Been quite a while

Our General Discussion Forum. This is the main forum of AFC, and is used for talking about just about anything you like ... Please, do not advertise, 'spam' or 'flame' in this forum.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

TheElite1x87
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Been quite a while

Post by TheElite1x87 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:56 pm

Well, my old Username (TheElite1) still showed as in use when I tried to register, but I probably registered for this site close to, i dunno, 18 or 19 years ago? No idea what passwords I had in rotation back then. And being pre-gmail days that email address is gone. So...new username it is.

I used to visit this site quite a bit WAY back in the Armada 1 and 2 days. Also a site called STAMODS if anyone remembers that. I tended to be more active on that forum than this one but I could be seen on both.

Got to thinking more about this site when I was playing around with trying to get ST Armada 1 to work properly on my current game rig. I managed to use a DX7 wrapper to get Armada 1 to boot up on my machine and work. My current rig is a Ryzen 5 3600, Windows 10 Pro 64bit and a RTX 2060. By defualt Armada didn't like to do anything. I have not played through it entirely but the SP campaign seems to function for me but Instant Action crashes when I try to actually start the game, regardless of settings.

I've been trying to set up a VM to play Armada 1 and I've run into separate issues there. Anyone have any suggestions? At this point I'm about to just say screw it and bring my old Pentium 4 machine out of retirement. At least I know it'll run on that without issue.

usscapital
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Re: Been quite a while

Post by usscapital » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:21 pm

evening elite1

TheElite1x87
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by TheElite1x87 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:12 pm

Well shoot. If it isn't the man himself. ChaoticRealities Team Founder/Leader. Been quite a while man. Lost contact with you back when I lost my MSN messenger account (or MSN Messenger went under, can't recall) that was the only contact method I had for you. What have you been up to all these years?

usscapital
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by usscapital » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:24 am

not been up to a lot apart from having a heart attack etc etc :-/

TheElite1x87
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by TheElite1x87 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:50 pm

Damn, I'm sorry to hear that. But, you made it through it! so that counts for something. Life is full of the ups and downs. I've certainly had my share. Any games/communities you are active in these days?