Why the hell isnt my armada working :(

Our General Discussion Forum. This is the main forum of AFC, and is used for talking about just about anything you like ... Please, do not advertise, 'spam' or 'flame' in this forum.

Moderators: thunderchero, MrVulcan

Jazznaz89
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Why the hell isnt my armada working :(

Post by Jazznaz89 »

Is Armada 1 not compatible with new graphics cards? I just installed my new 6600gt and it wont play on it. it will work for a little while, and then it dies. Any help? If this is in the wrong forum can a mod please move it to the appropriate one?

Cheers

*EDIT*

Alright i fixed my graphics problem, but my sound is still all jumpy and poop. If i click a unit, the voice will play but will not nessecarily finish, it will just cut off. the music skips aswell. if anybody has any knowledge of this problem could u help me out?

Thx.
MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne »

I get this problem with A1 myself and apparently its possibly a hardware acceleration problem. You could try adjusting it, btu thats about the best thing I can suggest
Jazznaz89
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Jazznaz89 »

Yeh i cant do that, coz i have surround sound and i need full acceleration for all my games that support it. Im not gonna have my 5.1 speakers going to waste lol

I spose Ill try it any way brb...

*EDIT*

Yeh its working now, thanx majorpayne. I have you on msn from ages ago, when i used to mod armada. I think i mite get into it again soon.

Cheers!
Numbazix
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Numbazix »

If the problem is one where the picture flickers rapidly readjust the graphics setting within the game (i.e., setting on 800x600x32 to 800x600x16).
Zix
Master of all I survey--wheres my glasses?
kips
Ensign
Ensign

Post by kips »

Hey calm down mattym1985 be nice the kid is new 2 posts so far,
Go easy you and I know these things by experience jazznaz89 is a rookie I'm guessing so have a little heart.
life is life and death well thats a pain in the neck.

Fighting member of the Four Star Alliance.
It has begun...
Porty
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Porty »

mattym1985 wrote:look Jazznaz89 all i can say is get a life mate. star trek armada 1 doesn't support 5.1 speaker and yes i have tried to get them working on the game armada2 does work with 5.1 speakers so all i can say is shut up or get armada 2 to use your 5.1 speaker with
This is definetly not the sort of attitude we encourage here at AFC!! Please refrain from being rude to other members especially when it appears that you are only new yourself!! :x
cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 »

as porty stated be nice mattym1985 ur could of wrote ur message better :\ what if he doesnt perfer A2 ?? chose ur reply carefully as ill be watching u
MajorPayne
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by MajorPayne »

mattym1985 wrote:look Jazznaz89 all i can say is get a life mate. star trek armada 1 doesn't support 5.1 speaker and yes i have tried to get them working on the game armada2 does work with 5.1 speakers so all i can say is shut up or get armada 2 to use your 5.1 speaker with
Three postings and already under watch.

I tell you what. How about this for a response. One more outburst of this kind and consider that posting to be your last.
Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond »

Consider me the fourth who is keeping an eye on you.
Despite long absences from the community itself, along with others, I've been keeping an eye on things. 'Some' would do well to remain aware of this.
Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond »

Excellent. I'm glad you think this way. Let me be the first to eliminate you. Thank you for doing business with us. Goodbye. :) Now notice your new rank. :D Spiffy ain't it!

Just took a look-see here. Ah-ha! It seems this IS your third strike:

https://www.armadafleetcommand.com/afc/ ... highlight=

^ That was ur first strike. Then you got your second and third in this thread. Well, you're definitely never coming back here, not that you can read this though. :lol:
Despite long absences from the community itself, along with others, I've been keeping an eye on things. 'Some' would do well to remain aware of this.
JPKTrekker
Captain
Captain

Post by JPKTrekker »

mattym1985 wrote:i really care that you lot are watching what i post on here YEAH RIGHT i don't care what you think i will do whatever the hell i want to do
Don't go down that road, dude. You certainly won't like the results. For not only will the Admins come after you, us regular members will go on seek-and-destroy.
"Until Hell calls my name!"
Elrond
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Elrond »

Well, seeing as this thread has served its purpose and helped a fellow modder, despite Mattym1985's ignorance of the rules and attacking that modder, this thread is now closed.
cecilzero1
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by cecilzero1 »

mattym1985 wrote:i really care that you lot are watching what i post on here YEAH RIGHT i don't care what you think i will do whatever the hell i want to do
u sir are a idiot im going to get the Admins togather to see if u warrent a banning