Notice; sections and topics will be moving

Important info on site change.

Moderator: thunderchero

thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Notice; sections and topics will be moving

Post by thunderchero »

Hi Everyone,

I will be moving things around for a while to come to make some things easier to find.

I have already started a little, :shock: the next phase will take some time to group some new sections.

first will be new section "Complete Conversions Mods" this will have sub sections for each mod.

I have started an example for "Ultimate Dominion Mod" and will be setting up others and moving topics to correct sub-section as time goes on.

thunderchero
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Re: Notice; sections and topics will be moving

Post by KrazeeXXL »

:up:

good to see the Multiplayer Section at the top under General Chat. perfect placement.
thunderchero wrote: I have already started a little, :shock:
So, you opened Pandora's Box? :lol:
thunderchero wrote: first will be new section "Complete Conversions Mods" this will have sub sections for each mod.

I have started an example for "Ultimate Dominion Mod" and will be setting up others and moving topics to correct sub-section as time goes on.

this sounds really good. :up:

The Forum is pretty messy. Nice of you to sort things. Keep up the good work. :up:
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

KrazeeXXL wrote:So, you opened Pandora's Box?
yes I did, :roll:

Don't expect this to be completed for several months. I also have plans for "Solutions; Bug fixes and recoding of game" changing it to "Structured Modding Index" and setting up section same as index. this will take the longest.

I am also sure later I will ask for some help from members to point out posts I have missed and need to be moved. But need new sections setup first.

thunderchero
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

the great thing about the structured modding index is, that it's already a collected list of threads. So this may turn out faster than expected.

2630 topics overall in here. That is quite a bit. I guess you can leave General Chat, Multiplayer Section and the Archives alone. That's already over 1500 topics. So you have around 1000 topics to sort out.

I'd keep it as simple and logical as humanly possible. This doesn't mean to throw anything in one big section :lol:

just take your time to find out what kinda sections are needed and would be useful. Talk to your mods and don't rush it. Or you'll do that sorting more than once.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Hi everyone,

I got a lot moved this weekend, :grin:

I Hope you can see where I am going with things now. should only be a couple more new sections now (ship/station/3dfx showcase)

"Solutions; Bug fixes and recoding of game" will now be "Structured Modding Index" now

The next step will be to go though each post 1 by 1 to see what needs to be moved and where. this will take the longest time.
KrazeeXXL wrote:the great thing about the structured modding index is, that it's already a collected list of threads. So this may turn out faster than expected.
true but the questions about these posts are all over the place.
KrazeeXXL wrote:2630 topics overall in here. That is quite a bit. I guess you can leave General Chat, Multiplayer Section and the Archives alone.
general chat for most part should be ok but needs to be checked (to see if any small code changes slipped by. :grin: as well as all other sections.
KrazeeXXL wrote:I'd keep it as simple and logical as humanly possible. This doesn't mean to throw anything in one big section
as you can see I did not just start 1 big section :shock:

thunderchero

Return to “Site Information”