Important info on site change.

Moderator: thunderchero

cleverwise
Captain
Captain

Server Reboots & Site Downtime

Post by cleverwise »

Hello Community,

The AFC server should be pretty rock solid. It is based on some very mature and stable technology.

In fact gone are the days of AFC running on bloated control panels like cPanel. AFC server software was custom tailored just for this site and only what is needed is installed and configured. In other words no bloatware or junk.

However like all software, especially Internet enabled code, updates need to be done. Since this is a hobby site there aren't a farm of servers running AFC. Thus from time-to-time when reboots are necessary the site will go offline. You probably are wondering for how long?

Well the server can reboot in 25 seconds or less provided no errors occur. There will be no real schedule as patches and updates will be applied when necessary. In general if down time is thought to take longer notification will be provided unless an emergency IT situation arises.

For the most part you probably won't notice when updates occur but if the site becomes unreachable stay calm and know it will be back. Still I am no novice in managing servers so I doubt that will happen often as more than likely network issues would be the cause.
Hailing frequencies close,

Jeremy
Whether you rise or fall depends on... you!
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: Server Reboots & Site Downtime

Post by thunderchero »

I want to make a big thanks to cleverwise for all he has done here setting up new server.

thunderchero
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Re: Server Reboots & Site Downtime

Post by Flocke »

m2, looks to be running pretty well! :up:

A bit slower in the afternoon maybe, but overall solid also in germany from what I can tell.

Great work!

Return to “Site Information”