Elite Force on XP or later?

Talk here about any Star Trek Game you play.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

slickrcbd
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Elite Force on XP or later?

Post by slickrcbd »

So, I was talking with a second cousin who is a Star Trek fan and somehow it came up that I never got to play "Elite Force". He had a copy but said he couldn't get it to work on anything since XP came out and he doesn't have a Windows 95 or 98 computer anymore. He gave me the CD, saying he hadn't been able to use it for 15 years and was surprised he kept it.

I have a Win98SE/XP dual boot computer, and I couldn't get it to work with XP, but it works with Windows 98SE.
On the other hand, the controllers I have seem way to touchy to get any kind of movement or shooting accuracy, but they might just be old or not like Win98SE. The game will work with the keyboard, it's just that the jumping seems awkward.

Any suggestions on sites to get the game working on anything newer than my Dell Optiplex GX110?
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral

Re: Elite Force on XP or later?

Post by thunderchero »

just a quick search I found this

https://fdossena.com/?p=stvef/i.md
Try the new Birth of the Federation All in One Installer...
All in One installer Download Page
All in one installer topic
Sedaris
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Re: Elite Force on XP or later?

Post by Sedaris »

The guide is sadly a little bit out of date. A patch for Win10 introduced a problem with the installer. It often will be placed on hold and you have to analye the waiting chain to fix that. My guide isn't that fancy, but it will tell you how to install the game and more.

Should you have any more problems, just let me know or join the community Discord.