpected results.

While others have made mods where you could make duplicates of other ships or a single copy of our own ship, this effect had never been achieved.

It's basically a uball object which uses the gemini effect to duplicate your ship several times.

Per Galac's questions I don't think it's possible to take someone else's special weapon. This is something specific to the Armada 2. You can however take over someone's else ship or station and gain an ability that way!

For the defiant cloak there are several mods giving the defiant that ability available in the download section.

limon36
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by limon36 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:49 am

I will try it in A2 - Multi Self Gemin to see if it works because it is the same game but a upgrade!! :twisted: :roll: I think I like the wave better :twisted:
Long lived the Terran Empire!! :twisted:

Shadowtech
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Shadowtech » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:24 pm

This works in A2?! That's awesome! I hadn't tested it in A2.

The gemini wave duplicates allied ships around you. This duplicates your own ship several times. I might be able to make this into a wave if people are interested. Thanks. :D